Status: Active

I'm Only Going to Break Your Heart

Chapter 17

"Fuck," Cody whined as I applied a small amount of pressure to his nose to help stop the bleeding.

Paul really does have a killer left hook, " Stop whining you baby." I said teasing him.

Once his nose finally stop bleeding and made sure that his nose wasn't broken, we return to the living room to kill some time while the rest of the gang got back from their drama group project. In the mean time Cody and I decided to just watch Friends With Benefits so far it was going great and the movie was funny.

"Thanks Dawn," I turned my head looking at him with a confused look on my face, "you know. For helping me out instead of going to calm Paul down, I know it was a hard choice."

My heart squeezed as I remembered the moment that I did ignore Paul just to help Cody out, but I couldn't leave Cody. The more I thought about the more I felt guilty about the subject having to choice between the two but truth be told I don't even want to think about this whole situation.

I could feel his eyes trained on me as I just shake my head letting him know that I did not want to talk about this topic right now, hoping he will take the hint. When I saw that he turn his head back toward the movie, I mentally let out a sigh of relief as I put my attention back on to the movie. But it was kind of difficult to truly pay attention now with the issue playing in my head, it wasn't until I realized that maybe if Cody meet another girl to help him forget about me. I starting thinking about all the different girl who I could try to hook him up with except the only problem was that all the girl I knew was either taken or they liked someone else. I want Cody to be happy and he wouldn't me happy with me, so I guess I'll just have to make new girl friends that could help me out with Cody.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stepping out of the car while swing my backpack across my back and closing the driver car door with my hip as I allowed my eyes to search for either a pretty decent look girl or those warm brown eyes that I have grown to love. It didn't seem like I was going to get either of those wishes until I heard Jake call me over to his little car where the rest of the gang was standing waiting for me.

"Hey guys, have you seen Paul around here?" I asked trying my best to stand on my tippy toes to try to search around the student parking lot.

"Nope sorry, Dawn." Seth said giving my a small smile.

Shrugging away my disappointment , I started to engage myself in the conversation we had as we made our way to the steps of the school before the bell.

"After we are done, you should come check out our drama project," Nick mentioned with a smirk across his face nodding his head toward me.

Just as I was about to give him a responds, I ran into another person making me fall flat on my back. I quickly gathered myself before I got up to help the other person with their items that I happen to knock over when I knock them over. Once I was able to gather most of the mystery person items, I turn to look at the young girl in front of me. A smile reached my face as I gazed upon the angel that God sent my way just to help with my Cody problem, or so I hoped.

"Here you go. I'm Dawn," I informed the young red head as I handed her item to her.

"Thanks hun. The names Samantha, your one of the new students that we got not to long ago right?" Samantha asked as her voice was laced with a relaxed southern accent.

"Yeah actually I am, the other group of new people are mostly friends from back home," I let out a chuckle as I notice that this school has a gained a lot of new faces over the passed couple of weeks, "So what class are you?"

"Senior,"

Just before I could comment or even as a question the tardy bell rang which forced a groan to break loose and in return Samantha chuckles at me before letting me know that she was going to head to her class. Since I was already let I didn't think it was important to rush to class like Samantha instead I rook my slow and precious time walking to my class. Walking passed the stair well I was pulled by my waist against the wall with a pair of warm brown eyes staring into mine.

My heart rate seem to spike up as it hammered against my rib cage as if it was trying to break loose. Taking slow and deep breaths trying to clam the beast inside of me before I confronted the idiot for scaring the shit out of men.

"Sorry, but I need to talk to you," Paul began to run his hands down my cheeks tracing my jaw line.

Paul's touch was enough to make me weak in the knees and to even create my heart to pump a new rhythm. Nodding my head as him signaling for him to talk about whatever it was. It wasn't like I had to go to class, it's no point i'm already late anyway then I notice that we both have class.

"Wait what are you doing not in class?" I question as I placed my hand on my right hip giving Paul a stern look wanting to know why he wasn't in class.

"I could ask you the same thing," Paul responded letting one of his eyebrows to raise as he gave me the same look, "that's not what I want to talk to you about."

He let out a uneasy breathe as he took a step back before running a hand down his handsome face.

"I'm sorry. I attack that ..... guy friend of yours yesterday, its just that I don't want any other guy look at you the way he was. Like your a piece of meat, I respect you to much for that to happen. In fact I want to make it up to you, let me make dinner for us later tonight, please."

"I don't think I am the one that you should be apologizing to Paul, I'm not the one you punched."

As quickly as I said it I could feel myself regretting the words that rushed their way out of my mouth before I could think about it. Slapping my hand over my mouth hoping that he couldn't notice the words that were released, but who was I kidding Paul hears everything. In this moment I felt worst than when I did yesterday, here he was asking for forgiveness from me and all I could think about was Cody. Within that second I could hear Paul's breathing pattern change along with his body language.

His breathing was uneven, short and his body was shaking similar to the way it was yesterday, my eyes locked up into Paul's fiery chocolate eyes that were burning with rage. Everything inside drop at that moment knowing that I was the reason for him to be angry, heck I would be too. I could feel Paul's grip tighten slightly on my hip to were it was uncomfortable but not painful.

"When the time comes, I will, but right now I want to focus on you. Your my main concern not him, I want to know that their is nothing holding us back from going forward," He mumbled as he buried his head into my neck as I felt his body clam down.

Nodding my head, I accepted Paul's offer, Paul's smile could be felt on my skin before he playfully nipped at my collar bone causing me to giggle. He pulled away from my neck area and turn his attention to my lips as it turn into a heated make out session. Thankfully the bell rung breaking us apart from one another, as breathing seem to be in a heavy harmony as we panted from our actions.

Paul place his forehead on top of mine before pecking he once then walking away to go to his second class. Leaving me behind to shake my head at the hot headed boy as I gathered myself together before I too, went to my next class.

The whole entire day I was feeling a little antsy about having time alone with Paul that it seem like everything around me was going by slower just to tease me even more. It was like an entire lifetime for school to end then I rushed to my car as so that I could prepare myself for the dinner date. I know it may seem like I'm doing the most right now, but you can't tell me you wouldn't either if the hottest guy just asked you to a romantic dinner.

Searching through my closet I could not find a decent dinner date outfit, downstairs I could hear the front door open following step coming up the stairs. I turn my head towards my door as I look to see who the person was to see that it was just Cody's smiling face.

He took everything of the scene in front of him in, the clothes scattered all over the room and me standing in the middle of the mess looking lost and confused. "Is there a reason for you rush like flash to get back here to fast?" he questioned jokingly as he let out his own chuckle.

Playfully glaring at him before sticking my tongue out at his comment and informed him about the date I was having with Paul. As the words came out I could see his face twist in disgust and hatred towards this situation.

"Cody, I know you and Paul aren't on good terms right now, but you have to understand that I really like Paul and he was just being over protect of me that's just how he is. You should know that he treats me with the upmost respect and he even said that he was going to make it up to for punching you."

He let out an angry sigh before nodding his head in understanding.

The corner of my mouth raise just a bit as I saw that my friend was trying to understand the point I was trying to get at. I place a small kiss on his cheek before grabbing my keys to my car.

"Where are you going?

"To the mall to look for something to wear. Hey are the rest of the guys over Jake's house again?"

"yep."

"I believe we are being replace Cody, I hardly see those guys anymore," I laughed before waving bye to Cody as I took my journey to the mall.

Store after store I was on a mission to find the perfect outfit for tonight dinner date and so far I could not find a single thing and to make matters worst I couldn't call any of my female friends because I didn't want to disturb Emily since she was going to be with Sam and I knew the rest of the girls were studying for that math test we have tomorrow. Which I should be studying for too, but I wasn't worried since I learn it at my old school.

Hanging my head in defeat as I thought about all the stores I had recently visited, all except one. Forever 21. Walking into the store I could feel my hopes being lifted as I already saw potential outfits as soon as I walked in. Looking around from rack to rack, until I found it.

The dress was a nice white color with formal lace over the simple fabric. Placing the dress against my body it reached just to my knees with a cute black waist ribbon belt that tied in the back. At the beck of the dress was a deep v cut out that reach just to my lower back, and my face just grew at the thought of wearing this dress in front of Paul. Without wasting much time I brought the dress and headed home to get ready for the date.

When I step into the house I was greeted by Cody looking at me from the kitchen with a slice of pizza in his hand as he notice my presence. He step closer to me with a sadden look which make me turn my head in confusion.

"I'm sorry Dawn, I know you were looking forward to your date with Paul but he cancelled,"

I knew my face was flooded with sadness and hurt, "When? Did he say why he cancelled?" my voice was weak and on the peak of cracking as I blinked away the tears that were daring to fall.

"He came over not to long ago, but he didn't say why. But look at it this way you still have me, and we can just relax and watch movies." I know he was trying to cheer and it was working for the most part as I nodded my head, and saw it as a way to forget about my hurt.

The night was fun and exciting, Cody and I were watching romantic comedies to stand up comedies, and it was enough for me to forget about the dinner date for a moment until I started to get curious. I look over from the movie to see that Cody was sleep, which only ignited the fire for me to go through with my plan.

Carefully sneaking around the couch to the front door as I slipped on my shoes and grabbing my leather jacket that held my car keys inside the pocket as I slowly open the door. Once I was finally outside I started my car to head towards Paul's house to see why he cancelled our dinner date when he seem so determine to have this date.

I know I should just trust him, but I at least want an explanation now because if I wait still tomorrow I really wont be able to sleep thinking about the Ifs that were running thru my mind.

Finally I made it to Paul's house only to see that Paul was inside his home having dinner, not looking busy or anything. It wasn't until I notice that his dinner was homemade, and my heart swelled, that's when I saw that he was sitting at the dinner table with a blonde female. And that's when my swollen heart busted like a balloon who meet mr. needle. The couple seem to be eat and were quiet comfortable with each other laughing as the blond lightly touch Paul as they both laughed at something. It was then that I notice that Paul not only cancelled on me but was having a dinner date with someone else instead of me.

Having enough of the scene before me I drove off not wanting to feel the ripping pain that was forming in my chest as I saw how happy he seemed to be talking with the blonde lady. My breath was becoming uneven, and my eyes watered. My knuckle seem to turn white as I grip the steering wheel tighter in my grasp as I made my way back home.

When I got home there was Cody rubbing the sleep out of my eyes as he saw me from the couch thru the archway of the living room. Once he saw my face he rushed over to me almost tripping over his blanket in order to get to my shaken form.

"What's wrong? Where did you go?" his voice filled with worry and concerned as he took me in.

"He can... cancelled... cause.. cause.. h-h-he was having dinner with s-some bitch," I explained as I broken falling into his open arms.

After an hour of Cody rubbing my back and whispering wonderful things in my ears I could feel my body relaxing but the pain was still present.

"I wish I could just forget about all of this," I confessed as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I got just the thing for you," he got up to go upstairs to return with a bottle filled with an auburn liquid.

Placing it on the table before retreating to the kitchen to return with two glass as he poured the substance into each glass. Handing me one as he took the other as we just began to drink our pains and sorrow away. The bottle was just about gone when I could feel my mind becoming cloudy and a slight buzz feeling was on the back of my head. Without my consent I could feel my body gravitate towards Cody's body, it was like I no longer had control of my body. My hands start to roam his body as my mouth captured his in a kiss which we returned as well. Soon I could feel the heat between us and as much as I wanted to stop my body didn't want to and neither did I. I just wanted to be comforted from this pain. And Cody could give me that.

I know it was wrong, but it was not like there were going to be feelings attached. His hands start to roam underneath my shirt itching their way towards my bra as he cup my breast causing my to moan. That was all it took of him to know that I wanted this as much as he did, as I reached to pull the shirt from off of him breaking the kiss. As soon as we broke it we were back at him becoming hungrier for one another as we continue to roam one another's body.

The air was thick with lust and desire, this wasn't what I would except when I thought about Cody but right now I could careless. My body was in control and it was determine to fulfill this desire that was building inside of me.

Cody pulled me on top of his lap letting me wrap my legs around his waist as he walk us into my bedroom. Where we retired for the night.

~~~~~~Rewind to after School~~~~

Cody's POV

Walking into the door I went upstairs to see if Dawn was in her room. When I saw her, she was standing in the middle of her room surrounded by scattered clothes as if the a storm came to distrust her room.

As she was explaining to me about that fucking Paul I could feel my blood start to boil. That guy can really piss me off and knowing that he was trying to get with Dawn was even more frustrating. All I know it that I will do anything to keep Dawn away from that hot headed loser.

While she was gone to go shopping for her precious date, I notice that there was a light peeking though one of the shirts that was laying across the bed. Moving her shirt to find her cell phone, which just had a recent text message from Paul.

I unlocked her phone knowing that she did not have any type of password or code to get into the phone to delete the message. Before slipping the device in my pocket and for ever message and call was returned with a delete or ignore.

Knock! Knock!

Getting up slowly to crack a few joints as I walk to answer the door to find out who was behind it. Only to find the guy that I hated with a passion.

"Hey, is Dawn here?" Paul said as he stood as he full height hovering over me, trying to intimidate.

"Nope she had to stepped out for something," I told him while leaning against the door frame.

"Well can you just tell her to come by at about eight since she not answering her phone," he said before rubbing the back of his neck," Hey, bro. I know we don't see eye to eye but I just want to apologize for punching you yesterday."

I nodded my head saying that I accept his apology before he turned around walking to his car, heading off. I just smiled as I thought about the plans that were forming in my mind. Now all it takes is for Dawn to some home and for Paul to just be the little devil he is.

Once I broke the news about Paul 'cancelling' their date she was broken, but I knew that I could fix that all the same. Placing her in my arms as I let her cry into my chest until she was calm enough before suggest something else to take her mind off that loser.

Our night of fun was a night to remember but I know that hopefully later will be even better. Watching the movies I could tell that something was on her mind and if I was right everything would fall into my plan to get Dawn to fall for me instead of that Paul. Because soon she will be laying with me instead of worrying about other things.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who commented:
Shasha207
nyelabec1
leolion1234
JustThinking
xXLostXSoulXLoverXx

I tried to play with all the thought of what you guys suggested and we will see how things play out because as of right now, I'm writing as I go. lol

Will Dawn be able to get Samantha to become friends with Cody? How will Paul react when he find out that Cody lied and Dawn no longer trust him? Or how will Cody and Dawn relationship play out after their night?