Did You Have To Turn Your Back When Forever Didn't Last?

Chapter Six

I started receiving updates from the rehab clinic by mail. I tossed them into a pile, but I didn’t open them. I didn’t need that on my plate. It was time to move on with my life. I deserve that at least, right? But the constant reminders are hard for me. I’m taking life very slowly. Can’t go to fast when you are this pregnant. Cam has been staying with me in case I go in to labor like Kara already has. Two days now. I feel so sorry for her. It’ll be any time now.
I return to the hospital and walk to Kara’s room. I smile at my best friend as I enter. She’s in the middle of a contraction and is breaking Mason’s hand. Poor guy hasn’t slept since she went into labor. I walk to were he is and take his place. Allowing him to go get something to eat. “I’ll call you if there is any change.” I told him. I sat in a chair next to her bed.
“It’s only a matter of time before this is you.” She warned and if to say damn right Azure pushed down. I held my stomach and winced. “Kelsey?” She asked holding my wrist. She pushed the call button.
“Yes?” The disembodied voice asks.
“She’s having a baby.” Kara tells them. When the staff rushes in they assume that Kara is ready to deliver. “No, idiots, my friend.”

It was quick in my eyes. Kara had Kenzie May shortly before I went into heavy labor. Cam got there just in time. Assured me that Crimson was in good hands. I worked my way through labor. I had dealt with worse pains. Way worse. I just wanted her to be here. Even if that was another reminder. But she would be mine. And then with a cry, which was relieving after the experience with her brother almost two years ago, Azure arrived. And she just kept crying. She was going to be trouble, I knew that for sure. Because the next few days in the hospital were hard. If she wasn’t eating or sleeping she made everyone know she was there. All I wanted was sleep. I hoped that once she got home she would settle down.
She didn’t, unfortunately. Whenever she was awake the wail from her was as loud as it possibly could get. But she was peaceful when I could get her to sleep. Cam and Crimson left to stay at dad’s. So someone could get sleep. It was just me suffering here. I finally got some sleep, more than an hour, one night when she was a month old. I woke up refreshed wondering why she had been asleep all night. I walked to the nursery. Looked into her crib to find her gone. I started to panic. I ran out of the room and into the living room. To a sight. He was here. And in his arms was my baby. Awake and quiet. My heart was beating way too fast. He was singing to her.
"Hypnotized by your eyes. All the tears that you cried. I want to take away." He looked up and saw me then. A smile crossed his lips then.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Kelsey