Sequel: Never Let You Go
Status: Finished <3

Back Down to Earth

The Promise

Justin's POV

Pocketing the promise ring I had for Gemma, I shake my head slightly before looking at myself in the mirror. You'll be fine Justin, I think to myself. You have nothing to worry about, Gemma loves you, every things going to be perfect, I try to convince myself. Tonight was the night I was going to give her the ring, and well, I was extremely nervous. We had been together only three months, but I wanted to be with her the rest of my life. It was the perfect setting though, we were at the beach in South Carolina for the weekend, just the two of us, and it seemed so right.
"Gemma, let's take a walk, I have to tell you something." I say, coming into the kitchen where she is eating.
"Okay Justin." she says looking at me slightly confused. Smiling at her softly, trying to reassure her I pull her out of the house.
"Is every thing okay?" she asks after a while of silence.
"Nothing is wrong baby." I say, facing her. It was now or never, the perfect setting, the sun was just setting.
"I love you Gemma." I say, touching her face and leaning my forehead against hers.
"I love you too." she says, closing her eyes.
"I love you so much, and I'd do anything for you, you know that right?" I ask, pulling her waist closer to me.
"Yes, Justin, I know, why are you asking?" she says opening her eyes.
"I just want to make sure before... before I tell you something." I say, suddenly really nervous.
"Oh, well, I know Justin, you don't have to worry, I love you." she says wrapping her arms around my neck. Kissing her cheek I pull away and drop to one knee.
"Gemma, my baby, my world, I love you so much, and I'll do anything for you, I never want to be with out you, so will you promise me that you'll give me the honor of marrying me when we are older?" I ask, pulling out the ring. Gasping, her eyes start to fill with tears.
"Yes." she whispers, smiling. Smiling largely I slip the ring on her finger before sweeping her off her feet and showering her with kisses.
"I promise you'll never regret anything baby. I'll love you forever and give you anything you want. I'll never let you go, and I'll always protect you and put you first Gemma. You are my whole world and there is no one else, and nothing else that could be better than you or hold my attention like you." I whisper to her. "You are the best part of me, and my reason for everything, you brought me back down to earth. My life saver, my baby, my favorite girl and my common denominator, Gemma. Baby you make me a better person, and I'll always want to be with you and love you." Cupping her face gently, I look into her eyes as they sparkle in the waning light, before kissing her. The stars were coming out and I was standing in the middle of a beach with my girl. She had said yes to me, I was the one she chose, and nothing in the world was wrong with her here with me. I had finally gotten back down to earth, and nothing was ever going to change.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GOSH!!! Ahhh.... I'm finally finished with the story!!!! Oh my goodnesss!!! =) Yay, on to the sequel. Oh, and fyi, the ring that he gave her is the one shown in chapter 39. Tell me what you think please!!! =) <3 I love all my readers and subscribers and all the people who commented, thank you SO much! Virtual hugs to all of you guys because I now have seven stars.
Love,
Polkadottedgiraffe15