Heels Over Head in Hollywood

Chapter 16

I felt something pressing against my chest. Continually. Like it was, then it wasn't, it was, then it wasn't, and so on. Like....

Like someone was giving me CPR.

And then I could feel them giving me mouth to mouth, pinching my nose. As they did I could feel water rising in my throat.

Which made me start coughing, really hard, making me sit up a little in the process. I slowly opened my eyes.

I open them to stare into the most beautiful honey brown eyes I've ever seen.

Which turned out to belong to Joe.

“Kara?” He asked, looking at me expectantly. It was then that I noticed that the rest of the Camp Rock 2 cast and crew were around me as well.

“That's the last time I laugh about you falling in the water,” I said, since it was the only thing that came to mind. Everyone else laughed, while Joe frowned. I saw Demi standing next to me holding out her hand, which I gratefully took and stood up. Joe got up and angrily walked away from us, while I looked after him quizically.

“What's up with him?” I asked Demi. She shrugged.

“He's probably mad that you're joking around about this. He seemed pretty concerned,” she said.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“As soon as you hadn't come up, he dove into the water and brought you up. Then he did CPR,” she said, looking at me.

“That was him? I didn't know that,” I said. “I better go talk to him.”

She nodded as I walked through the woods in the direction Joe left in.

>>------------------------------------------->>

“Joe?” I questioned, walking up to him. He was leaning against the one cabin they used for filming, looking deep in thought. When he looked up, he rolled his eyes, then started to walk away.

“No, wait-” I started, but he quickly cut me off.

“What Kara?” He asked, turning around and looking at me. “What do you want?”

“Listen, I'm sorry I joked about it,” I said, “I didn't know you saved me, and I didn't think about how serious it was-”

“Well it was,” he said, cutting me off again, “you could have drowned. I was worried about you.”

“I know,” I said, “and I'm sorry.”

As soon as I said this, his face softened, and he walked over to me.

“I'm the one that should be sorry,” he said. “I got mad at you when you should be mad at me. I'm the one who threw you in the water in the first place.”

“You didn't know what was going to happen,” I said, defending him. “Besides, I laughed at you, so I kind of deserved being thrown in.”

He smiled a little, but still looked like he felt guilty.

“Hey,” I said, putting my hand on his cheek to get him to look at me. “It's alright, because you saved me after it happened. So you made it up to me by doing that.”

He smiled for real this time, leaning his head against my hand.

“I like you a lot, Kara,” he whispered, turning his head and kissing the palm of my hand.

“I like you a lot too,” I said, smiling, “now c'mon, let's go back to everyone else.”

He smiled as I put my hand down in order to hold onto his.

We then walked back together, hand-in-hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter's... a little corny. lol. Sorry about that. Especially at the end of it; I was going to change it, but didn't have time to, so I'm just going to go with it. lol. It probably doesn't deserve comments, but I'd appreciate some. :) Sorry for the delay in this, especially since it was a cliffhanger. I felt bad leaving you like that for a week, but here it is. I meant to post this last night, but I didn't have much time on here... and I'm posting it now when I should be responding to comments and reading other stories, lol. I promised every weekend, though, so I posted it. :)
Shout-outs go to jasey rae;; , crazy beautiful; , snowball4life , and x-believer-x for commenting! I didn't get the five comments that I asked for, but I did get feedback from you four and another person. cookiepirate09 didn't comment, but she send me a friend request with the message that she liked this story, so she also gets a shout-out. :)
Hm.... go check out these two stories if you haven't already:
In The Rose Garden
104 Days of Summer
They're both Joe stories, so since you're reading this Joe one, you should check out those as well if you haven't yet. :)
I feel unaccomplished. This is the only story I updated this weekend, if even that, considering I already had this written. :/ Hopefully next weekend this one and another will be updated. We'll have to see. :)
Movies to see this fall: Easy A, Devil, Jackass 3D, Paranormal Activity 2... any others? I'm making a mental list for myself, lol. What movies do you want to see? Tell me in a comment. :D
Hope you enjoyed the update! :D