Heels Over Head in Hollywood

Chapter 12

“I feel so loved,” I said to Martin the next day, over the phone.

“And why is that?” He asked, laughing a little.

“Because,” I said. “You asked Taylor Swift to sing a song with you guys on your new cd, and not me.”

That earned some laughs from Martin and the band, since he put it on speaker.

“I’m sorry,” he said, “we already had it recorded before I met you-”

“No, no, it’s fine,” I said, cutting him off, “but Taylor Swift, really?”

“It was the record company’s idea,” he explained, the rest of the band agreeing.

“Oh,” I said. “Why must the record company come up with stupid ideas? I mean first the boys and Miley, and now you guys and Taylor Swift.”

“I know,” Martin said, agreeing.

“Which reminds me, I need to ask them about that,” I said, “so I’ll call you later.”

“Okay,” he said, “Talk to you later, KC.”

I said goodbye and then hung up. KC was his nickname for me. I was still trying to come up with something clever for him.

Anyway, I dialed Joe’s number, and he picked up on the second ring.

“Hey Kara,” he answered.

“Hey Joe,” I said, then got straight to the point, “I was just talking to Martin and it made me think of something.”

“Oh yeah,” he said, his voice changing from happy to angry in one second. “What?”

“How come you let Miley sing on your album?” I asked, truly curious, because I was pretty sure he hated her. This question seemed to make him relax, so he let out a sigh.

“That was more of Nick’s idea,” he explained, “I didn’t have to sing in that song, so I didn’t object. If I did sing though, well, that would have changed. But Nick’s pretty much decides on things, sometimes even Kevin decides.”

“Aw, don’t they let you?” I asked, sounding sympathetic, but all the while trying not to laugh, because I think I know the reason they wouldn’t let Joe.

“No. They always assume that I’ll screw something up," he said. Okay, I couldn’t help it, I left out a small laugh.

“Are you laughing?” He asked me, and I could just picture him pouting.

“Yes, Joe, but I mean, can you blame them for thinking that?” I asked, smiling.

“No, I guess not,” he said, and I could hear the smile in his voice. “Hey, let’s got do something!”

“Like what?” I asked, curious.

“I don’t know,” he said, “let’s run around, do something besides sitting around all day.”

Funny, because that’s what I planned on doing.

“Oh! Don’t they have this amusement park or something in the next town over? We should go there!”

“We, as in, me and you?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Well, yeah. If you want to,” he said, “because I’ll be honest and say I have no idea where Nick and Kevin are.”

“Me either,” I said, “I mean, I don’t know where Demi and Selena are either. They went somewhere, and I’m pretty sure they told me, but I can’t remember right now.....” I trailed off, trying to think. Nope, nothing.

“Well then,” he said. “I guess it’s a date. I’ll pick you up in an hour.”

“Yeah, sure,” I said, then said goodbye before hanging up. It took me a minute to analyze what Joe said.

Wait a minute.....

It’s a date?!
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go. An update. :) I hope you liked it. Kind of longer than most of them have been lately. :)
Sorry for the Swift bashing at the beginning; for any of you Taylor Swift fans. And the Miley bashing, again. Hardly being nice to anyone in this story, lol. But I hope you found it funny, just for the story. :)
Here's the link to my newest story. It's a Joe and Kevin one, with original characters. Not slash, though, just to let you know. It has a unique idea, more unique than any of my other story ideas, including this one, and I would love it if you check it out. It's just the summary, for now, but if I see people are interested that might inspire me to start posting for it soon. :)
Shout-outs go to crazy beautiful; , jane doe; , snowball4life , a year without rain , and runawaywithme;; for commenting. I thank all of you. I'm kind of rushing this, so I don't have time to do hyperlinks, so just go to the comments page to get to their profiles. Sorry for not having time; I'm past my time on here.
Next update will either by Sunday night or Monday night. Not sure yet, but it'll be one of those days, and I apologize if it's not. :)
Hope you enjoyed the update! :D Please comment! :D