Status: Done

Love Will Never Ever Let Us Fall Apart

Beth, I Hear You Calling

Things had gotten pretty boring around the holidays and after. Now, I was eight months pregnant and as big as a whale.

John and the guys were out for the day doing band stuff, so I was just chilling at home.

Rachael and Becca planned a baby shower for me later on that I was absolutely dreading.

I mean, I was grateful that they were so excited for the baby, but I really didn't want to have to see a whole bunch of people that I barely knew.

I was waiting for them on the couch when they strolled through the front door.

"Whoa Bee, you keep your door unlocked?" Rachael asked.

"Yeah, but I'm thinking about starting to lock it so that lunatics like you two can't get in," I smirked.

"Oh please girl. You know you love us," Becca added.

I just laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Damn, you are huge!" Rachael exclaimed.

"Yeah, being eight months pregnant will do that to you," I said.

"Okay, okay. Now let's head to your party. It's almost six and I told everyone to be there by six-thirty," Rachael told me.

I pried myself off of the couch and waddled out the front door.

We were almost to the car when I turned around "Shit, I forgot my phone,"

I walked back inside the house, got my phone and returned to the drive way.

"Wait! I forgot to lock the door," I said going back to the house.

Becca and Rach rolled their eyes and got into the car. I came back and finally took a seat in the back seat.

"Are you sure you're ready?" Becca teased.

"Oh, shut up! I'm exhausted. It's so hard to sleep with this thing," I said placing my hand on my stomach.

The girls laughed and Rachael pulled out of the driveway.

"Wait!" I shouted from the back seat.

"Ugh what now?" Rachael groaned.

"Nothing," I replied sweetly.

"You're lucky you're pregnant or I would reach back there and slap that smile off your pretty face," she threatened.

"Aww, you think I'm pretty?"

"Bee..." She warned.

"I'm just kidding... Hey guys, thanks so much for throwing this party. I really appreciate it," I told them sincerely.

"You're welcome, Bee. I've only known you for three months and I can already tell what a sweetheart you are. You deserve it," Becca smiled.

"Yeah, Bee. We had to do this for you. You're my best friend," Rachael added.

"We're the three best friends that anyone could have, we're the three best friends that anyone could have. We're gonna do things all the time together, just because we're not at a baby shower doesn't mean that we can't hang out," I sang, parodying Alan's song from The Hangover.

"Oh my goodness," Becca sighed, shaking her head.

We laughed and joked the whole way to Rachael and Garrett's house.

When I got out of the car I told the girls I had to make a quick call and after they went inside I scrolled down my contacts to find Johns number. I pressed send and held the phone up to my ear.

His Ivory ringback tone came through the speaker, but he never picked up.

A little annoyed that he didn't pick up, I called him again.

I finally got his voice mail and decided to piss him off a little bit.

"Hey, it's John. Leave a message,"

"Ah, ah, John! I think the baby is coming early. Oooh. Call me back," I groaned.

I pressed the end button and walked inside.

"Finally, Bee! What took you so long?" Becca exclaimed as I walked in. I shrugged and looked around. There were blue balloons and blue streamers everywhere.

"Okay, so people should start coming any minute," Rach told me as she put food out on the table.

There was a big cake in the middle that looked amazing.

"Oh my god guys. What kind of cake is that?"

"Chocolate with fondont icing," Becca smiled.

"Oh I wanna eat it so bad!" I groaned.

"Well too bad! You have to wait until everybody gets here," she barked.

"You're so mean," I fake pouted.

I felt my phone vibrate in my hand and looked down to see John calling.
"Hello?" I answered.

"Bee! Are you having the baby?" He asked frantically. I immediately felt like a bitch for what I did.

"Um, no. It was just contractions," I lied.

"Oh thank god," he sighed.

"Sorry for scaring you," I apologized.
"It's fine! I'm just so glad you're okay," he told me. "I almost had a heart attack when I got your message. My stupid phone was on silent so I never even heard your calls,"

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said quietly.

"For what, Bethy?" He chuckled.

"Uh, nothing. Hey, I have to go, but I love you,"

"I love you too sweetheart," he cooed.

I bit my lip and hung up.

Tears sprung from my eyes and I started to sniffle.

"What's wrong, Beth?" Rachael asked.

"John," I choked out.

"What did he do?" Becca questioned angrily.

"N-nothing. I called him a-and I got mad that he didn't answer so I l-left him a message saying that I was going into labor and he got all worried and scared," I sniffled.

"Honey, it's okay. John loves you, he'll forgive your little prank," Rachael said rubbing my back.

"B-but I feel so-o bad!" I cried.

"Babe, it's just your hormones," she assured me.

"You think?" I asked.

"Yes, now stop worrying. John lives and breathes for you,"

"Okay, thanks," I smiled, wiping my tears away.

After a few minutes people started arriving and finally it was time to open presents.

I mostly just got clothes and toys, but some of my closer friends like Halvo, Justin, and Halvo's sister Kim bought me things like bouncers, playmats, and a high chair.

"Thank you so much for all the gifts everybody. Is it okay if I don't write thank you cards?" I asked.

Everybody laughed and agreed.

"Awesome, now can we cut the cake? Halvo, why are you filming?" I asked.

"Well, my dear I am filming so that your beloved fiancé can catch up on what he missed today," he explained.

I smiled and walked to where Rachael was cutting the cake.

"Can you get me an extra big piece?" I asked her.

"Coming right up!" She said handing me a huge slice of cake.

I gobbled it down with a glass of milk as Halvo stood there filming me.

"Can you please turn the camera off while I'm eating?" I begged.

"Oh come on! John would love to see you devour that hunk of pastry,"

"I hate you," I joked.

"Aww," he frowned, turning the camera to himself. "Just remember that when you say 'I do' John. Remember,"

I laughed and threw my plate away. I talked to everybody one last time before they left and then plopped down on the couch next to Halvo, who was still filming me.

"Rach, do you want me to help clean?" I called to her.

"Nah, go home. You look beat," she answered.

"Halvo can you drive me?" I asked giving him my puppy dog face.

"Fine," he sighed.

"Thank you," I said giving him a quick hug. I grabbed my sweatshirt, said goodbye to Rachael and Becca and left.

"You aren't going to film while you're driving are you?" I asked.

"No! That would be dangerous. John would kill me if I got into an accident with you,"

"Okay, good," I smiled.

"Yeah, that's why you're going to," he said handing me the camera.

I rolled my eyes and held the camera up pointing at myself.

"Johno, you know I love you sweetheart, but I'm turning the camera off," I said blowing a kiss. "Bye, honey,"

"Aww, how cute," Halvo grinned.

I just smiled and blushed.

"I'm so glad everything worked out between you guys. John is my best friend and I couldn't imagine any girl more perfect for him than you,"

"That's so sweet, Eric. Thank you," I smiled.

He just nodded and focused on the road.

In about ten minutes we reached the house and Halvo pulled into the driveway.

"Night, Beth. See you later," he said.
"Goodnight, Halvo. Drive safely. Oh, and thanks for coming tonight. It wouldn't have been as much fun without you,"

"I know. See ya!"

I waved and shut the car door before walking into the house.

"I'm home!" I called out.

"Oh, hey babe," John said walking out from the kitchen with a bag of chips.

"Hey, Halvo sent home this camera with the baby shower on it," I said handing it to him.

"Awesome. Can't wait to watch it and see you," he grinned.

"You know, John, you really surprised me. I didn't think that you would grow up so fast, but I'm really glad you did. I love you,"

"I'd do anything for you, Beth. I love you too," he said wrapping his arms around me.

We hugged for a minute and as we stood there the baby kicked.

"Whoa! I felt that," John chuckled.

"I know," I smiled. "Hey, uh, there's something I want to tell you..."

"Okay. Go," he nodded.

"Well, uh when I called you I wasn't having contractions. I lied because I was mad that you weren't answering your phone," I admitted.

He was silent for a second.

"Why would you do that?"

"I- I don't know. I was mad and stupid and I'm sorry. I'm so so so sorry!" I exclaimed as I felt tears in my eyes.

"You had me so worried," he said quietly.

"I'm sorry, John," I sniffled as tears ran down my face.

He looked at me and quickly took me in his arms.

"It's okay darling. Just please don't do it again,"

"I promise I won't," I sniffled.

"Good," he chuckled. "Now, let's get you to bed. Looks like you've had a long day,"

I nodded and walked with him to the bedroom. I got dressed in my pajamas and crawled into bed. I had to sleep on my side because I couldn't sleep on my stomach, fearing I would crush the baby. I couldn't sleep on my back because the baby would crush me. So side was my only option.

John came into bed shortly after me and kissed me goodnight. He draped and arm around my waist and said:

"Only one more month,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments! I only got 2 though:( but that's okay. Love you guys! Thanks for reading!! The next chapter is awesome and if I got lots of comments I'll post it today:)