The Leap Year Massacre

He Said, She Said

Elliot waited until Malachi was back in the house to make her way towards the ditch.

She looked back to the house to make sure no one was watching, when she was sure the coast was clear she threw the gun next to the pig. No one would look there, not even she had thought about putting it there until she had smelled how truly ghastly the carcass was.

When the dirty deed was done she ran back to the house.

Malachi sat on the dusty couch, his spirit hurt. He knew that what had happened between Elliot and Jordan would cause tension on the house, and then to add salt to the wound, Elliot and him, whatever was going on between them wasn't going to make things any easier either.

Jordan was pacing the living room, his boots making a loud click on the wood with each step he took. It was staring to pinch at Malachi's nerves.

"Stop that,"

Jordan turned to face Abigail who was brushing her hair.

"How could you be thinking of vanity at a time like this?" Malachi ran his fingers through his hair, as if to prove a point.

Abigail snorted and continued to brush her hair.

Jordan responded, his malice obviously pointed in Malachi's direction. "She doesn't know anything, and lets keep it that way."

"Is that a threat?" Malachi stood up.

Though he knew that he wasn't nearly as tall, or strong for that matter, he wasn't a bout to back down. Jordan needed a wake up call, and maybe Malachi was the guy to give it to him. Though by the same token he himself could be given the wake up call, but it's worth a shot.

"What if it is?" Jordan puffed up his chest and waddled towards Malachi, head held high.

Malachi laughed, being his cocky no good self. "Listen, you can fuck with those other bitches you call friends, and you can bully 90% of the school population, but if you even think about bullying me, or say Elliot, you'll regret it."

"Oh, so now you're threatening me?" Jordan's face became hard, cold, almost merciless.

Suddenly the door closed with a loud creak as Elliot came in. She was out of breath, her chest moving rapidly to fill her lungs. She looked around, paranoid.

Jordan and Malachi parted.

"Wow, it smells like testosterone in here." Abigail went to her bag and put her hair brush away.

Elliot bit her lip, still feeling the sting of Jordan's fist. The gash over her eye was dripping blood onto her shirt.

Malachi walked over to her, his face not nearly as concerned as it had been before. Elliot felt a sigh of relief fill her. There was nothing between her and Malachi, it was just the moment.

"Come on, I'll help you clean that up,"

Malachi wasn't extremely great at treating wounds, but he could use it as an excuse to get away from Jordan. Though Malachi could hold his own, he wasn't about to get into another fight with Jordan, not after what he had done to Elliot. If Jordan even laid a hand on another girl, Malachi was afraid he was going to go berserk.

Malachi walked to the kitchen, Elliot following close behind.

"Sit here, I'll be right back with the first aid kit." Malachi's voice was soft and comforting.

Elliot nodded, her nerves getting the best of her. She wasn't nervous about Malachi, but about the whole situation and how it was going to pan out. It wasn't even dark yet and the house was filled to the brim with tension and hatred. She didn't know how anyone was going to survive the night, but then again, they all had to, they couldn't leave, not if they wanted their secrets out.

Elliot felt as if someone was watching her. She looked at Abigail who was talking to Jordan, both of them had their back to her. She then looked at Malachi who was still rummaging through the bag of supplies to find the first aid kit.

She shook it off, but couldn't help but think that whatever it was wasn't meant to be there.

Malachi came sauntering over, a first aid kit in his hand. "Found it,"

Elliot gave him a faint smile. "Great,"

Things are about to get really bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while, I haven't really felt like writing this.... But I'm going to try to write it more often..... :)