Status: Done

Love Will Never Ever Let Us Fall Apart

You Know You Do It Better

I felt something on my chest and opened my eyes. I found Beth sleeping soundly on top of me.

I grinned and moved her hair out of her face. She looked so cute sleeping like that. I could tell that she was dead tired. The baby must have really tired her out.

Just as I thought that, he started crying. I quickly reached over and shut the monitor off so Bee wouldn't wake up.

I kissed her forehead and carefully got out of bed. I got dressed and snuck out of the bedroom.

"Okay little dude, let's give mommy a break today," I whispered as I picked him up.

I checked his diaper and it wasn't dirty so he must be hungry.

I took him to the kitchen and got him a bottle. I tried to feed him but he wouldn't take it.

"C'mon buddy," I groaned.

He still wouldn't drink it and I started to get frustrated.

After a few more attempts I slammed the bottle down and looked for something else to give him.

I found some baby applesauce and opened it just as Bee walked out into the kitchen.

"Hi baby," she cooed to John.

"Mama," he squealed.

"Oh my god! John, did you hear him? He just said his first word!"

"Yeah that's awesome! Say it again, buddy!" I encouraged.

"Mama!"

"Aww, good job honey," she cooed, giving him a kiss.

He giggled again and reached out for her. She picked him up and bounced him on her hip.

"What are you doing with that applesauce?" She asked.

"Well he wouldn't drink the bottle so I was gonna give him this," I explained.

"Sweetheart, he won't drink it cold,"

"Oh... So should I put it in the microwave?" I asked.

"No, you have to put it in boiling water," she told me.

"Oh,"

God, I don't even know how to take care of my own son. I'm such a dead beat dad. I just let my wife do everything.

"John? Are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine. Is there anything else I like, don't know?" I asked.

"Well... I don't think so," she said.

I sighed and sat down at the table.

"Bee, you're a really good mom," I sighed.

"John, what's wrong?"

"I just...feel like a bad dad. I don't even know how to feed him right,"

"John Cornelius O'Callaghan the Fifth you are a wonderful dad and don't you ever think any different," she told me sternly.

"But I don't even know what he likes or his habits or anything," I argued.

"Okay, do you even know how crazy he got when you left? Do you not remember me calling you sobbing? Do you remember how he immediately stopped crying when he heard your voice? He loves you, sweetheart,"

"But I barely know him,"

"No, you just aren't that observant. That's all," she told me.

"Really?"

"Yeah, you've heated his bottles before, you just don't remember," she insisted.

"Wow really? I'm that dumb?"

"Yep," she giggled.

"Hey, that's not nice," I said, pouting.

"I'm sorry honey," she said kissing me on the cheek.

"Johnny, tell daddy sorry," she instructed.

"Dada," he said.

"Did he just say dada?!?" I grinned.

"Dada, dada, dada," he clapped.

"See John?" Bee smiled.

"Mama," he smiled up at her. He started playing with her hair and repeating 'mama' and 'dada'.

"Mama, mama, dada, mama, dada," he said.

We started laughing and I took him from her arms.

"Okay, buddy. Time for breakfast,"

"Mama," he replied.

I just chuckled and started feeding him the warmed bottle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!! :). Okayyy so I'm keeping this going for a little bit longer but I'm reallllllly running out of ideas