Whisper To Me The Memories

Sushi, Frank and flying Pasta

Mikey grew up to be the most charming brother ever, in a year or two, the family resemblance between him and Gerard grew more evident. Mikey learned how to talk. . .walk. . .he learned how to eat by himself.

13 years later. . .

Mikey's P.O.V

Me and Gerard were walking down the hallway quietly. It wasn't quiet, it was noise that could be heard through every spoken word. I entered the canopy in small silence, right beside my brother who was too busy staring at the food menu. . .

"Pasta, meat or sushi?" Gerard asked me, handing over a tray.

"Sushi." I smiled. Sushi beats pasta. . .what more if pasta beats meat?

Gerard handed down a plateful of sushi for me as he scooped the pasta on his. It looked Italian, it smelled like it too. It was very welcoming, but my nostils and taste buds did not cooperate. Sushi.

I sat down on a vacant seat. it just so happens, that it wasn't only me and Gerard on the small table. Right across of me was a young timid looking boy, he was small for his age, but in a way looked cute.

"May we sit?" Gerard asked, not wanting to sit down yet, he pulled me up and yanked me off the chair. "Sorry, there's no other place to stay. . ."

I looked down, glancing at my toes, slightly embarassed.

"Sure." The boy welcomed, flashing a smile. "I'm Frank, by the way. . ."

Gerard sat and beckoned me to sit as well. "Hi, I'm Gerard, this is my little brother Mikey."

I smiled shyly and devored my sushi slowly. Frank smiled back and hung his head, sipping his drink silently.

Gerard didn't budge though, his eyes scanned Frank slowly. I noticed his curiousity and joined. Frank was kind, very kind and humble, I knew i could grow to like him. He was wearing shoes that looked moth-eaten and a shirt that was way too big, his school bag even looked like a hand-me-down with holes that rats could easily scamper through.

I tore my eyes away as Frank looked at us eye to eye. His face turned red and he seemed to choke on his drink. I felt so embarrased, i turned red as well.

"I'm sorry." Frank whispered, breaking the silence. "I'm not that high ranked, we aren't very rich, these weren't mine either, they were only passed on because we couldn't aff--. . ." Frank stopped, too humiliated to continue.

Gerard stood up, shaking his head. "No, it's not that. And we don't care if you couldn't afford anything at all, if ever you ended up in a squatter's area, we wouldn't care either. We were just surprised to. . .see you, that's all. . .you're new here aren't you?"

Frank nodded slowly, slightly relieved with the response.

"We just moved in, actually, to this school. . ." Frank continued, sticking a fork into the meat.

"Ahh." I said, speaking for the first time. "We'll be your first friends." I tried to smile encouragingly, Gerard smiled with me.

"Thanks. . ." he muttered, blushing subtly.

I shifted into a more comfortable position, unaware that my bag was beside me. . .open. After a split second, my books, notebooks and pencils came spilling down. I dropped my fork and knelt down do gather all my belongings, only too find another pair of hands helping me.

I looked up to find Frank right beside me, clutching my pencils in one hand. "I thought you might need help. . ." He chuckled lowly.

I smiled and stood up, holding my bag. "Thank you. . ." I said, whole heartedly.

"No porble--" He stuttered as he eyes something below the table. His eyes wide-eyed and as he reached for it, i noticed that he was clutching my CD's. . .Metallica, Iron Maiden, and some other band, i couldn't read the title.

"I'd die to get this. . .wow. You listen to 'em to?" Frank was struck with adrenaline as he opened them, carefully, but then. . .he froze. "Er, uh. . may I?" He asked.

"Sure." I grinned. I felt a surge of happiness. I knew that we'd become good friends, especially now that we liked the same music.

"You can borrow them if you want." Gerard hinted from behind. I suddenly remembered that he had the right to do that, it wasn't mine, it was ours. But even then. . .Frank could borrow them. . .

Frank seemed to squeel, I could read his face in had the word "joy" in colorful capital letters. "You sure?"

I nodded, pushing the CD's towards him so they'd be closer. I was about to say something really important as i heard a small splat. It worse. . .because i knew that it came from my head.

I was drenched in pasta and meatballs, and the noodles came slurping down. I gave a low grunt of disgust as the soup came running down my glasses. I heard an uproar of laughter from the crowd behind me. 3 boys. . .aged 15 came laughing, throwing more soup.

Gerard banged his fork stood up and looked at the boys, face to face. The crowd gave a small "oooo" sound but then came quiet as Gerard hissed. I looked at him in horror as he winked.

Gerard gave a "never touch my brother look or else I'll punch you in the face" look, and surely after that, the 3 boys smirked and laughed quietly, but not for long as my brother's hand came flying, punching the first guy right at the nose.

"Wow." Frank whispered. "I wish i had like a brother like that. . ."

Then it came to me. . .

I was proud that i had a brother like him, he'll forever stand up for me. . .and i should do the same to him as well. I loved my brother and i am proud, yes. . .I am proud. . .
♠ ♠ ♠
Not very well written due to my mood. Please comment or suscribe, whatever if it's not too much to ask. There's a whole plot ahead of it though