Did You Have To Turn Your Back When Forever Didn't Last?

Chapter Three

“So is it a boy or a girl?” Miley asked. I heard ruckus in the kitchen and my eyes got wide.
“It’s a girl!” Trace’s voice yelled from the other room. He walked in with a coffee mug and sat by me putting his arm around me. I tensed and slipped out from under it. He gave me the same hurt look as he did three months ago when I walked away. With the hope of changing his ways.

The thing is I can’t forgive him its too hard for me to do. He broke the promise big time. If he loved me so much how could he do that to me. He can blame it on the alcohol all he wants. But come on! You can’t be drunk long enough to date a girl, get her pregnant, and then get engaged to her while you’re already married.
And her! Come on Brenda! You knew nothing about him being married. It was everywhere the TV, magazines, the internet. You are his sister’s friend for heavens sake.
Now he has two babies and one on the way. He didn’t really love me if he’s decided he wants to father babies from anyone he can get his hands on. I remember he said forever.
Billy Ray looked at me as the door opened and SHE walked in baby in tow. Talk about speaking of the devil. We glared at each other. Obviously we couldn’t be adults about this. So… That’s little Madison Lee. She honesty looks nothing like Trace. Crimson is the spitting image of Trace minus the blood red blinded eye. She moved to Trace.
“Honey, we’ve got to get home.” She told him playing with his hair. He pushed her hand away.
“No. I told you I’m staying here I can’t deal with you.”
“We’ll why did you ask me to marry you if you can’t deal with me?” She yelled.
“News flash Brenda, I am already married.” I bet those slurred words stung. “I was being stupid. Like I am now. I need time.” He looked around the room. “Mom, get me out of here. I need help.” He looked until his eyes landed on my face. He reached over and held my stomach. “I’m doing this for the baby. For you. For Crimson.” Tish was on the phone. “Will you visit me when she’s born?” I looked away.
“You want her back? She doesn’t even love you! I’m here to love you, Trace.” She shouted. “Maddie is here to be your daughter.” Oh I couldn’t take this. Too many memories pushing to the surface. It all started months after we where married. It took months before I started seeing pictures surface of Trace and this woman. He progressively because an addict during this time. And then there was that night…

I was on twitter posting about how the weather lately was scaring Crimson. When I switched over to Trace’s page to find a newly updated picture of him and this woman kissing. All the sudden I was on the floor. My legs curled into my body. My mind too aware to think of crying. Nails digging into my hands, my fists were so tight my palms ached. The storm outside raged like it knew my pain. The door bell started to ring. I couldn’t move. Stuck in a trance of pure heart breaking pain. Thunder-struck, Crimson’s cries came from his room. I tried to get up, but still frozen. I was beside myself because it took so long for me to see. The door opened and Kara came into the kitchen. Her eyes widened. She crouched down on the floor and pulled me into her arms.
“My marriage is a lie.” Is all I managed to say. She held me closer as Mason came in with Crimson in his arms. “He has someone else.” My voice cracked.
“Mason go pack some of Crim’s things. Kelsey where do you want to go? We need to leave before-” A key clicked into the lock. She looked at the door and stood between me and it as if she could protect me from him. He appeared seconds later to see me on the floor with burning eyes and bleeding palms. His eyes shone broken with the sight he had. He tried walking to me, to pull me into his arms like he probably did with her. Kara placed her hand’s on his chest pushing him back. “Trace you need to leave. Now!” She half yelled.
“My wife is on the floor bleeding and you are telling me I need to leave. How about you leave, Kara? Go home and let me take care of my wife.”
“How about you leave and go take care of that whore you have on the side, you son of a bitch!” She screamed full out pushing him backwards. Anger swelled in him. As he took a step towards her as if he was ready for attack. Mason grabbed Trace’s arm from behind turning him and punched him in the face. The shock sent Trace to the floor.
“You had everything Trace!” Mason stood over him. Grabbed Trace’s hair and punched him again. “You over came everything. For what? To loose her for a slut you can get drunk and have sex with while Kelsey puts her life aside to raise your kid. Don’t you remember her not going to college because she had Crimson.” The punched were rolling and Kara started trying to pull me from the ground. She scooped Crimson off the floor as he was crying, not understanding what was going on. “She was so bright. But like everything you have to go piss on the flames. You are ruining them can’t you see?” Trace was just taking the punches. “You need to grow up man. Before everything is gone.” Mason walked away and picked up Crimson’s things and lead me out the door after Kara and Crimson.

It wasn’t long before it surfaced that Brenda was saying she was Trace’s baby. Then three months later Madison was born and her “father” wasn’t there. Here we are today her with a five month old and me eight months pregnant. Both the product of Trace Cyrus. There was a ruckus as people rushed into the house. They took a hold of Trace and explained to him that they were from a rehab facility and they were only here to help. He didn’t try to fight. The last thing I heard over the chaos of him being taken away was him yelling through the door. “I love you, Kelsey. Don’t forget me. Tell Crimson I love him. I’ll miss you.” Doors to the van he was loaded into were shut and Brenda kept trying to get in. Security rushed to pull her away. So this was how it happened. Fast and noisily. How Trace got to where he would get help. But how could I forgive him after what he did to me and this family. All this excitement was causing the baby to move and kick. Forcing me to sit and put me head between my knees. There was too much to take in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in forever. I haven't had internet for a really long time. Still looking for names for babies, if any one reads this. And the offer from previous stories in this series stands if you want to be a character just say so.
<3 Kelsey