Status: Active :]

This Table Has Taken A Turn For The Worst

You Thought You Got The Best Of Me.

I left Andy's house after we hung around and talked a bit more about our summers, and our plans for the next month. I told him I'd try to drop by Friday, and he said I should whether I'm with Mae or not. He called it a date, but I disregarded that because it was too soon and too simple to call a date.
But once I go into my car, I remembered that I had put Liz's stuff in the trunk to give back the other day. "Her parents are home, I'm sure they can let her know when she's back."
Although I was pretty much over her, I started to get nervous as I got closer to her house. I haven't driven down these roads in a while, but I could remember all the times I had driven to get her, or drop her off, or just walking with her around the area.
"No, don't go back and think about that. It doesn't matter anymore, because she's gone and you've got a chance with someone else now." It had gotten easier to say these things to myself and believe them, which actually made me happy. I sometimes couldn't believe that my summer had started to turn around, and in less than a week. But I didn't want to let it get to my head, just in case. I would just try to take it all in stride.
I pulled up to Liz's house and got out, slamming the car door. I pushed my nerves aside, and even tucked my anger away. I may have gotten over my feelings for her, but my anger towards her was probably going to stay for a bit longer. I saw that her dad's car was in the driveway, so at least he was going to be home for me to deliver this bag to. Part of me was wondering what he would think when I showed up, but then again I didn't want to know, to be honest.
After a couple knocks, her dad opened the door, obviously surprised to see me, "Hi, William. How are you? You know, Liz isn't back yet…"
"I'm not here for her," I said curtly, "I came here because she had some things that have been around for too long, and I just remembered that I had to swing by and finally drop them off." He looked a bit uncomfortable, but better him than me at this point because I was tired of feeling anything when it came to this girl.
"Oh yeah, thank you for giving her stuff back…I'll let her know as soon as she calls that you did." He smiled at me, eyebrows still knitted together, unsure of what he should say or do at this point.
"No problem. It wouldn't have been right to keep them, right? It was her things, and I remembered them, so why wait for her to ask for them?" I smiled at him, quite sure my eyes were smoldering with the anger I was trying to hide in my voice. He nodded though, and took the bag that I held out.
I continued to smile, and turned to leave, "Thanks, again for dropping this off." I turned once more, and just nodded. His eyes seemed to show pity for me, like he was saying he knew what teen love was like, and he was the one who was sorry because he knew what it was like to be in my situation. Granted, fathers didn't really ever like their "little girls" messing with boys, but it was almost like he couldn't be mad at me because I wasn't the one who was breaking hearts. It was like he felt bad for me, but he also felt bad because he couldn't even dislike me like a father should because I had done nothing wrong.
"Wow, that was easier than I thought." I thought as I started up the car again. I let out a laugh, and figured that I blew it all out of proportion. Of course, everything is always much easier after it's done. But this just seemed to be the last thing I had to do before I could really get over her. I didn't stop smiling the whole way home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I SAW THE ACADEMY IS... IN CONCERT LAST NIGHT! I saw them on August 12th :] It was so amazing. I got to meet Mr. William Beckett himself, pictures and autographs. Gah. He was a cutie pie he was <3 But I died. They were absolutely amazing live. God. I wanna see them again. But now, I feel even more inspired to write for him so expect more frequent updates ;]! He's just amazing. Don't forget-comment, subscribe! Please :3 This chapter wasn't much, but expect SOMETHING in the next two chapters :D!
Also, check out my other stories ;] Some shameless advertisement right there!