Status: All chapters are written, I just need you guys to want it!

1987

The End

Sirens can always be heard in New York City. The sound is somewhat soothing to most residents, keeps a sense of consistency. Though it signifies that something terrible has happened, it still calms the nerves of everyone in the city. This night was no different. Consistency would not be broken tonight.

Sirens blared down 5th street to the apartment complex not far from the station. Detective Robert Meyer waited impatiently for his partner to drive to the address they’d gotten from the 9-1-1 Emergency Dispatch Office. It was familiar; he’d just seen it on the information sheet attached the report he’d just filed only hours ago.

He and his partner, Judith Reynolds, finally arrived to the apartment complex and ran up the steps leading to entrance. Reynolds pressed the large button on the door and buzzed the doorman. A man in uniform with a nametag that read Luke lumbered over.

“May I help you?” he asked.

Meyer flashed his badge and he immediately opened the door. “I’m Detective Meyer and this is my partner, Officer Reynolds. We’re looking for apartment 28 A.”

He pointed in the direction of the apartment in question as Meyer and Reynolds ran down the corridor. Meyer knocked on the door impatiently, but received no answer. He jiggled the knob and pushed the door open; it was unlocked.

“Ms. Albright?” Meyer called in to the apartment, raising his gun; Reynolds mirrored his actions. They walked further into the apartment cautiously, each going in the opposite direction. A faint beeping was coming from the kitchen, a phone disconnection tone. Reynolds crept over and finally discovered Ms. Melody Albright; the color of snow and dead.

“Meyer, kitchen,” Reynolds called, lowering her gun. Meyer ran up next to her and surveyed the body.

Next to it lay a piece of paper, almost perfect except for the creases it sported. Judith Reynolds picked up the paper and looked at her partner as she began to read the words aloud.

“You were right, I did it.

Gil sends her love. She told me this is how it would end, but I didn’t want to believe her. But that Gil, she’s always right; just like you… This could’ve ended so differently. Oh well.
Love you, Melly…

Even in death.”

The End