Status: Feeling the Water :)

A Marauder's Tale

Aqua

Chapter Two
Written By: Green Raspberries.

Clarity stood on her balcony. Watching the sun set, casting a swarm of orange and pink to cover the grassy hills of her home.

She had been on her way downstairs to the back door, wishing to be covered in the suns warm rays as well, but her trip had been cut short, when on her way down the stairs she heard her mother enter the manor.

She gracefully hopped back up the stairs, back into her room, and shied as far away from the door as she could manage.

“Miss?” Came a quiet voice.

Clarity turned towards the voice and raised her eyebrows in acknowledgement. The Houselves were used to this because Clarity never talked to anyone anymore. Unless she was meeting them for the first time, but she never even left the house anymore except to swim in the lake on walk on the grounds.

Clarity always had the most unusual connection with the water, she respected it and all who dwelled in it's depths. Aurora had made a wand crafted perfectly for her daughter on Clarity's eleventh birthday; Rosewood a sturdy yet light material. It's core was a rare, mermaid scale and hair mix, and for added benefit, the wand itself was marinated, soaked completely for a year in mermaid blood, which is what gave the wand the unique blue tinge.

Aurora shared a secret with her daughter, one that only the two of them would ever know. They could bend themselves and will their bodies to become one with the water.

The skin and bones that held their frames together would melt away to water, their blood and organs too. The silken blond hair they possessed would flow as crystal clear h20.

Their whole beings were pure water.

Clarity relished in the memories of her skin turning to aqua, her hair running like a waterfall. However, her thoughts were broken as Pixie continued to speak.

“Your mother has requested your presence in the dining room.”

Clarity simply smiled her thanks and sought out an appropriate outfit. Her mother had not called her for dinner in a week. They ate separately and contently in the presence of only themselves. Often Clarity would skip dinner and go for a swim.

Sometimes she loved the fact that she couldn't keep her human form after she'd touched water. That meant that once in a blue moon, when her mother did require her presence at dinner, Clarity could 'accidentally' spill water on her front and have to dash out to the pond before her form melted to a simple puddle on the floor. Her mother couldn't be mad at a simple accident, could she?

Once Clarity had put on the conservative blue dress, she regarded herself in the mirror. Her long blond hair that reached her mid waist, was nice, her hips slim, her features delicate. The one thing she hated about herself more than anything were her massive eyes. She had these huge blue eyes that covered most of her face, she reminded herself of a bug. Clarity stared at herself until she could bare no more and ripped herself away from the mirror.

She made her way down the Grand Hall stairs and glided in to the dining room where her mother sat, perched on the edge of her chair.

“Evening, City!” Called her mom, running to engulf her daughter in a hug. Clarity hugged back and sat beside her mother. Looking at the selection of drinks. Looked like her mother had spotted her trick because there was nothing to drink on the table.

“Mother,” Clarity spoke lightly, and her mother gasped in shock. Aurora had not heard her daughter speak in the longest time. She stopped her hands which were busy scooping mashed potatoes on her plate. She wanted no noise while her daughter addressed her. “I'm going to the kitchen to get a drink.”

Aurora's face fell. Her daughter speaks for the first time in ages and it's 'I need to get a drink.'? Aurora supposed she had built up the fantasy about her daughters first words since her father had left.

“Actually,” Said Aurora quick to the punch, “Rosie will get you something won't you Rosie?”

The House Elf smiled to Clarity, “Water, Miss?”

Clarity nodded, smiling.

“In a sippy cup, would you Rosie? My daughter is rather clumsy.” Aurora gave her daughter a pointed look while Clarity had streaks of pink gracing her pale face.