Late Night Thoughts

1/1

Tossing and turning in his personal bed bunk on the My Chemical Romance tour bus, Gerard Way let out a frustrated sigh. I’m never going to get any sleep like this, he thought to himself. Running a hand through his shoulder length black hair, Gerard rolled over on his stomach and hoped hat he could get a good night’s sleep. Just as soon as he closed his eyes and let out an exasperated yawn, a hand lightly tapped his broad shoulder. Already knowing who it was, Gerard heaved his body to one side of the already cramped bunk and lifted up the cover while the younger man laid comfortably on the other half.

“Frank,” he said stiffly.

“Yes Gee?” Frank asked brightly.

Refraining himself from commenting on Frank’s question, Gerard shrugged his shoulders. “Just go to sleep Frankie.” Much to his relief, a few minutes passed by in comfortable silence. Smiling to himself, Gerard was just about to lay his head on his plush pillow when out of the blue, Frank began talking like there was no tomorrow.

“You know what Gerard? I love Mother Earth and everything and I try to respect her as much as possible. Hence my decision to become a strict vegetarian. Not that the Happy Meal I got when I was a kid helped that idea-”

“Frankie, babe. I hate to be a party crasher and all, but it is late at night. The other guys are trying to sleep and you might wake them up. Not to mention, we also have a sold out concert to perform. So is there any real point to what you’re saying besides talking about those nasty chicken nuggets that you unfortunately stumbled across as a toddler?”

Frank blushed. “Well of course gee. If there wasn’t a gist to what I was saying, then I probably would be asleep. Duh! There’s just some things in the world that I truly ponder about.”

“Well?” Gerard asked.

Gerard instantly regretted his words because Frank soon started chatting away like there was no tomorrow. “Why do people always take pictures of themselves in the bathroom? Why do most Japanese and Chinese people look the same? What’s the difference between their culture and language? Why can’t people just save the panda bears? Why am I so sexy? Why did McDonald’s give me bad food? Why does Ronald McDonald look like a pedophile disguised as a clown? Huh Gerard? Can you answer any of those questions? These are the questions that keep me awake at night.”

Silently cursing himself that he even asked what was bothering Frank, Gerard gritted his teeth. Why did he even let Frank in his bed? “Frank, I love you and everything, but can we please go to sleep now? I promise I’ll do my best and try to answer your one million questions tomorrow. Okay babe?”

“Okay,” Frank replied. I’m getting pretty tired myself,” he said before letting out a loud yawn.

Smiling, Gerard rolled over and wrapped one arm around Frank’s small waist. He would finally get the peace and quiet he had longed for. Soon though, much to his dismay and discomfort, Gerard heard Frank muttering to himself. “What is it now Frankie Pankie?”

“You’re taking up all the blanket Gee! I’m so cold.”

“Frank! That’s not even fair. This is my bunk last time I checked. Not to mention, we always normally share a blanket anyway.”

Frank nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders. “Well you’re still hogging up all the blanket. Maybe you should just buy your own blanket instead,” Frank suggested.

“You know what Frank,” Gerard said while finally giving up. “I think I’ll just buy my own separate blanket tomorrow. I think that would make things easier for us.”

“Mmm,” Frank mumbled out in a sleepy tone. “You do that Gee. Night, love you,” he said before tugging off all the remaining blanket off of Gerard. He soon began softly snoring.

Knowing that he could never get mad at Frank, Gerard smiled and placed a small kiss on Frank’s forehead. Gerard slowly climbed over Frank and safely made his way out of the small bunk. Deciding that he probably wouldn’t be getting any sleep that night, Gerard slowly trudged into the kitchen. It was the start of a very long day for Gerard Way.

-------

Frank Iero walked into the small kitchen yawning. He stretched his limbs out before plopping down on the couch with Bob. “Where’s everybody at?” He asked.

“Mikey and Ray are in the studio back there,” Bob said before pointing his index finger at the back of the bus. “And Gerard went somewhere earlier this morning. He should be back any minute by now.”

Before Frank could even open his mouth to say anything, the door on their tour bus swung open. Gerard came in and walked up to Frank and Bob. He was carrying a large black bag in his right hand.

“Hey guys,” he said brightly.

“What’s in the bag Gee?” Frank asked while jumping off the couch and moving closer to the bag, as if he was going to examine it.

“Ah, I’m glad you asked dear Frankie boy.”

“Urm,” Bob interrupted while going red in the face. “I’m just going to go in the back to see what the rest of the guys are doing,” he finished awkwardly. He got up and headed in the back while mumbling about how he didn’t want to see any of Frank’s and Gerard’s freaky sex stuff.

Gerard shrugged his shoulders. “Ah, Bob’s just being his usual antisocial self. Anyway, back to the secret content of the bag.”

Frank happily clapped his hands and jumped around. “Yay!”

Gerard laughed. He reached into the dark bag and pulled out a box with big words written all over it. “A Snuggie!” He exclaimed proudly.

“Oooh!” Frank said. “I’m so glad you bought it for me. I’ve always saw them on TV and wonder what they would be like. I get to look like a monk now!” He finished off with a huge smiled and then he hugged Gerard before grabbing the Snuggie and running off with it.

Gerard was left in the kitchen by himself feeling quite dumbfounded. He had actually bought the Snuggie for himself. Not feeling like crashing Frank’s world, Gerard silently laughed. He would let Frank have the Snuggie and whatever else he wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm. I haven't written a My Chemical Romance fic in awhile. I actually really liked this though. I hope you do too! :)