Status: Active :]

This Table Has Taken A Turn For The Worst

The Frozen Minutes Are Melting Slow (part one).

"Ugh, nobody's answering..." I grumbled as I made myself a cheese sandwich and poured some fresh coffee into a mug. I had contacted all of my friends, who were either busy or not answering. I figured that if nobody responded after I was done lunch, I would just drive around until a brilliant idea hit me.
I plopped myself down on the couch, put my feet up, and flipped through channels before settling on a "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" marathon, chucking at the jokes between bites. About halfway through the episode, however, I received a text from Adam, although he put his name in my phone as "Sis-kayy <3" But it was pretty funny, I had to admit.
Hey, you still free today?
Yup, currently watching the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I really do love this show :]
Haha, it's awesome. But I’ll be over to pick you up in about 10 min. What do you wanna do?

I sat in thought for a few minutes and stared at the TV now showing a commercial for some sort of amazing weight set.
No idea.
It was a few minutes before he responded again.
Damn Bill, I thought you actually had something in mind
Well I’m sorry. We can figure it out when you get here.
Alright, sounds good.

I grinned and put my phone down next to me. Sisky could definitely distract me for the day. We’ll come up with something for sure. Besides, I highly doubt he wanted to drive around wasting gas. Then again he probably wouldn’t mind if he’s having fun. He could find humor in plenty of things I’m sure.
While I waited, I decided to pass time, by doing the breakfast dishes that my mom didn’t have time for, including my own plate that I didn’t feel I really had to wash.
Half of these just need to be rinsed…” I thought, pulling out a plate that was pretty much clean. But, I felt obligated to clean them, simply because I know I would rather eat using fully clean utensils. Besides, it gave me more to do. When I was anxious, I just couldn't help but feel the need to keep busy. Relaxing was not an option.
Sisky was beeping from the driveway only minutes after I had finished. I quickly dried off my hands, grabbed my keys, and locked the door on the way out. I hopped the steps of my porch, ran over to his car and swung open the front door of his midnight blue four-door.
"Hey, thanks for picking me up!"
He shook his head, "No problem. You're paying for gas anyway, and any food we potentially stop for." His smile grew while mine faded.
"Wait...what?"
He laughed and shifted his car into gear, "I'm just kidding...maybe." I shook my head at him. Sisky was a great guy, and one of my best friends. I honestly go to him for a variety of things. But it really upset me to know that we haven't really seen each other a lot this summer. I became a pathetic depressed child, and he managed to score a summer job. Maybe he could get me a job at the store in the mall he worked at; I'm sure they could still use more people.
We hadn't gotten far when his gas light went off, and we needed to stop at a mini-mart/gas station. Thankfully, I didn't need to pay for gas-I stupidly forgot my wallet and realized when I offered to pay but he turned my offer down anyway. I was looking around outside as he was filling up the tank, and tapped the beat of the song on the radio on the dashboard. I did a double take at one point though, only to realize I only imagined what I saw.
"You're letting this get too far, she's just a girl you met, no need to nearly have a heart attack when you think you've seen her." I thought, studying the girl I had almost mistaken for Mae. She looked similar from the back and side, but once she turned, I noticed her hair didn't have the highlights, she lacked the few freckles Mae had, and her features were just a bit off. He nose was a bit too large, eyes too far apart, and chin too prominent. She wasn't ugly, but she wasn't Mae.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATE! For the few that read this story, I apologize for the short chapter, but trust me I'm dedicating my weekend to this story, well to all of my stories. I hope to write enough in advance as to where I can start updating weekly.
I promise it won't ever take this long to get out a chapter again. It's just school starting up really, really keeps me busy. It's hard to write when you have no free time.
But comments, subscribe.
Please comment, otherwise I won't feel motivated to type this :/