Status: Could be Slow

This Is What Brothers Are For

California Gurls

“Katie, wake up!” I heard Jordan say as he poked my ribs.

“No!” I groaned and rolled over. “Ten more minutes.”

“You’re so lazy. It’s summer, we are going to the beach.”

“I’ll be ready to go in an hour.” He left satisfied.

I got up and slowly got into the shower. The water was cold because of the four boys that had already showered this morning.

As I was in the shower I couldn’t help but think about Kyle, my boyfriend. Kyle is three years older than me. He is 6’2 and is the Captain of the high school hockey team. Just like my brothers he has blonde hair and blue eyes and he is preparing to get into the NHL. The only people who know about Kyle and I are my mom and dad. I had to keep him a secret from my brothers but I have a feeling that it won’t be a secret for much longer.

My older brothers are very protective of me. They don’t allow me to date because they know how sick and perverted teenage boys are. Personally, I didn’t date until now because I’m too tall for more than three quarters of the male Thunder Bay population and I’ve seen my friends put everything they have into a relationship and end up getting their heart broken into a million pieces. But to me Kyle is different.

I stepped out of the shower and put a towel around myself. I crossed the hall into my bedroom. I put on my bikini, a pair of jean shorts, and a t-shirt. I brushed my long brunette hair and put it into a high ponytail.

As I walked down the stairs I saw Eric, Marc and Jared sitting at the table eating Lucky Charms. “What did you guys do to Jordan?”

I sat down beside Marc. “He lost the wrestling match so now he’s is packing the car.”

“Jared didn’t lose?” I said. “That’s surprising.”

“Hey! I take offence to that.” Jared argued.

“Well it is true.” Eric admitted. I laughed and grabbed an apple.

“I’m going to go check on Jordan after tragic loss.” I got up and walked out the front door.

When I got to the garage I noticed that Jordan had his head in the trunk rearranging our beach stuff. I ran and jumped on his back, wrapping my arms around his neck. “Gotcha!”

He was surprised and jerked his head up, hitting on the car. “Ouch! What was that for?”

He grabbed his head and I got off his back. “Sorry I didn’t mean to.”

“It’s alright, I’ll get over it. You ready to go to the beach?”

“Yeah, we are just waiting for the other guys to finish their breakfast.” I explained.

Jordan was always the beach baby of the family. He would live on the beach if he could. Now I don’t know if he goes for the actually beach or the girls in bikinis.

Today is a Monday so most of the will be at work and most of the teenagers will be in bed nursing hangover. Hopefully the boys wouldn’t get recognized too much.

Soon after Jordan and I packed the car Eric, Marc and Jared came out of the house. Mom and Dad followed soon after, they old the boys to be careful and watch over me.

All five Staal siblings climbed into the car, Eric driving and Marc riding shotgun. This left me at the back between Jared and Jordan. Marc turned on the radio and Katy Perry’s California Gurls blast through the speakers. “I love this song!” yelled Jared as Marc opened the windows. Jordan started belting out the lyrics and the rest of us were quick to join in.

California girls, we’re unforgettable
Daisy Dukes, Bikinis on top
Sun-kissed skin, so hot
we’ll melt your Popsicle
Oooooh oh oooooh

California girls, we’re undeniable
Fine, fresh, fierce, we got it on lock
West coast represent
Now put your hands up
Oooooh oh oooooh

By the time we got to the beach, I was ready to pull my hair out. Jordan and Jared had sung every song that was played on the radio and they aren’t the best singers in the world. When we got to the beach it was all worth it.