Status: Feeling the Water :)

A Marauder's Tale

Late

Chapter Seven
Written By: Green Raspberries

Clarity wondered whether or not she was considered a first year. Should she follow the giant man, or follow James and his friends discreetly?

She didn't want to get in a boat she was too big for and sit amongst excited eleven year olds, because firstly, she wasn't eleven. Secondly, she wasn't excited.

“First years this way!” Called the man again.

Clarity stood at a fork in the road, she figured the embarrassment of arriving in a small rickety boat with first years staring up at her was less embarrassing then getting lost going with the student's who actually knew where they were going.

Sirius Black watched the girl stand on the road, watching the first years get ushered onto the boat, and the second to seventh years getting on the carriages. He held back a laugh as she pouted and stalked over to where the first years were being herded.

He watched her walk over to the boat, look around, and jump in the water.

He stopped dead in his tracks. She jumped in the Black Lake? Who does that? She could get hurt, she could drown, she could be pulled under by the vicious merpeople, or the giant squid!

He ran over to where she jumped in, yelling, “HEY! What are you doing?”

But she never resurfaced.

James, Remus and Peter had all made their way over to him now, looking around at the people who were now staring at him yelling at the water.

“Padfoot, people are starring.” Peter squeaked, twiddling his thumbs.

“But she - she jumped in!” He said indignantly, “Didn't you see her?”

“Who?” Asked Remus, elbowing James in the side, who was laughing at his friends episode.

“Clarity!”

“Mate, she's probably just on the boats.” James reasoned, looking behind them, “Look we're going to miss the carriages.”

Sirius looked over his shoulder at the lake one more time. He was sure he saw her, he even saw the ripples in the water where she had jumped in. If she did jump in, she was a goner.

Clarity loved the feeling of Willing. It was her peace, it made her feel whole. She kept pace with the boats as they approached the school. She weaved in between the Giant Squids tentacles that were pushing the boats and she laughed.

When the boats landed on the the shore, Clarity waited in her Willed form until the First Years had cleared and were entering the Castle up ahead.

If anyone were too look out at the Black Lake at that very moment, they would have seen the water rise up to about 5'2 and form a resemblance to a human body, suddenly skin encased the water and a blond girl with huge eyes was standing where the water had been.

She ran up to the entrance, holding in laughter, Willing always gave her some sort of a natural high.

As she entered the Castle to her right she noticed that up a set of stairs a great door was just closing. She doubled up the stairs and peeked through the door. There were a mass of student's dressed in the same robes she was wearing. They were seated at four tables, Clarity figured they were sorted by House, and at the very front of the room was a long table, Dumbledore sitting in the middle, he caught her eyes and winked.

She opened the door and walked up to where the first years were already being sorted.