These Jeans Are Too Tight

Bias

Trips to the hospital has almost become a regular thing for me. I don't go as often as everyday, more of once every two months when I just can't take the beatings. The teasing started when I was about ten years old. During my forth grade English class, the boys in my group were talking about crushes they had, and were rating the girls in the room on their hotness. I didn't know that they were just rating girls, me being gay I went and rated a guy. All the boys laughed at me and that's where the teasing and bashing for my sexuality began.

Ever since I got to high school I've been singled out from all the rest. Apparently, I'm the only gay boy at school, which makes me the prime target to aim all your homophobia at. I've been cursed out on a daily basis, shoved against lockers, had my lunch pour on me a couple of times. All in all my life at school sucks and every day I can't wait to get home. To my misfortune, I chose to take the wrong route home leading me to where I am now. Laying in a hospital bed.

My mom was outside my room crying her eyes out to the police officer questioning if he saw who did this to me. The man kept shaking his head and countlessly asked my mom to calm down. Finally she was silenced by her tears and sat down next to the officer. They exchanged words and with a smile of reassurance the officer left my mom, and she walked in to the room. She sat down next to me and place her hand on top of mine.

"Are you alright honey?" She asked in a low voice. I nodded slightly, cringing from the pain in my lower stomach. "Who did this to you?" I opened my mouth to speak, but just ended up coughing which made my throat burn. My mom reached for a bottle of water and handed it to me. I took a few sips and the water calmed my burning throat.

"Some guys... I don't know who they are." And I really didn't. They just saw me and knew what I was. Then they beat me for it.

"Why did they beat you?" I huffed shaking my head.

"You know why." My mom's hand gripped mine tighter. She sighed heavily shaking her head.

"I've been thinking. Maybe it's time for us to leave Burlington and maybe moved to some place you could start fresh. Like Seacacus." I felt my face light up with excitement. A fresh start. That's exactly what I need. That and to get as far away from here as humanly possible.

"Yeah, I'd like that."

-X-

The hospital released me after a couple of days. My body still felt soar, and I still had a couple of bruises lingering around my sides and upper legs. Today I was going to get my transcript from school so that my mom and I could leave this Wednesday. Shes told me that shes been thinking about this move for a while and bought the house about a week and a half ago. I can't begin to think of how relieved I am that we're moving. I'm so sick of being hated for who I am.

When my mom and I arrived at the school she walked into the office and spoke with one of the secretaries and I waited outside of the office. No one spoke to me as they passed by in the hallways. No one ever does. I think it's pretty safe to say that everyone in this school hates me, just because I'm gay.

"Dude, did you hear about Katie and Rachel?" I tuned in to a specific conversation referring to the two most popular girls in the eleventh grade.

"No what happened?"

"They totally hooked up last night at Dane's party! I mean damn! Talk about girls gone while huh?" The boys all laughed and pounded fists.

"Totally. There's nothing hotter than a couple of lesbians just having fun at a party."

"Yeahhh!" They all chanted in unison. I shook my head feeling frustrated. This school is such a mess. Let me get this straight. You'll except lesbians, but not gay guys? Is that always the case? Because it sure seems so. Why am I getting thrashed for my sexuality while these girls are getting praised for their wild partying and "hot" displays of affection. It's not fucking fair! The girls have it so easy, and I'm stuck walking these halls alone shunned by everyone and getting beatings on a regular basis.

It makes me sick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment&Subscribe <3