Seize the Day

I Give My Heart To You

Brian and Angel were together since they were in the seventh grade. Angel supported Brian in everything he did and helped him make his dream come true. Brian supported Angel in everything she did and made damn sure that her dream came true. In their long relationship, they had over come many things, the biggest of all was Brian's best friend Matt's jealousy. Another was Johnny's reluctance to be friends with the guys being Angel's younger brother.
“Babe where's the garlic?” Brian asked as he looked through every cabinet in the kitchen. Angel walked into the kitchen, only to giggle at the mess that Brian had made by trying to cook dinner. Angel walked over to one of the cabinets and pulled down the spice that her boyfriend had asked for.
“Thanks” Brian said before shooing her out.
“You know you don't have to do this” Angel shouted as she walked into the living room.
“I want to” Brian shouted back. He had been planning this day for a few months now. He had the dining room blocked off from her view, Brian not wanting to have his girlfriend see what he had done. He poured the appropriate amount of garlic into the spaghetti that he was making before stirring and going into the still unfinished dining room. He placed two candles on the table in their holders along with a bowl of ice that held a bottle of Angel's favorite wine in it. He hand placed orange and purple rose petals all along the table and the floor. They were her favorites and Brian knew this. Brian made his way back into the kitchen to stir the spaghetti sauce and strain the noodles. He filled two bowls up with noodles and soon added the sauce, just the amount that Angel liked, before placing them on the table. He took two wine glasses and placed them by the two bowls along with some silver-wear.
Brian took out his lighter and lit the candles before turning off the kitchen light and turning the dining room light on to a dim. As Brian took the sheets down from where they hung to block Angel's view, he smiled knowing that Angel would yell at him later for using the good sheets. He placed the sheets on the counter in the kitchen before going to get Angel, who was reading a book curled up on the couch.
“Dinner's ready” Brian said as he held out his hand. He led Angel into the dining room and helped her to her seat. He opened the wine and poured some into her glass before into his own.
“Brian is that what I think it is?” Angel asked as she noticed the bottle.
“Your favorite” he answered smiling. Once his glass was filled he sat the bottled back in the ice and sat down.
“I hope it tastes okay.” He said lamely before Angel took a bite out of the spaghetti.
“Maybe you should be the cook instead of me” she commented after she had swallowed her food.
Dinner finished with some small conversations about whatever Angel wanted to talk about. The topic mostly stayed on Brian's band. After both bowls were empty, Brian had Angel stand up and he knelt on one knee.
“Angel, I love you so much. You've been there for me since I can remember and I want you to be there with me by my side for the rest of my life. I've already gotten the approval of your father and your brother. So I ask this of you, my Angel: will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?” Brian ended his speech with pulling out a simple emerald ring. Brian knew that while most girls wanted some fancy expensive diamond ring, his Angel would prefer something simple that connected to her life.
“Brain, I don't know what to say. This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Of course I'll marry you. I love you too, so much” Angel said with tears in her eyes. Brian placed the ring on her finger before standing at his full height and pulling his now fiance into a kiss. He couldn't have ever been any more happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
716 words. The second should be done soon