These Jeans Are Too Tight

Hello

I set down the last box on my bed and sat down on the floor. I glanced around my new room. The walls were painted a light green and the carpet was a creamy color. There were two windows, and one had a little place for me to sit at. I sighed standing up and opening the box I set down on my bed. I pulled out an old photo album of me and my mom, then sat down next to the box.

I opened to the first page and rested my hand on the picture of me and my mom at my aunt Cathy's wedding. She got married about two years ago on a beach. It was a really nice wedding. I got to see all of my family, and they were happy to see me. They were all so nice to me. They accepted me for who I was. Unlike the kids at my old school.

"Hey." I looked up from the album to see my mom standing in the door way. "Can I come in?" I nodded moving my box to the floor. My mom walked in and sat down next to me. "So, I called the high school nearby and they told me to stop by tomorrow to register you." I nodded looking down at my hands.

"Ok." My mom smiled at me reassuringly and patted my shoulder.

"Don't worry Brandon. You'll get a fresh start here." She kissed my cheek then got up and left my room. I sighed leaning back and starred up at the ceiling. Yeah. A fresh start.

-X-

My mom drove up along the curb and parked in a 15 minute limit space. We stepped out of the car and I looked around the parking lot. Kids greeted each other smiling at one another. I followed my mom up the main steps and inside of the school. We made our way to the office and my mom went inside and I sat down outside the office on a bench.

It looked like rush hour in the hallway. Everyone hurried to get to where they had to be, then there were your occasional strollers who made traffic somewhat worse with their paces. A boy with pitch black hair , and skin tight jeans with a black hoodie walked down the hallway with his head down. Some larger boys, jocks maybe, purposely bumped into him knocking him to the floor.

"Fagot." I starred at the boy wide eyed shaking my head. These homophobic ass holes are everywhere.There goes my fresh start.. I got up from the bench and hurried to the kid's side and grabbed his arm. He hesitated looking up at me in confusion, then let me help him up.

"Thanks." He said in a low voice. I nodded holding out my hand.

"I'm Brandon." The boy stared at my hand for a moment, then slowly took it in his.

"I'm Zack." I half smiled nodding. Zack looked me up and down then raised an eyebrow in suspicion. "I've never see you here before. Are you new?" I nodded pointing to the office.

"Yeah I'm getting registered now.. although after watching what just happened to you I'm not sure I wanna be at this school anymore." Zack shrugged shaking his head.

"They're only like that with me because I'm gay." I bit my lower lip looking back at the office where my mom was.

"I know, I overheard what they said to you... I'm gay too." Zack starred at me with a blank expression on his face. His eyes scanned my thin frame and he sighed.

"Good luck getting a welcome from anyone here." Then he turned and walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe