Status: Done

Love Will Never Ever Let Us Fall Apart

Everything's Not Fine

"Hey," I said as I saw her searching through the cupboards.

She whipped her head around and locked eyes with me. I've been sitting on her couch for two hours waiting for her to get up.

She didn't say anything but I saw the look on her face and I knew what was coming next. She ran to the garbage and emptied her stomach.

I got up and pulled her hair away from her face while rubbing her back with my other hand.

Once she was done I handed her a paper towel to wipe her mouth with.

"Do you need anything?" I asked with concern.

"A supportive boyfriend," she answered, grabbing a bag of chips and stuffing her face.

"I'm sorry. But, I'm ready for this now. I was scared, but I'm ready to be a dad. I promise," I told her.

"Oh, I'm so fucking glad you're ready. It only took you like a month!" She spat.

"I'm sorry, I'm immature! I need to grow up, but I want to be with you and be a family," I pleaded.

"No you don't," she said as her beautiful brown eyes filled up with tears.

"Yes I do, baby. Don't cry," I cooed as I wrapped my arms around her. "Please don't cry. Everything will be okay,"

"I can't do this, John," she said pulling away.

"Do what?" I asked.

"I can't let you hold me and make me forgive you. Until you prove to me that you can handle the responsibility of having a baby, we can't be together," she said.

"You're breaking up with me?"

"No, you broke up with me when you didn't call, or when you didn't come to see me when you got back, or when you asked me if I was joking when I told you I was pregnant," she fumed.

"I was scared! And I was drinking, I can't do anything except say that I'm sorry!" I yelled back.

"No, that's all you've ever done, John! I don't hold you to what you did in the past, but this time you're going to have to do a lot more than tell me sorry!" She screamed.

"Then what do you want from me?" I demanded.

"I want-" she stopped mid sentence and doubled over, clutching her stomach. "Ahhhng," she groaned.

"What's wrong? What happened?" I worried.

"Call Rachael," she ordered waving me away with her hand.

"There's no time for that! Just let me take you to the ER," I pleaded.

She paused and looked at me for a minute.

"Help me," she whimpered.

I picked her up and carried her out of the apartment. I walked carefully, but as fast as I could go. I chose the elevator over the stairs, thinking the last thing I needed to do was drop her.

She pressed the button on the elevator and clutched her stomach again.

"It hurts," she cried, stretching out the word 'hurts'.

"I know, I'm sorry. Everything is going to be okay. I'm going to get you to the hospital and they're going to take care of you," I tried to soothe her. I carried her out of the apartment building and placed her in the front seat of my car.

"John, I'm so scared," she sniffled.

"I'm scared, too," I admitted. I hadn't noticed until now, but my hands were shaking. I tried to ignore it and gripped the wheel as I took off for the hospital. I was speeding, but I didn't care.

I pulled up to the front of the emergency room and helped her out of the car.

"Get me a wheelchair," she ordered me.

"Okay," I said getting a wheelchair. "Here babe,"

She sat down and I wheeled her inside.

"My girlfriend needs help. She's pregnant and something's wrong," I told the lady at the front desk.

She got up from behind the desk and wheeled Beth back as she was asking her questions.

"Wait, can I go with her?" I pleaded.

"No you can't go with her just yet, take a seat and I'll have a doctor come out and talk to you as soon as possible," she said calmly.

"Is she gonna be okay?" I asked with tears threatening to fall.

The nurse must have not heard me as she walked back the hallway they wheeled Beth down.

I picked up my phone and called one of the only other people who knew about Beth.

"Garrett, I need you to meet me at the hospital,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Becohh I went with what you said :) thanks for all the comments!!! I can't believe I got like 6 already!! Insane! So here's the next chapter! Comment more please! Haha