Whisper To Me The Memories

He takes the Blame

That was the exact day. . .he got scolded. . .

"YOU PUNCHED A FIFTEEN YEAR OLD BOY IN THE FACE!!!" My mother stormed. She looked like she was going to snap the phone in half after the head of the school called.

I wasn't part of this conversation, I was innocently peeking through the small gap between what people call the door and the wall.

"Don't blame me for it mom!" Gerard stood up, defending himself. "They were throwing pasta at Mikey!!!" Gerard was angry, he clutched his wrist on his stomach, which was sore from punching Tom's nose.

Mom sighed. The wrong for the good, as i would say it. "Gerard, i know how much you care for your brother, but violence is not an answer." She tsked.

"THEY THREW PASTA AT MIKEY!!!" Gerard stormed. His face turned so red, mom backed out slowly.

"GERARD ARTHUR RUSH WAY DO NOT TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!" Mom yelled. Mom hated it when we raised our voices, she hated it when we gave a small percentage of disrespect, all moms are like that. . .right?

Gerard huffed and hung his head in a way that showed the misery. Mom looked at Gerard in a way of hurt, she turned her heel and yanked the door open, revealing me. I cringed and pretended to "just about to knock", she didn't even notice me, she walked past me and looked at Gerard.

"If you want to discuss this, do it when you are more properly behaved, Gerard." She snapped, slamming the door behind her.

I walked past her quietly as she stormed out of the room, her feet were so heavy, and heavier as her footsteps hit the staircase.

I rushed towards my now crying brother, head hung and pale faced. This was all my fault. . .

"Oh, Gee. . .I'm so sorry." I cried, hugging him as the tears stained my shirt.

"Who said it was your fault?" He mumbled.

"Me. I've been such a jerk in school, I've made enemies who tried to humiliate me, and you just defend me then you take the blame. . ." I sniffed.

"Don't be like that, Mikes. . .you've seen all the proof in the world already, do not defend yourself any farther." He hugged me encouragingly and ruffled my hair teasingly. . .just like when we were kids. . .

I smiled.

"You like that don't you?" He grinned, then he ruffled my hair again. I started to feel like a dog, but I smiled anyway, making him chuckle lowly.

I stood up slowly and ended up rumaging through his desk searching for something that'll cheer him up. . .aha and i found it. . .

a pencil and a sketchpad. . .
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, is short. It needed to because If I'd get caught ---- I'm grounded. I'll edit it soon, I promise.