Status: Active :]

This Table Has Taken A Turn For The Worst

Never Down And Out.

As I drove down on my way back home, I remembered that I had the application for Andy, so I made a few turns and eventually was on my way to his house. It had been a while since I had seen him too, so I was a bit excited to see one of my good friends again. I felt a bit bad, I hadn't been very good at keeping in touch with friends over the summer. It wasn't because I had been locking myself up in my room, God no that's a bit dramatic, but half of the time I wasn't good at making plans up myself, so I waited around until someone else made them.
I parked outside of his house, and got out grabbing the application, texting him as I walked up to knock on his door. If he were up in his room, or on the upper floor for any reason, he probably wouldn't hear me knock, and their doorbell was still broken.
Hey, I'm here.
My screen lit up in a matter of seconds, Haha, I see you. Brt.
K. Y'know, every time you abbreviate "be right there" I still think you're accidently calling me Bert...and misspelling it.
How do you know I'm not?

I shook my head, and was about to respond when Andy opened the door, "Hey thanks for stopping by Bert." He smiled, and moved out of the way for me to talk in. I just laughed and walked in past him, "No problem."
We walked to his living room, and he took a seat, so I followed suit. I guess it wouldn't just be a quick stop like I thought it would. At least it gives me something to do today.
"Do you want anything; food, drink? You know the deal." I shook my head, and just watched him sip his soda.
"So you haven't found anything at all yet?" Now it was his turn to shake his head.
"Everything sucks around here. There's no jobs, and if there are, they're hiring everyone else who applies but me! It's the most annoying thing in the world."
I sighed, "It's pretty ridiculous, I can't find anything either. I've still got a stack of applications waiting though, so I'll give that a shot eventually."
"So why haven't you come over lately? Are you doing anything else this week, because I'm thinking of having the guys over maybe Friday. We could all just hang out, since it's been a while since we've all been available."
I was about to say "sure" when I remembered that I had been thinking of going to hang out with Mae that day. I didn't want to go back and see her tomorrow, because that just seemed too soon, and too eager in my mind. I was planning on not going back until Friday just to stop by because it was a weekend and I doubt she had to work the next day, so I wouldn't be able to see her then. I could wait until next week, but I honestly just didn't feel like waiting.
"Actually...Friday doesn't look too good for me. I might have plans that day. Tomorrow's not good at all?" I asked hopefully.
He looked at me, slightly suspicious, but still unsure as to what I meant, "What do you mean you have plans? Do these plans involve...a girl?" My eyes widened, but I regained my composure quickly, and casually answered, "Well, they could maybe."
"Really?" Andy's eyes lit up, and he laughed, "Damn, I'm glad you're back in the game Bill! We were worried about you for a while. What's this 'maybe' about though? And who is she?" It took me a second to wrap my head around what he was half yelling at me.
"Woah, hold on. Yeah, it's a girl I met this summer, a few days ago..." And I began to tell Andy the whole story about Mae, and how I had asked her out without really realizing it.
"So do you like her?" He asked once I had finished telling him the short story. I thought about that for a minute. I guess I was attracted to her, and she seemed like a very nice person.
"I guess you could say that..." I felt myself faintly blushing.
"This is great! I was afraid Liz was going to ruin your summer; Mike told me about the other day." Mentioning Liz barely stung, and so I shook it off.
"No, she's done with. I'm definately over her." I half lied.
"Good, good. Maybe you can drop by with Mae though. See if she's cool enough to chill with us." He joked.
"Maybe. I don't know what's going on yet."
"Either way, good luck with her. I've got faith in you."
"Haha, thanks. I'm confident that Friday will be one of the best days of the summer thus far."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not much, but I needed something because it has been too long since I update. I'm so sorry to those of you who have been waiting for a new chapter. I'm going to try to type up a lot for quite a few things in the next few days because I feel terrible. So...thank you for sticking with me. I'm not so sure I like this chapter...but I'll go read it again when I'm not half asleep. Hopefully it's good enough for you guys <3 Remember, you're all what keeps me going.