Status: New story, keep or delete?

Whispers At Night.

ten;

I’ve missed you too, Jessy-bear.” I whisper gently into her ear and place a small kiss just to the right., behind her ear, as she I straighten myself up again and turn to Josef, smiling slightly and the grin plastered on his face. He leans towards me and mumbles under his breath.

“I told you it’d be alright.” I roll my eyes at him and nudge him with my elbow, causing him to reach out a hand and push my shoulder.

Ahead of me, I see Jess skipping into the living room after untangling herself from my grasp, and I smile stupidly to myself, slowing down, letting Josef overtake me in the process. I didn’t realise how happy she could be, and how simple it is to make her happy. Most of all, I didn’t realise how I was the main cause of the ‘depression’ Jane had mentioned in her email to me. Thinking about it now kills me, it just kills me. All those years back, when we were happy, I never would have predicted that I cause her this much pain; this much hurt. I never though myself capable of that. I guess I was wrong - really wrong.

Jess pokes her head back around the doorframe and stares at me, “Hurry up, slowpoke. You’ll miss all the fun.” She exclaims, a huge grin on her face, and I can’t help but roll my eyes, a smile spreading its way across my face as I move my feet faster to reach her. Her head disappears back around the corner and I follow the direction it moves too, entering the living room. I smile at the people in the room and sit myself down between Jess and Josef, opposite Mark, who grins at me stupidly, making himself go cross-eyed in the process. I laugh lightly, flicking my eyes over to Jess as she rolls her eyes and throws a cushion at him, telling him to ‘stop being so immature’. I move my gaze to Josef, just to see him talking to Pete about god-knows-what, and I can’t help but smile again. Jess nudges me and rests her head on my shoulder. “What’s all the smiling about, Ivy?” She mumbles, moving her eyes up to mine, but keeping her head perfectly still on my shoulder. I shrug lightly.

“Just happy.” I smile at her again, wider this time, and she smiles in return, closing her eyes and moving the hand nearest me to reach across my body and grip my own hand firmly. “Just happy.” I mumble again, quieter this time. I feel her smile against my shoulder and I move my free arm to wrap around her shoulders, pulling her closer to me unintentionally.

“You two are so adorable.” I hear Jane coo from across the room and I turn my head to smile shyly at her, which she beams happily in return too. “I’m glad you’re here, Ivan.” I nod my head.

“I’m glad I’m here too.” I reply, causing her to smile wider as she rests her hand on Pete’s knee, turning her head upwards to smile at him also as he talks to Josef.

I smile inwardly at the smiles that adorn the faces of the people around me and I rest my head on the back of the three-seater couch, closing my eyes and rubbing Jess’ arm lightly.

*

“Josef!” I hear Jess whine and I turn my head to look at them. “Why won’t you play with me?” She pouts and I roll my eyes at her.

“Leave the poor boy alone, Jessy.” I mumble, still staring at them both. Josef shoots me an appreciative glance and Jess glares at me.

“I’m trying to get to know him!” She complains and I sigh lightly.

“Attacking him with your pillow isn’t ‘getting to know him’, Jessy. Try sitting down with him and just asking him questions.” I smile, and an after thought quickly. “Polite questions though.” She groans and throws the pillow at me instead.

“You ruin all the fun.” She mumbles under her breath and I giggle lightly, causing Josef to look at me, one eyebrow raised. I poke my tongue out at him, he rolls his eyes and I move my head so that it’s back on the pillow as I lay on Jess’ bed and I close my eyes again, letting my mind go blank as I drink off into a light slumber, a smile still etched on my face.

*

I groan quietly as I feel a weight lay down on the bed next to me and I roll over to find out what caused it, coming face to face with a tired looking Jess. “Hey.” She whispers, her eyes looking into mine.

“Hi.” I whisper just as quietly, causing the corners of her mouth to upturn the tiniest of amounts. “You want the bed?” She shakes her head at me, wriggling herself closer to me and grabbing my left hand with hers.

“The bed’s big enough for two.” She barely mumbles as her eyes flutter shut. I laugh under my breath lightly and put my free hand on her waist, pulling her closer to my chest to keep her warm.

“Whatever you say, Jessy.” I mumble next to her ear, kissing the top of it gently before closing my eyes again and laying my head back down on the pillow next to hers. “Whatever you say.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back?
I don't really know what to say about this.
It's not that great, but it's been over two weeks since I last updated, and I felt I needed to write this.
Is it worth it? :/

Also, I wanted to say hi (and thanks) to the new readers and subscribers that I saw creep up after last chapter. :3
Comments, anyone?
I'll try to get another chapter up soon, as it's half term now. :D

Love you guuuuuuys. c: