Status: This is the first story I have done in a while. I`m proud.

My Little David

More Trouble

“I can stay at my friend`s college dorm room for a while. She`d have to keep me secretly and it would only be until I could get enough money to pay for somewhere to stay,” Kasey said, as I was thinking of something to do. Because there really wasn`t enough space for three adults, a kid, and a baby in my house. Three since Mason stayed in it most of the time now.

“No,” I told her. “I will give you money, I have a lot.”

“I won `t take your money, “She said.

I sighed.

“Only problem,” She said, “it would be impossible to keep a five year old in a dorm secretly.”

“That`s fine,” I told her. “I`ll keep her here.”

“Are you sure? I really don’t want my family causes any more problems for you. “She really still put others before herself after all of what had happened? That made me warm inside; she had a really big heart.

“You are a part of my family, too. David has your blood. You and baby C are the only ones out of that family I`d ever call family though. “ I told her, it just made her smile. Which she deserved a good smile, didn`t she?

I sighed, trying to think about what was going to happen to Baby C after a while. They could never take back Kasey, she could make her own choices, and she wasn`t even their kid. But baby C was their kid, they could take her back, I don`t want her to have anything to do with that messed up family, poor kid.

Kasey looked at me, my face must of looked so stressed out, I tried to change it real quick so she wouldn`t worry.

“What?” She asked.

I shrugged. “I don`t know, everything.” I told her, and wasn`t that the truth? Everything was going through my head.

She just kept silent.

“Do you want to go to the cops about this?” I asked her.

“Ye-“ She began to say, but then stopped. “No.”

“Why?” I asked, looking at her weirdly. Why wouldn`t she want him to have to pay?

She looked down, “ Then Baby C might not be able to stay with you.”

“Too late not to get cops involved,” Mason said walking into the room, with David in his arms and Baby C holding onto his leg. “They are here.”

My eyes got big and wet, they couldn`t take her from me.

“Don`t cry,” Baby C said in a high pitched while running over and hugging me. She had really gotten attached to me over the short time. It was cute, but bad, especially if she wasn`t able to stay with me.

“C, get off please?” I asked. She just shook her head. So I had to pry her off of me, and I then put her in Kasey`s lap. I walked to the front door with Mason by my side, rubbing my back.

“Yes?” I asked the police when I got to the door, as if I didn`t know.

“We are here to investigate a kidnapping,” A fat one said, maybe it was true, cops eating a lot of doughnuts. But he also looked like the head. They showed me their badges.

“A kidnapping?!?” I screeched.

“Come down, babe,” Mason said quietly and soothing, to calm me down, it did a little.

“May we come in?” They asked, as if I had a choice. I walked into the living room, with them following. I heard the door shut and then Mason came in the living room also. He must have closed the door.

“So they are here,” the woman cop said smartly. I just wanted to slap her, as I was falling apart.

“Willingly,” Kasey stated.