Status: Completed.

Looking

seven twenty four.

The feet of a troubled teen interrupted the soft warm grains of sand. The girl pushed her brown hair away from her eyes, and sighed. The blue water of the waves lapped at her feet, shells surrounded around her skin. Gulls overhead cried out for food, searching for pray.

Standing under the fishing dock, Darcy looked out to the water. The sky was darkening after its sunset, but the day was far from over.

Closing her eyes, the salt of the water sprinkled across her exposed skin. Goosebumps arose across the surface of her skin, creating a shiver through out her bones.

Darcy took her phone out of her pocket. Her jeans were rolled numerous times, water still creating spots across the denim. Clutching the device in her hands, her mind resisted the urge to chuck the phone.

Sighing, she slipped the device back into her pocket and continued walking.

Ever since the previous night, Jacob Emerson’s party, Darcy couldn’t keep her eyes shut for more than a minute. The image of the bodies crashing together, flesh on flesh, kept haunting her mind. His lips on hers, her hands in his hair, his hands on her hips, just everything haunted her.

Stopping at a mount of rocks, she picked up multiple pebbles, and slowly threw one after another. Each rock resembled one of her problems, only she wished that it could actually happen. She wanted the memory of the previous night to fade, the fight with her best friend to never have happened, and the relationship she was last in to be long gone.

After fleeing the party, her phone exploded with her ringtone announcing Mike, and after that she had to turn it off. She knew he would come looking for her, with some excuse. She knew if he found her, she would believe him, she always did.

His eyes made her melt; his touch caused her tremble, his voice made her squirm. She was head over heels in love with him, and he screwed her over.

It wasn’t the first time, but her heart let her forget the past times. Mike Norton was one boy Darcy could always forgive.

But this time, he didn’t come looking for her.

Then there was Steven Brooks. They had been best friends for years, always there for one another. She was always there for him, and him for her. She backed him up when he wanted to start a band, and he was there to threaten every new boyfriend to not hurt her. When she started dating Mike though, he began to grow distant, and then all together stopped coming around.

She began feeling sad and missed the boy dearly. And that’s when she learned of his new emotions towards her, except she had a feeling they weren’t new. She knew he was always more touchy than other boys, but never pushed it. She enjoyed his attention, but she pushed aside when Mike was around. But now, she was free and couldn’t ignore how she felt about the best friend.

He was always one to forgive her, all she had to do was ask. He would wrap her up in his arms, his cologne would rub off onto her clothes, and all would be good once more. They would laugh about old memories, and nothing would seemed to have changed.

But Darcy wanted change. She knew how she felt about him, but now she knew she couldn’t act on them. It had been a year, he probably moved onto someone better, prettier, someone who wouldn’t ditch him.

She sighed again and headed back down the shoreline. Her car was parked at least three miles down from where she stood. The lights from the boardwalk reflected off the water, she could smell the scent of food. A lingering feeling overcame her, she could sense she was hungry, but couldn’t eat.

She reached her car and her breath caught in her throat. Her best friend, Steven stood at her car. When he looked up, he reached out to her and grabbed her hands.

“I’ve been looking for you.”

“You found me.”

He leaned down and pushed his lips to hers in the softest of manors. She smiled and pushed the hair away from his eyes.

“I’m so glad you found me.”

“I’ll always come looking for you Darcy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, first one shot.
What do you think?