Status: Feeling the Water :)

A Marauder's Tale

Giggly Gryffindor's

Chapter Eleven
Written By: Green Raspberries

“ . . . I shall have that 12 inch essay on my desk in three days.” Snapped the Professor, “If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. You now have ten minutes to start that essay, I trust you can get three inches done in that time, perhaps more.”

The professor then gracefully leaped into the air, landing gently on her desk as a refined tabby cat.

Sirius had not been paying attention to the mindless chatter of the Marauder's as they put the final touches on the annual back to school prank they pulled after the first day back. Sirius Black had been staring at the girl in the front of the class who looked as though she was a deer caught in the headlights thank to her massively sized eyes.

Clarity, unlike everyone else in the class had actually pulled out her roll of parchment and settled it in the middle of her desk, she quickly placed her ink pot and quill to the right. She dipped her quill delicately in the ink and began scratching the parchment looking thoroughly engrossed in what she was writing.

Sirius could picture her elegant cursive, the ending letter of each word flicked out in a graceful manner.

Someone knocked into his desk and quite loudly apologized while putting a hand on his shoulder.

“So sorry, Sirius.” Said the giggly voice and it was almost crystal clear that the accidental bump into his desk was clearly not an accident but a ploy to get his otherwise occupied attention.

“Malory. It's fine.” He said quickly and looking anywhere but her face.

“Oh, I'm sure there is something I can do to make it up to you.” She said, a pout on her lips. Sirius knew that this girl was quite attractive and anyone would be proud to sport her and parade her on their arm, it was her witch of a personality that was her Achilles heel.

“No, it's quite alright.” He said, once again, shortly, “If you'll excuse me I've got to start writing my essay.”

“Sirius Black? Actually accomplishing school work?” She laughed a haughty laugh that caught the attention of Clarity.

“A right laugh, huh?” He smirked, he seemed to perk up as soon as he knew the Doe was looking at him.

“Never a dull moment, Sirius. I'll catch you later.” She sent him a meaningful look and he threw her a lazy wink in return.

It was then that James rounded on him.

“You would never touch her, Sirius. Are you sick or something?” James pressed a hand to his friends forehead in a mocking fashion.

“Get off me.” Sirius laughed, it sounded like a bark to Clarity who had caught the entire exchange from her spot in the front of the class.

The boy, Sirius, was handsome she thought. Although he seemed rather chauvinistic and egotistical for her liking.

Clarity watched as the girl, Malory, walked back to her group of giggly Gryffindor friends and proceeded to pick apart the whole exchange like a science experiment. Clarity was a girl and yet she felt like she would never understand them.

She couldn't wait for her free period after lunch so she could sneak a swim.