Status: Active :]

This Table Has Taken A Turn For The Worst

Lies Are In Everybody's Eyes.

[Present time]
My phone rang suddenly and cleared my thoughts. The caller ID said it was Mike. What a surprise. Ignoring the call, I got up to get some cereal, already hungry even though lunch was only a half-hour ago. The phone can ring all it wants, I'm not going to pick it up.
Noone was in the house (they all decided to go out, told them I wasn't interested) and that made the kitchen creepy quiet. From the other room, the phone rang once more, and then the "ding!" that tells me I had a text. Probably from Mike. I'll get back to him later.

Alarm went off at 5:03AM. Unplugged it. Went back to sleep. Slept until I got a call from Andy about whether or not I got him an application or not. Woke up. Had breakfast, rest of family was sleeping. Went outside to let the dog run around a bit. Watched, then decided to check my messages.
Basically, it was just the same stuff from some friends asking what I wanted to do last night. Haha, I guess it's a bit late to respond...hmm...I'll talk to them later. Might just crash and watch movies like I did yesterday. But first...
"C'mere Sammy! Come on, let's go in!" My dog looked over to me and came running. I held the door open for him and made my way to my room. Now seemed like a good time to clean out my room. Mike was right; it was time to move on.
I had only a few things for our short time together, like pictures and such, but I still didn't want them around. It was depressing to look at them, and I just wanted to try to forget about her. There was the picture Mike had seen still lying on my floor, and then a few hidden away. I had a blanket she had left here after she surprised me with a picnic one day, a sweatshirt she had always left lying around "just incase it got cold over here", and a little stuffed bear that she got me for our first month. I had to return her items eventually, and I didn't have the heart to get rid of the bear. It didn't really feel like I had a heart at all.
Without studying the pictures, I took them all with the bear and other items and walked out of my room downstairs to the kitchen. The pictures went straight into the garbage (I thought burning an ex's stuff was so cliche) and shoved the rest of Liz's stuff in a plastic bag to return to her. I'd drop by her house later today and return it to her mom or dad or whoever was home. I just didn't want them in my house; after having that picture resurface, I couldn't bear the thought of any other memories sneaking their way back into my mind. I'd be caught in a mood for weeks.
Just then, I had snapped out of my thoughts and realized my mom was searching through cabinets for breakfast items, maybe pancake mix. "Oh, hi mom. Sorry, I'm probably still half asleep." She laughed.
"You're just oblivious sometimes, like every other male," she set the mixing bowl and mix on the island and studied my face, "now tell me why you're up so early? I'd say good morning, but I'm worried."
"Everything's fine, I just got a call and couldn't get back to sleep. Plus, Sammy was whining so I let him out for a quick run." I crossed my arms and leaned against the island, hoping she didn't notice the bag I had put on the chair as I was lost in thought. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom a lot. She's the best, and I'd probably be lost without a mom like her raising me, but I just didn't want everyone, including her, to know that I was still bothered by the breakup. She was definately understanding, but it was just a personal thing. There was no need to worry her over this either.
My mom smiled at me, "Okay, well would you like breakfast? I'm going to work later today, so I figured I could cook a nice breakfast for your dad before he leaves for work."
I thought about it for a minute, "No, it's okay. I'm actually going to go out and make a coffee run. There's this new place open in town, and I hear their coffee is amazing. We need to buy more anyway."
"Becketts can't get along without coffee."
"My point exactly."
"Be careful driving."
"Aren't I always?" I smirked at her, "I have my phone, so if something comes up, you can reach me. It shouldn't take too long though." She nodded, and I grabbed my keys and the plastic bag and headed out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this is a filler. I'm trying to crank out chapters quick and wanted to get 2 more before I went to sleep, so here's one, and I promise something will happen in chapter 3 :] Once again, opinions are appreciated! I felt inspired to continue this story tonight, and I just want to know that it was worth staying up all night to continue typing.