Status: Done

Love Will Never Ever Let Us Fall Apart

Laughing All The Way To The Hospital

"Oh my god, I'm so pregnant," Bee moaned as she waddled out into the kitchen. "I'm gonna pop any second,"

"When was the due date, again?" I asked her.

"It was exactly one week ago. You hear that baby ohh? You're late!" She joked, rubbing her round belly.

"He must take after his mommy," I smirked.

"Oh come on. I'm fashionably late," she smiled.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night sweetheart," I said, kissing her forehead. "What are we going to do today?"

"Hmm, I don't know. Let's go for a walk. That should induce labor," she suggested.

"Okay, babe. Whatever you say," I chuckled at how eager she was to have the baby. I couldn't blame her though, she was humongous and it was probably uncomfortable.

"Awesome, just let me eat and take a shower," she said filling her bowl with Cookie Crisp.

We ate breakfast and I waited on the couch while she took her shower and got ready.

I saw her waddle out of the hallway bathroom with a towel wrapped around herself. She looked adorable because the towel didn't quite fit across her stomach so she clutched it closed tightly.

What made her look even cuter was that she was so tiny that her pregnant belly appeared larger than normal.

I smiled to myself and then turned my attention back to the tv.

After about ten minutes she came out dressed in a short-ish black long-sleeved cotton dress and flip flops on.

"I'm ready!" She smiled.

"Okay," I stood up and kissed her forehead. I opened the front door for her and we walked outside. Once we were on the sidewalk I grabbed her hand and laced her fingers with mine, while her other hand was pressed to her back.

She walked slowly, and I didn't rush her.

"Man, I shouldn't have had all that milk this morning. It is not sitting well in my stomach," she said wincing.

"Do you wanna turn back?" I asked her.

"Nah, it's so nice out," she said as she kept walking.

A few minutes later she doubled over, clutching her stomach.

"Oh god," she groaned.

"What's wrong, babe?"

"Just indigestion," she said straightening up. "I'm fine,"

"Maybe we should head home. I really think you should sit down," I pleaded.

"The park is basically as close as the house. I can make it," she assured me.

I still didn't feel very confident that 'indigestion' was all this was. But, it's her body...

We strolled along and finally made it to the park which was about a mile from our house.

She quickly sat down on a bench and clutched her stomach again and whimpered.

"Okay, we need to go to the hospital. Now," I demanded as I stood up.

She still had her eyes shut in pain.

"Baby?" I asked quietly, kneeling down in front of her.

"John, I don't think I can make it back," she groaned.

"Well I can't just leave you here!" I cried, looking up at her.

"Just go get the car. It has my bag and the- oh shit! We never set up the car seat," she squeaked.

"No, I'm not leaving you. I'll call Halvo, he lives right down the street," I said pulling out my phone.

I dialed his number and prayed that he would pick up.

"Hello?"

"Dude! I need you to go to our house, get our spare car keys from inside the glove box and drive to the park to meet us," I instructed.

"Wh-"

"Just do it!" I yelled hanging up.

"He's gonna be here soon baby, don't worry. Is it time?" I questioned nervously.

"Ugh- I don't think so. My water didn't even..."

"What? Did your water break?"

"I thought I felt something weird in the shower," she mumbled.

"Oh god, that was like half an hour ago!" I panicked.

Oh my god. My child is going to be born on a park bench!

"Don't worry, the contractions are really far apart. This baby isn't coming out for hours," she said trying to calm me down. "Just do something to get my mind off the pain,"

"Sure! Uhh.. Like what?"

"I don't know... Um, sing to me?" She suggested.

"Oh, right. Uh, okay, here's a new song. Let me see if I remember it... Oh yeah! It goes:

We're too young
This is never gonna work
That's what they say
You're gonna get hurt
But I know something they don't

I hear your heart
Beating right in time
Right from the start
Knew I had to make you mine
And now I'll never let you go

Don't they know that love won't lie

Don't listen to the world
They say we're never gonna make it
Don't listen to your friends
They would've never let us start
And don't listen to the voices in your head
Listen to your heart," I sang. "That's all I have so far,"

She grinned and started clapping.

"I love - ah! I mean, we love it," she told me. "John, hold my hand,"

I obeyed her and held both of her hands in mine as I knelt in front of her.

"Sing it again," she begged and her grip tightened on my hands. I obliged and sang it again.

It was hard seeing her in pain but when she looked up at me I could see her eyes fill with happiness. I finished the chorus and leaned up to give her a kiss.

"I love you, Bee,"

"I love you too, John," she croaked.

Still clutching onto my hands she leaned forward and rested her chin on my shoulder and nuzzled her face into the crook of my neck.

"It hurts,"

"I know sweetheart. I'm so sorry," I said trying to soothe her.

"Halvo!" She cried.

I looked behind me and sure enough I saw my best friend waving from my car.

"Okay, Bee. Let's get you to the hospital," I said helping her off the bench and walking her slowly to the car.

I put her in the back seat and ran to the other side so I could sit next to her.

As soon as I got in the car Halvo started driving to the hospital and I held Beth's hand the entire way. She squeezed it every time she had a contraction.

"Halvo, talk!" She ordered.

"Okay! Uh, um, great weather to have a baby..?" He stuttered.

"Nevermind. John do your funny accents," she begged.

"What? Now?"

"Yes! Please?" She asked biting her lip. When she gave me that face I had to give in.

I made stupid jokes the whole way to the hospital and tried to keep her mind off the baby that was trying to escape her body. I did everything I could think to keep her happy until Halvo finally said those two magic words.

"We're here!"
♠ ♠ ♠
The baby's coming! Leave comments and subscribe! Thanks for reading:)