Status: This is the first story I have done in a while. I`m proud.

My Little David

Tears Are Shed

The next day Mason drove me and Kasey to the social workers office. When Baby C saw us, she rushed off of her mom`s lap, so her mom was already there, and hugged us all. I picked her up and went and sat down with her on my lap.
“Who do you want to stay with Baby C? Who do you want to be your mommy?” She asked Baby C, even though she had not much of a say. Oh, and I`m glad we both chose to do it this way, and not in court.
“Taylor,” she replied, and tears came to her mother’s eyes.
“And why is that?”
“Tay `eeps me safe, and I`m happy with her, and she loves me, and I wuv her, and I wuv David and I Mason, and I wuv her house,” I loved that little girl, and I knew that she could go on forever, but the social worker stopped her.
“Okay thank you, do you want to go play in the play room, Baby C?”
She must have, because she went off skipping into the playroom. What she said made me so happy, but that still doesn`t mean I get her. You can`t just take away her mother`s rights because she loves her more.
“Now that we have heard what Baby C has to say, let`s talk. Now, there is always three things I can do in a case, take away a parents rights, them give them away, or the kid stay with the parent. So I am going to ask this at the begging of the conversation, and the end. Do you want to give away your rights?”
“No,” Baby C`s mom replied, tears in her eyes.
“And now we will continue. Did you know what your husband was doing?” She asked her.
“No ma`am,”
“Did any of you have any knowledge of her knowing?” We all shook our heads no.
“Have you ever harmed the child in anyway?”
“No,”
“Has she?” she asked us.
We nodded no again.
“Have you ever done anything that would give me the right to take your rights away from you?”
“No,”
She looked at us, and we shook our heads. She was only one really talking.
“Then I don`t believe I can take your rights away from you,”
“Now you guys can now try to convince both I and her to give up her rights,”
Mason started. “You didn`t always seem to be focused on your child in the first place, or you would of noticed what had been going on. Taylor, kids are her life, she would never not be focused on your child. She would never let anyone hurt her, that`s why she took her away from your house, not to steal your kid away from you, but to keep her safe. She loves me a lot, and believe me, if I ever hurt David or Baby C I`d be out of her life in a heart beat. I of course wouldn`t though. Also, you are now a single mother, she wouldn`t be, I would be as a father to her, and not like how her old father is. And lastly, if you gave Taylor your child, she wouldn`t keep her from you, you could see her anytime,” I was bawling so much by the time Mason was done talking, and so was her mother.
“Kasey? Who do you think should have the child. You are a little less biased, since you have a relationship with both, not just one,” The case worked asked her.
“Taylor, she is a better mom then my aunt ever could be, though I still love my aunt,” She replied, looking down.
“Taylor? Do you have anything to say?”
“I love that child, but I wouldn`t want to take her from her mother, I would forever hate someone if they took my son from me,”
“I won`t hate you, but you are taking the child,”
I cried even more, Baby C, that beautiful kid was now mine. We signed papers and talked. I was now Baby C`s mother, and Mason the father. We agreed on her visting her at any time. We also agreed that Kasey would stay with her, so she wasn`t so lonely in that big place, until she found her own place, she wanted to feel how it was to be alone in this world, to take care of herself.