Status: Feeling the Water :)

A Marauder's Tale

Swimming

Chapter Fourteen
Written By: Green Raspberries.

“Swimming, swimming, swimming.” Clarity sang as the potion worked in her system, making her so happy she was intoxicated by it.

She dragged James to the lake and began to dance her way to the beach.

“Seriously, what is wrong with her?” Peter asked the three who were staring at her in almost a trance. When he looked to see what they were starring at he got an eyeful as he watched Clarity dance.

Her moves were so fluid and delicate she reminded each of the boys of water.

“Common boys!” She laughed, her blond hair blowing wildly in the wind. She started to laugh hysterically as she dipped her single big toe into the lake.

“What a great swim.” James laughed sarcastically.

“Just you wait, you little bugger.” Clarity smiled, her laugh died on her lips as her entire form seemed to fade away and turn completely to water. Sirius, James, Remus, and Peter watched as she Willed and standing at 5'2 was water in the perfect shape of Clarity. Then it dropped into the Black Lake and all that was seen every once in a while was the distinct form of Clarity Cohen made of water.

“What.”

“The.”

“Fuck.” Sirius finished. James an Remus looking at him with the slightest but of awe.

“Seriously guys. I'm getting out of here. That isn't normal.” Peter Pettingrew said, his less than peaky form trudging back up to the Castle in a hurry.

“Wow, I didn't think Wormtail could try and walk away from us without spontaneously combusting.” Laughed James. “I could start to like this girl, not as much as our dear Sirius here, but never the less.”

They heard a laugh like ringing bells and watched as Clarity's water form hovered above the Black Lake's depths.

“Join me, won't you?” She slurred, dropping into the water.

“Clarity, come on back. We can go . . . eat cake.” Said Sirius, watching as she glided back up to the three boys who watched as she solidified before their eyes.

“Call me City. All my friends do.” She smiled and wobbled on her feet. Sirius caught her before she toppled over and she beamed at him, making Sirius wobble on his feet. He had never seen her smile before and it was heart shattering.

“Come on Padfoot!” James laughed as he whispered to Remus, “Before he falls head over heels.”

“Too late.” Snickered Remus.

“I could use a hand you toss pops.” Said Sirius, who was supporting a very intoxicated Clarity Cohen. “That means you two.”

They hurried over, laughing at the nonsense that Clarity was saying.

They had put City to bed in the Gryffindor common room after many failed attempts to get into the Hufflepuff commons. They asked many Hufflepuff's where there common room was and no one would tell them, claiming that they were only being loyal to their house.

Bullocks in Sirius' opinion.

Now the boys watched as their new friend City fell asleep against Sirius who was looking rather uncomfortable with the blond in his lap.

“Sirius, come on mate. It's not like you haven't been in this position before.” Laughed James, noting the miffed look on his friends face. “Plus, this time you actually like the lass.”

Sirius simply went red in the face and let out a breath of air that seemed as though he had been holding for a while.

“As much fun a taking the mickey out of Sirius is,” Said Remus, “I would like to know what happened today out in the Black Lake.”

“She sure isn't normal.” Said James, regarding the doe eyed beauty. “Honestly, I think it's wicked.”

“She would make a great asset to the team.” Said Sirius, “Better than Wormtail, anyway. Hell, Frank Longbottom would make a better Marauder than Peter.”

The boys cracked up at the joke and when they settled down Remus spoke in a low tone.

“Better asset then a werewolf.”

“Hey, you are the best asset on the team!” Shouted James.

“He's right you know! Together we are the trifecta.” Added Sirius. “Each as fucked up as the next.”

Thy laughed for a while as the fire crackled and died down with the laughs. People filed in from dinner which they all missed and headed up to their dorms after taking inquisitive looks at the Hufflepuff who was passed out in Sirius Black's lap.

“It's late, we should probably go to bed.” Suggested Remus, “We have class tomorrow.”

“What do we do with the alchy?” Laughed James. Flicking a strand of City's blond hair away from her face.

“Take her with us.” Said Remus. “We can't leave her down here, she's gunna wake up and wonder what in Merlin's pants happened!”

Remus blushed at the mention of Merlin's pants. James and Sirius pretended not to notice for their friends sake.

So James used his wand to levitate the girl up the boys dorm stairs, muttering 'shit' as he guided her head in to the banister.

“Smooth.” Smirked Sirius as he opened the door to their dorm. He saw that Peter was already in bed and that there really wasn't anywhere for City to sleep.

“Where are you going?” Asked James when he saw Sirius going over to Peter's bed.

“To kick this lump out of bed. He can sleep on the floor, give the Rainpuddle his bed for the night.” He said simply.

“Why don't you give her your bed?” Asked Remus, coming out of the bathroom have already changed into his night clothes.

“Because it's mine.” He said as if it was the simplest thing in the world, “I'll just put the plug in the bathtub and pour her in there.”

Sirius smirked at his own jab but dispute his words he put her in his bed, he then shifted to his animangus form and curled up on the end of the bed, ignoring the knowing smirks from his two best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Back from the cottage. Please, comment an sub if you'd like.