Status: Feeling the Water :)

A Marauder's Tale

Problems

Chapter Sixteen
Written By: Green Raspberries.

It was the week before Christmas break and everyone was a buzz with all the excitement of getting, getting, getting.

Clarity wasn't really that excited ever since her dad had gone missing. Though he wasn't really missing was he? No. He was in a perfectly controlled environment. Controlled being the operative word. Christmases for Clarity and her mother was just bitter memories.

That's why she was currently writing her mom, explaining that she had an extra credit essay due in her potions class that made it absolutely essential that she stay at Hogwarts for the break.

However, she would send her mother a Christmas gift because there was a scheduled trip to a nearby village, Hogsmead, where she planned to find her mother the perfect, 'I'm sorry that I am blatantly lying to you, but I really just don't want to go home' gift.

“Hey Evans!” Shouted a voice, trying to get the attention of a redhead standing beside Clarity. The Girl turned to her friend and scoffed, rolling her eyes so intensely that Clarity thought it must have been painful.

“Prongs. Seriously, let it go. Never going to happen.” Said the arrogant voice of Sirius Black. She should have know he was near by because where one Marauder is, three more are waiting in the wings.

“She'll come around. I can feel it.” Said James, beaming at the girl who was now looking rather flushed. “HEY! City!”

Clarity felt her eyes widen as she remembered with distaste that she had told each of the Marauder's that they could call her that.

She peered at the four from behind a curtain of her blond hair, which was straight for the visit to Hogsmead. She was bundled up in a large pea coat however, she was wearing a skirt with patterned stockings and that made her shiver as she tried to avoid the gaze of the Marauder's.

“I can still see your massive eyes, even underneath all that hair.” He joked, throwing a careless arm around her shoulder. Her small frame swayed under the added weight.

“How are you feeling Rainpuddle?” Sirius quipped. Throwing his arm over her other shoulder.

Remus and Peter walked on either side of them as they followed the professor down the snowy road.

“A lot better if you got off me.” She muttered, having to slouch.

“No can do, Hotstuff. You see, by the looks of that skirt, or lack there of,” He eyed her legs, “You are cold. Don't want you to freeze, although I do like a nice ice cube in my firewhiskey.”

“Oh honestly, you mangy dog. How could you not possibly have anything better to do than to bother me?” She questioned, a part of her curious as to why the Marauder's had chosen her to harass.

The three Marauder's, save for Sirius who was looking rather embarrassed, started to laugh.

“Mangy dog!” Gasped Potter. “You seriously hit the nail on the head!”

The rest of the way there the boys continued to poke fun at each other and occasionally Clarity, who in return stared blankly at them, but in Sirius' case she just tripped him and stared while he fell face first into the the snow.

“Common! Let's go to Zonko's!” Shouted James, who dragged Remus in one arm, and Clarity in the other. Clarity stopped in her tracks and watched as James and Remus were pulled back.

“I don't recall saying I was going to accompany you.” She said, crossing her arms over her chest. She turned on her heel and left.

“Women.” Sirius muttered, James cocked his head and smiled. They ran into Zonko's only to come out a half hour later with their arms full of bags.

“Look, it's City!” Said James, “I really like her you guys. She's not all over us like everyone else. Plus, who doesn't like a good looking challenge.”

Sirius did a double take, he was staring at the girl she she walking into the hogshead with her arms full, but with books instead of jokes.

“Lily?” Questioned Remus, as they followed City into the bar, notorious for serving minors.

“Is that even a question?” He laughed noting that Sirius was eying him and waiting on his answer, “I like City in a completely different way than I like Lily.”

“Different.” Sirius pressed, trying to sound nonchalant.

“I like one, but I love the other.” He said, smiling warmly at Sirius who was now looking piggishly at a couple of young witches as they walked by. They looked back and giggled and Sirius took that as an open invitation to join their conversation and leave the three other boys to walk into the pub without him.

“Moron.” Murmured Remus, as they walked into the Pub. He sat down next to Clarity who looked surprised at their appearance but smiled when she noticed that it was only the three Marauder's.

“We lost Padfoot to some well endowed witches outside.” James laughed, poking Remus. They ordered five butterbeers and one firewhiskey shot for Sirius. Clarity smiled widely, and the three boys watched her with interest.

Clarity was beginning to get used to these boys. Hell, she was starting to like them. That was a problem for her.