Status: 7/16/2013: Chapter 10 posted, 11 on Saturday!

An American Rabbit in Japan

Chapter 11

Naturally, they were the first to get there. Kyoya showed Bunny where the rooms were and let her choose one, then went to his, closing the door behind him.

Bunny didn’t take long to decide. Her room had a king sized bed near the large bay window. A phone rested on the bedside table. Curious, Bunny picked up the receiver.

It clicked, as it someone was on the line.

“…Hello?” Bunny said hesitantly.

“Hello! Is there anything you need?”

Bunny jumped. She didn’t think anyone would be there to actually answer.

“Um, who is this?”

“This is the servant’s quarters downstairs. If you should need anything, Miss, just pick up the phone and one of us will be here. Is that all?”

“Oh—I mean, yes, I’m fine. Sorry for wasting your time.” Bunny facepalmed.

“It’s okay, Miss. That’s what we’re here for.” The girl hung up and all Bunny could hear was the dial-tone.

“O-kayyyy…” Bunny put the receiver back on its charger.

Still slightly confused, she put her bags on her bed and started to fill the armoire and dresser. She was about to put some things in the bathroom when there was a knock on the open door.

“Bunny-chaaan!” Honey came flying into the room, attaching himself to Bunny like moss on a tree, albeit a very short tree. Maybe more like a shrub.

“Hi, Honey!” She was extremely happy to see him. “Where’s Mori?” She asked, knowing he couldn’t be too far behind.

“Takashi is bringing our bags in. I wanted to hurry up and see you, so I ran ahead!” Bunny laughed and hugged him again, before she finished what she had been doing.

“That was pretty quick,” she commented. “I didn’t think you would have gotten here so fast.”

“Well, when you’re rich, time is nothing,” said a new voice.

“Hey, Tamaki,” Bunny said purposefully calm. He seemed to deflate at her lack of excitement.

“Bunny, you should be happy to see your older brother!”

“I am happy, but please excuse my lack of… zest. Maybe I’d be as hyper as you if you were actually my brother.”

“Tama-chan, maybe people would appreciate your mushroom cultivating if they were edible,” Honey said as Tamaki busily cultivated the ‘shrooms in the corner. Tamaki slowly turned and stared blankly at Honey. Bunny slowly backed out of the room.

“I, uh… I have some more things to get. I’ll be right back.” Bunny quickly dashed down the hallway before Tamaki could decide to help her. She was lying about getting her things; she already had them all put where they needed to go: toothbrush in the bathroom, letters from Haruhi in the desk, stationary on the desk, Bernard was—Bernard was…

Bunny stopped. She couldn’t remember where she put Bernard. Actually, she couldn’t even remember unpacking him…

“Oh my gosh!” she said, extremely alarmed. “I forgot Bernard!!” Her leisurely stroll turned into a mad dash to get to Kyoya’s limo before it left. 'He has to be in there,' she thought anxiously. 'I didn’t leave him anywhere else!'

She tore down the hall like a hurricane. Hikaru and Kaoru had arrived and were moving into their room.

“Hey, Bunny—“

She zoomed past them like she didn’t hear a thing. The twins shared a look of confusion, then decided that they didn’t care and went into their room.

Bunny almost tripped over a rug, but luckily Mori was there. He caught her around the waist, steadying her, then set her back on her feet.

“Thanks!” she said over her shoulder.

“Mm.”

As she reached the stairs leading outside, she could hear the limo starting to leave.

“No! Nononononono NO!” She took the steps two at a time, and because she was focusing on not tripping again, she didn’t see Kyoya a few steps down and promptly plowed right into him.

Thankfully, they were only a few steps away from the bottom, so no serious physical damage was done.
Piled on top of each other, they groaned in pain.

“I’m sorry,” Bunny groaned. She landed on the hard marble floor, and her head was throbbing. Blinking away the pain, her eyes slowly focusing on who she had run into.

Her cheeks turned redder than they had ever been when she realized who it was, and that he was on top of her. She couldn’t help it—she let out an embarrassingly shocked squeak.

“I—I—I—“ She covered her face with her hands. Kyoya had already gotten up, dusted himself off, and straightened his glasses in annoyance as Bunny tried to stutter an apology. She wasn’t able to get it out until she stopped and took a deep breath.

“Kyoya,I’msosorryIranintoyouitwasanaccidentIdidn’tseeyouIshouldhavebeenmorecarefulIforgotsomethinginthelimoandIwastryingtocatchitbeforeitleftand—“

“Ah, so this must be yours,” Kyoya said, interrupting Bunny as she briefly paused to catch her breath. He picked up a huge tan teddy bear with a pink scarf around its neck.

“Bernard!” She threw her arms around the three-foot-tall stuffed animal, gasping with joy. “Thank you!” she said, her moment of clumsiness temporarily forgotten.

“As I was speaking with the driver he found it where the rest of the luggage was. It certainly didn’t belong to me or my family, so it had to be yours.”

The idea of Kyoya owning any kind of stuffed animal, especially Bernard, was enough to make Bunny laugh out loud. She quickly stopped when she saw his expression.

“Well, um, thank you, and I’m really sorry I ran into you. And made you fall. And—“ Kyoya shot her another look and she shut up.

“I don’t know what time you normally eat dinner, but by six Tamaki will be ready to eat. Please let me know before then what you would like, and if you would rather stay on or go out.”

“Um, okay.”

“I’ll be in my room until then.”

“Okay.”

Bunny was sure to watch her step and what was in front of her this time, although she did have a bit of trouble, due to Bernard’s size. When she got to her room, she wasn’t all that surprised to see Honey there, waiting for her.

“Oh, hi Honey.”

“Bunny, why did you pick the room farthest from the beach?”

The bluntness of his question shocked her. She tried to play it cool. “I did? Oh, I hadn’t noticed.” She placed Bernard on the bed and started playing with his scarf to avoid Honey’s stare.

“Bunny, please remember that I’m not as young or easily fooled as I look,” Honey said with complete seriousness. “I hope you’ll realize that you can trust me and talk to me when you need to.”

Bunny stared at him, wide-eyed. That’s right, she thought. He’s actually older than me.

“Sorry Honey,” she said with a laugh. “I guess I just forget.”

“It’s okay, Bunny-chan!” Honey said brightly. “But I really do hope you’ll tell me what’s wrong, ‘kay?”

“Okay,” she said, laughing again.
***
Sure enough, at a quarter ‘til six Tamaki began to complain of hunger. Bunny didn’t care where she ate; as long as she got food she was fine, but Tamaki hinted that there was a restaurant he wanted to go to. When Bunny told Kyoya, he sighed and rolled his eyes.

“He probably wants to go to a place that commoners frequent.”

Bunny couldn’t quite tell what Kyoya meant. Were they going? Or was he actually putting his foot down?

Kyoya stood up. “Go get ready if you need to. I’m going to find out where exactly it is that Tamaki wants to go.” Bunny laughed quietly to herself as she left his room and went to her own.

“Ooh, what was Bunny doing in Kyoya’s room?” The twins were randomly lounging in the hallway.

“Nothing like you’re thinking,” she replied, rolling her eyes. The twins smirked at each other and began to follow her.

“Oh really? What were we thinking?”

“No doubt something perverted.” Bunny opened the armoire in her room and began to look through her clothes. She didn’t think there was anything wrong with what she was wearing, but Kyoya’s comment had made her feel self-conscious. They seemed to have a habit of doing that.

She wasn’t quite sure of what to change into. The suggestion that she needed to was enough to enough to make her think she was under-dressed, but since Kyoya seems to think they’ll be going to a “commoner’s” restaurant, she didn’t want to over-dress. The twins had begun to look through her clothes as well, but didn’t seem to be too impressed.

“At least she has better clothes than Haruhi,” Hikaru muttered to Kaoru, who nodded in agreement.

“You know what?!” Bunny suddenly exclaimed. She stopped leafing through her clothes with a huff. “I have had enough of changing my clothes for one day. If Kyoya’s right—and let’s face it, when isn’t he—then where we’re going doesn’t even require anything more formal than what I’m already wearing. Maybe you damn rich people can make twenty outfit changes a day, but a commoner like me doesn’t have enough clothes to swing that!”

The twins didn’t expect her little outburst and weren’t sure how to react. The three of them exchanged shocked glances before the twins decided that slowly backing out of the room was a good decision.

“Who does she think she is?” Hikaru complained to his brother as they wandered the halls.

“I know, it was totally disrespectful,” Kaoru agreed. His look of annoyance slowly turned
thoughtful. “You know who she reminded me of just then?”

“…Damn rich people…”

The twins grinned. “Haruhi.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Actually forgot to update on this site :P Sorry! Next chapter will be up next week, if I don't forget it again :P