Status: Slowly being updated

I Promise That I Will See You Again

Going back home

“Hey, Cory I need your help on something really quick.” I asked him as I sat on the love couch in the living room.

“Yeah, what about it, Hun?” He asked as he took a seat across from me on the other couch.

“well mom called me yesterday and left a message asking for me to go visit her back home, but I am not sure, I mean I do not want to make Riley uncomfortable around all them, you know how he gets around people he doesn't know.”

“I’m sure that Riley will be fine while you are with him, Amber, besides it would be wonderful for him to meet his grandma, but have you told his dad yet?”

“ No I have not talk to him since I moved to Chicago, they have been so busy with the band I guess we all just lost contact besides he probably doesn’t want Riley anyway. And I do not want to mess up his career and dreams up just because I got pregnant with riley, so I did not tell him, heck I did not even know I was pregnant till I came to Chicago.”

“How do you know that? Maybe Andy does want to be a part of Riley life, so go ahead and visit at least to see your mom I am pretty sure she misses you and want to see Riley. “

“Yeah I guess your right Cory,” I looked at the clock that nearby to see that I had a hour before I had to be at work,” oh crap, I got to had to work, thanks again Cory for the talk.”

I said as I rush out the door to hear him yell a welcome as I walked down the hall as I walked out the apartment complex and into the Chicago air. It was not long before I was at work I clocked in for my shift and was off helping my patients relax since that what I have been going to school for was to become a massage therapist. Work was pretty slow for the most part but once I was off work I headed to my manger office to talk to her about taking the rest of the week off to go to LA to visit my mom. She agrees to letting ,e take the rest of the week off, I thanked her and head to get Riley from Cory’s house since Cory picked him up after school. I knocked on the door and thanked Cory for watching Riley for me again; I took riley back into our room to tell him the news.

“Riley how would you like to meet some of my friends and your grandparents from LA?” I asked him.

“You means that really big with the pretty light in your room right?” He questioned

“Yep, that is La sweetheart where I was born and raised, so would you like to go visit that petty city tomorrow?”

“Ok I want to go” he said smiling at me, and looks at me with his grey eyes.

“Ok then well I am going to get the tickets online and then I can help you pack, ok?”

“Ok mommy” he said as he turned to go to his room, as I got on my laptop to get the tickets for tomorrow.

I smiled as I found the tickets that were going to take us from Chicago to LA so that Riley can finally meet everyone back home. I turned the laptop off and went to Riley room to help him start packing for tomorrow. After everything was done and packed up we decided to head to bed to get some sleep for tomorrow.

Today was the day that we were leaving to go to LA, I took Riley over to Cory’s apartment so that he can say good bye. I called my mom to tell her that we were coming to visit her and when we were going to land in LA so that she could pick us up from the airport. We had a few hours before we had to get to the airport so Cory decided to go to Tim Horton’s for some breakfast. Before we knew it, it was time to head to the airport to go back home where Riley was conceived and the place where I found my first love. It was a long plane ride but it was soon over as we were greeted by the fresh LA air, it was something I missed. I took Riley by the hand as we got our bag from the claim area and was off to find my mom in this big airport. I did not see her so I choose to call her cell to see where she was and once she picked up the phone we start talking so that we could find one another. And once we did, we hug and Riley just held on to me hand not wanting to let go, I bent down to his height.

“Riley this is my mom, Michelle, and your grandma,” I said as I looked up at my mom and back at Riley as he nodded his head. He smiled at his grandma as he slowly let go of my hand and went to hug mom for the first time since he was born. My mom smile could not get any bigger when Riley hugged her she was so happy to finally have her first grand son.

“Well come on sweetheart let’s get the bags to the car so that we can head home, your dad waiting for us along with some other people that have missed you since you went off to Chicago.” Mom told us as she held Riley hand so that I could grab the bag and we headed out to the parking lot to put the bag up. After everything was packed I put Riley in his seat and buckled him up as I sat in the front with my mom, so that we could talk on the car ride home.

“So how old is Riley now, sweetheart?” she asked as she drove looking at the road ahead of her.

“Riley is three going on four in May, so how has everyone been since I left?” I asked as I turn around to make sure that riley was ok, only to see him staring out the window to see the big buildings.

“Everyone has been doing real well; your sister just got a promoting not too long ago at her company that she works for.” She said smiling as she drove.

“That good to know that Sis is doing well at her job.” I said as I looked out the window to see the city that I have been away from for the pass four year now.

“So sweetheart, have you told Andy about Riley, yet?” Mom asked as she looked at me for a quick second before gluing her eye back to the road.

“Um... no ma’am I have not I have not talked to Andy since I left LA.” I said as I start to play with my thumbs, I guess you can say its a nervous habit.

“Well you are going to tell him soon right” She questioned me as we pulled up into the drive way of the house I was raised in since I was a little baby.

“Yes ma’am” I said as I got out the car to get Riley out his seat, I was surprise that Riley was up still that was a kind of long car ride. I helped him out the car, so that we could follow mom into the house to meet dad. Mom opened the door to revile a dark room until she turns the lights on.

“SURPRISE!!!!!!”

I looked around to see everyone including my friends and family who I have not seen in some time. I smiled at them all until Riley squeezed my hand tightly telling me that he was uncomfortable with all these eye looking at us, I looked down at him as he looked up at me. I bent down to pick him up, as I did that Riley buried his face into my neck shying away from every face in the room. I walked up to my dad first to see him smiling toward me happy that I am home, again. Dad greeted me with a hug; I tapped Riley on his back making him turn toward me as I introduced him to his grandpa. Riley looked over at my dad and smiled and looked around to see all the face in the room again then quickly hide his face from the crowd again. My dad chuckled at Riley reaction to big crowds I greeted everyone that was there, I was talking to one my friends until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Matt, one of my close friends, who I met through Ashley and Andy. I smiled at him as he gave me a light hug since I was still carrying Riley in my arms. A few hours has passed and it was time for everyone to leave since my parent thought that Riley and I was tried, and it was not till she said that, that I notice she was right. She told me to go upstairs to put Riley in the bed. I carefully walked up the steps so that I did not wake Riley up from his slumber and change him into his CPIs' so that he could sleep more comfortable. Once he was under the covers I turned to head into the bathroom to take a quick shower and walk down the steps to tell my parent goodnight and hopped in my room that was next to Riley’s room.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please