Status: Done

Love Will Never Ever Let Us Fall Apart

Now You Are Gone, And I'm Still Here

"Okay, let's get you a bottle," I sighed as I walked into the kitchen.

John had been gone for two weeks already and I was completely miserable. The baby was fussy all the time. He wouldn't sleep for more than two hours at a time and I was literally exhausted. I know it was because he missed John.

I went straight to the fridge and pulled out a bottle. I placed it in a pan of warm water and turned the stove on. I walked over to the table and set John in his high chair.

I leaned against the counter and felt a tear roll down my cheek.

I heard the stove sizzle and whipped my head around. I grabbed the bottle and squirted some of the milk onto my wrist. It was way too hot, so I let out a yelp.

"Fuck," I groaned.

My whining triggered the baby. His bawling turned into a full fledged fit.

I quickly set the bottle down and rushed over to him.

"Shh, it's alright. Mommy's here. Calm down, honey," I shushed him.

I tried to avoid his little flailing arms but they inevitably smacked me a few times.

After cooing and bouncing him up and down for a few minutes he still hadn't settled down.

I didn't know what else to do so I set him back down in his high chair and grabbed his bottle. I tested it again and it was nice and warm so I sat down and started feeding him. Since he was still crying, it wasn't the easiest task.

"Baby, please eat for me," I begged. He still refused the milk.

I set the bottle down and began trying everything I could think of to settle him down.

I tried giving him his binky, I tried playing music for him, I tried making funny faces. Nothing worked.

I pulled out my cell phone and did the last thing I could think of.

"Hey babe, miss me?"

"John, he's been crying and screaming for the past hour, he won't eat anything, and I don't know what else to do," I cried.

"Okay sweetheart, just take a deep breath. Try putting me on speaker," he suggested.

"Okay, there," I said pressing the button.

"Hey, buddy," he said.

Little John looked at the phone and his crying started to slow.

"Oh my god. Keep going!"

"Hey little guy, I miss you. Will you eat something for me bud?"

His tears stopped completely and he stared at my iPhone in awe.

"He stopped," I gasped.

"Haha, do you want me to stay on the phone?" He asked as I picked up the now room temperature bottle and brought it to the baby's mouth.

"Um, well, do you have anything else to do?"

"No, and I really miss you," he told me.

I smiled even though he couldn't see me.

"Bee?" He asked.

"Oh, sorry sweetheart. I miss you, too," I said sadly.

"Bee... I-," he sighed. "I'm so dumb. I shouldn't be on this fucking tour bus, I should be at home with you and John,"

"John, stop! It's your job and it sucks that you have to be away but you're coming back soon," I sniffled as tears started to fall. My tears started a chain reaction with the baby. He started wailing again and I buried my head in my hands.

"Bee? Beth, are you okay?" John shrieked.

"I can't do this," I sobbed.

"I'm coming home," he stated.

"No," I sniffled. "Don't, John. You'd let so many people down,"

"The only people I care about are at home right now and they need me,"

"No, don't come home yet. I... I'll try to figure something out and if I still need you I'll call. I promise,"

"Bee... I don't know. I think you need me now," he said unsurely.

"No, I just need some sleep. I'll be fine, really," I assured him.

"You don't sound fine, baby," he sighed.

"I'm going to be okay. It's just that he cries all the time. He really misses you," I said walking into the bathroom to get away from the high pitched screams.

"I miss him, too. You guys are all I think about,"

"John, I need to go. I love you,"

"I love you, too,"

I hung up and walked back into the kitchen to try to calm John down.

After rocking him steadily for half an hour he started to fall asleep. I tip-toed carefully into the nursery and placed him in his crib.

Then, I stumbled into the living room and flopped down on the couch. I fell into a deep, deep sleep for the first time in two weeks.

______________
"Bee, wake up," someone said as they shook me lightly.

"Nooo," I groaned.

"Come on, Beth,"

"Okay, fine," I sighed.

I opened up my eyes and came face to face with Halvo.

"Oh, thank god you're here!" I exclaimed hugging him. "Wait, why are you here?"

"Johno called me and told me to stop in and check on you and the baby," he explained.

"He did? What did he say?"

"Well, he basically said you were a wreck and he was worried that you might go insane," he chuckled.

"It's so refreshing to hear the truth," I laughed. "Holy shit, it's dark out. How long was I asleep? How's John?"

"All day. And he's fine. I played with him and fed him and stuff. Don't worry, John talked me through it all. But I have to go so I thought I should wake you,"

"Thank you so much Eric. I really needed that," I said walking him to the door.

"It's fine. I love my little godson," he smiled. "But seriously, call me if you need me,"

"I will, thanks," I said giving him another hug before he walked out the door.

I have the greatest husband ever. He's half way across the country, and he still manages to take care of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Stinsopenguin for being the only comment:) come on guysss I have 83 subscribers and only like 25 of you have commented! I just want a few more before this story is over, even if you just say hi, haha. Thank you:) love you all!