Status: Done

Love Will Never Ever Let Us Fall Apart

I'm Afraid Of Losing You

I slid my phone into my pocket and sat down on a chair.

This can't be happening. If I would have just been there for her from the start then none of this would have happened.

I kept my eye on the door that I saw Beth go into. I thought I didn't want a kid, but the idea of having it ripped away right now seems like the scariest thing in the world.

I checked my phone for the billionth time in five minutes praying that someone would call me and tell me that this was all a joke and that Bee and our baby were fine.

That didn't happen.

"John, what happened?" I heard Garrett ask.

"I don't know, she just had these horrible stomach pains so I brought her here. They haven't told me anything yet," I explained running my hand through my hair.

"She called you?" He asked.

"No, I was at her place," I answered.

"Why?"

"I went to apologize and then we started fighting-"

"Wait! Whoa, whoa, whoa, you were fighting with a pregnant woman?" He questioned.

"Well I didn't mean to," I replied shamefully.

"Of course you didn't mean to! Don't you know you can't fight with pregnant chicks? You have to just tell them they're right," he said.

"Do you think that us fighting did this?" I whispered.

"I don't know John," he responded.

I sighed and stayed silent as I buried my head in my hands.

Garrett patted my back.

"She's going to be fine. They both are," he told me.

"Shut up," I groaned.

He didn't know that. He couldn't promise me that they were going to be okay.

While we were sitting there Garrett got a call from the hospital telling him that Beth was here, because apparently he was one of her emergency contacts. Rachael was the first one but she was out of town.

He was her emergency contact? He's not even the dad! I couldn't believe that I let things go this far. The first night she told me, I should have kissed her and told her that I would be there for her. But, no. I had to be a jackass and ruin things again.

"Garrett Nickelsen?" A doctor asked.

We both stood up and walked towards her.

"Nice to see you, Garrett," she said shaking his hand.

"You too Dr. Harmon," he replied.

She turned to me.

"I don't believe we've met. I'm doctor Jessica Harmon. Beth's obstetrician," she greeted politely.

"I'm John," I said shaking her hand.

"He's the baby's father," Garrett told her.

"Oh, wonderful," she smiled. "Good news, nothing is wrong with Beth. Her belly is starting to grow faster than normal, so the muscles and ligaments are stretching faster than they should be. Now, that would already cause her pain but it seems that she tore some ligaments around her lower stomach. So I suggest she doesn't move around too much and takes it easy," she explained.

I let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Thank you so much, doctor," I nodded.

"You're very welcome. Oh, and one more thing. Try to keep her very calm, it was probably just because of the pain, but her blood pressure was way above normal," she told us.
"Will do, doc," Garrett smiled.

"Thanks, you can go see Beth now in room four. She's just changing and cleaning up," she smiled before walking away.

"Go," Garrett urged.

"No, you go. I already messed things up enough," I said hanging my head.

"John, if you want to be in her life you have to stop being such a pussy and start showing her that you're not letting her go," he barked.

"Won't I just make her mad?" I asked.

"Dude, she's pregnant. You could make her mad, sad, happy, or hungry," he joked. "Just go,"

"Okay," I said before walking through the automatic doors and looking for room four.

"Bee? Are you ready?" I asked poking my head into the room.

She looked at me and nodded.

I took her hand and walked her slowly out of the hospital. I led her to the car and opened the door for her.

"Good thing I didn't bring my motorcycle, huh?" I joked.

She didn't say anything and just looked straight forward.

I shut her door carefully and walked over to my door. I got in and started the car.

"I don't want to lose you, Beth,"
♠ ♠ ♠
New chaptaaa!! Still in John's point of view. In my opinion he's still a bit of a douche. Love comments :)