Status: Done

Love Will Never Ever Let Us Fall Apart

Merry Christmas Baby

"Okay, John. It's our last ultrasound for the year. Let's not be late," I called to him from the kitchen.

"Well if you wouldn't have used up all the hot water...," John retorted.

"I'm sorry," I said.

Choose your battles.

"It's okay," he sighed coming out from the bathroom fully dressed. "Let's go,"

With John still slightly irritated we drove to the hospital for my ultrasound.

I walked into the office and smiled at all the christmas decorations. I checked in and took a seat next to John.

I took his hand in mine and laced our fingers together. Then, I rested my head on his shoulder. He totally melted when I did that.

I looked up and saw a small smile appear on his face. I grinned and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"It's so sweet to see a nice young couple nowadays," an old lady from next to us smiled. She was here with what looked like her middle aged daughter.

"Oh, thank you m'am," I smiled.

"You're very welcome. Is this handsome young fellow your husband?" She asked.

"Not yet. Fiancé for now," John told her with a nod.

"Oh you two are just so cute. Is this your first?" She asked motioning to my stomach.

"Yes it is," I nodded.

"Beth, Dr. Harmon will see you now," a nurse called out.

"Good luck," the woman smiled as we walked back the hallway.

"Thank you," John and I said at the same time. I chuckled and John wrapped his arm around my waist and opened the door for me. I walked in and changed into my hospital gown.

I took a seat on the bed and John stood next to me.

Shortly after, the doctor walked in.

"Hello you two. How is everything?" She asked politely.

"Great. How are things with you?" I replied.

"Oh I can't complain. The kids keep me busy at Christmas," she said referring to her own children.

"I bet," I nodded.

"So are we ready to find out the sex?" She asked.

"Wait, I thought that wasn't until January?" John questioned.

"Well your baby is probably developed enough to tell now. Unless you'd rather wait," she said.

"No! If we can find out now that would be amazing," I smiled.

"Sure thing," she nodded.

For some reason she wasn't allowed to tell us during the ultrasound, so we had to wait to open the envelope from the appointment.

After I got cleaned up and dressed we walked back to the front desk with Dr. Harmon.

"Well here it is," she said handing me the envelope. "Merry Christmas,"

John squeezed my hand and I quickly ripped it open.

"Wait," he said taking the papers from me. "What do you think it is?"

"A girl," I told him confidently

He grinned and handed me the paper.

"It's a boy!" I squealed. Jumping into Johns arms.

He hugged me tightly and spun me around.

He set me down and gave me a passionate kiss in front of everyone in the waiting room.

"This is so exciting!" I smiled as he pulled away.

"I know, I can't believe it," John grinned.

We walked out of the hospital and drove back home talking about our baby boy the whole way.

Once we got through the door the scent of our Christmas tree filled my nose.

"I love Christmas," I grinned. I took my shoes off and walked to the kitchen. I started gathering ingredients and John followed me in shortly after.

"What are you making?" He asked getting a drink from the fridge.

"Christmas cookies! Wanna help?"

"You're so adorable," he said giving me a kiss on the forehead "And if I don't help, do I still get to eat them?"

"Nope," I replied.

"Okay then tell me what to do," he replied, knowing full well that I would have let him eat the cookies.

"First, give me a kiss," I ordered.

John walked over to me and placed his hands on my hips and kissed me roughly on the lips.

"Check," he panted.

"Okay, now can you get the flour from the top shelf? I can't reach it," I said pointing to the cupboard where it was.

"Here you go," he said reaching the bag with ease.

"Thank you sweetheart. Now what kind of cookies should we make?" I asked.

He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck.

"Oh John," I moaned.

"Sugar cookies and gingerbread," he whispered in my ear.

After that, he pulled away and continued getting ingredients out of the fridge.

"Tease," I joked.

He laughed and we started baking.

"Babe, if you keep eating all the dough there won't be any left for the cookies," John chuckled.

"Bwut it's sfo good," I said through a muffled voice because of all the cookie dough in my mouth.

"Yes, but raw egg isn't good for the baby," he said gently as he placed his hand on my belly.

"Okay," I sighed putting down the spoon. "You're so responsible. I love it,"

"I just don't want anything to happen to you," he said bending down and kissing my stomach."Or you,"

I laughed as he kissed my belly.

"Beth, I love you," John smiled simply as he gave me a quick kiss.

"John, I love you," I mocked, kissing him.

"Hey, now we can paint the nursery," he reminded me.

"Oh yeah! So instead of boring blue, what do you think about green?" I asked.

"Sounds good. I think it'll fit better with all the jungle stuff we've got in there,"

"That's what I thought," I said placing a tray of cookies into the oven.

I set the timer and waddled over to the couch.

"God my feet hurt. I shouldn't have worn those heels the other night," I whined. I sat down and started to rub my feet. Once they felt better I propped them up and relaxed on the couch.

John looked at me sympathetically and kissed my forehead.

A few minutes after I got comfortable the timer went off.

"Dammit," I muttered.

"Don't worry babe. I got it," John said walking out to the kitchen and getting the cookies out of the oven.

"Thank you sweetheart," I called from the couch.

"You're welcome," John replied as he came back and sat next to me. I leaned into him and he draped his arm around my shoulder.

"Just think: By this time next year we'll have a little baby boy," I cooed.
"I know! I'm so excited to have a kid," John grinned.

"Hey, uh I was thinking. Do you wanna exchange gifts now? It's only two days til Christmas," I suggested.
"Sure. Why not?" John agreed as he stood up to fetch my 'big' gift from under the tree.

John and I got each other 'big' gifts and then other little gifts that didn't cost as much.

I walked to the hall closet and got Johns gift. When I came back he was sitting on the couch holding a wrapped package in his hands.

"Open yours first," I grinned handing him the bulky object.

"Okay," he smiled before unwrapping the package. As soon as he realized what it was his eyes lit up and he gave me a big hug.

"Bee, how did you know?" He gasped, taking the brand new guitar from its case.

I just shrugged and smiled.

"This is awesome, baby. I love it!" He exclaimed as he started to tune it.

"Oh wait! Here's yours," he said handing me the smallish, but heavy package.

I unwrapped it and there was a plain cardboard box. I opened the box to find 2 huge photo albums. One was full of cute pictures of John and I from now and the first time we were dating. I looked at the other one and it was empty. I gave John a confused look and he pointed to the cover of the album.

Baby's First Year.

I broke out into a huge grin and tackled John in a hug.

"I know you want a lot of pictures of the baby so I got you this. It has special places to write things in and stuff," he explained.

"John it's perfect. I love it," I squealed.

"It's not really your biggest gift but it's the most meaningful," he told me shyly as he blushed and rubbed the back of his neck.

I kissed his cheek and hugged him again.

"Oh, flip the guitar over," I told him. He picked up the acoustic guitar and flipped it to the back and read the writing.

Dear Johno,
Your son and I love you so much. Never forget your music. You owe it to the world.
Love,
Your Bethy<3

John gave me a big smile and wrapped me in a tight hug and held me for a long time.

"Bee, I love you so much. You're the only girl in the universe that I feel whole with. You're my everything," he whispered.

"John, that's so sweet. I love you too," I whispered back as he held me close.

"Wait," he said pulling back "How did you write 'son' if we just found out today?"

"Oh please. I knew it was a boy all along," I told him.

"And you didn't tell me?"

"I wanted you to be surprised,"

"Well I think you deserve a little pay back," John said creeping up on top of me.

I thought he was gonna kiss me, but instead he started tickling me.

"Ah! John! Stop!" I said through my giggles.

"Say you're sorry,"

"I'm sorry!" I squealed.

"Tell me how sexy I am," he ordered as he continued tickling me.

"You're so sexy! Sexiest man who ever walked the earth," I giggled.

"There. That wasn't so hard," he said leaning down and kissing me.

We cuddled a little more until I drifted off in John's arms clutching his shirt. I never wanted to let him go.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, let's try to get at least 3 comments on this chapter! That would be amazing:) Thanks for reading!!