Status: Feeling the Water :)

A Marauder's Tale

Moving In

Chapter Nine
Written By: Green Raspberries

Clarity looked around the room. It held a certain charm, she had to admit. It was donned in yellow and midnight black. Complete with fat armchairs and various mahogany desks, a crackling fire and cozy shag rugs. There were two staircases winding upwards on opposite sides of the room, one was labelled 'girls' and one was labelled 'boys'.

She glided up the staircase on the right and set her gaze upon seven rounded hallways. Each one was labelled respectfully from left to right First Years through Seventh Years.

She made her way over to the second last hallway and went on a search for the door that held her name on the plaque beside it.

When finally she found it she gazed upon the other three names.

Depa Patil
Magenta Brown
Dolores Umbridge

“Here we go.” Clarity breathed in deeply and opened the door.

She saw that the girls had already unpacked because three out of the four beds and desks had looked lived in.

Each bed was four poster and only one by the far end of the room hadn't been touched, each bed had an accompanying mahogany desk beside it. There was also a bathroom by the far corner where giggling high pitched voices were coming from.

Clarity gave the room one last sweep, looking at the three bedspreads in various shades of pink, the desks outfitted with pink quills and scented parchment. Then she looked at her bedspread, which was textbook yellow and black.

Clarity walked over to her bed and noticed that she could see her new roommates gathered around each other in the bathroom. They were all wearing their nightgowns which were silk or lace and they were gushing over them.

“Dipa, that looks so expensive and gorgeous!” One voice shrieked, letting out a giggle after she spoke.

“No, Mage, your looks so nice.” The girl complimented her back, “We should be able to wear these to classes!”

“Dolores, that pink is down right exquisite.” One said, to the girl who had a matching sleeping mask and pink bows in her hair.

“I'm going to down right vomit.” Clarity grumbled under her breath. There was a squeal from the bathroom and a dark skinned girl with a pixie cut, wearing a deep purple slip skidded out of the white tilled bathroom.

“Is that our new roommate?” She giggled, “Clarity Cohen?”

“Is she here?” Called another one, both of the girls following suit and running out of the bathroom.

“We are so excited to meet you. I'm Magenta Brown, that's Depa, and that Dolores. We're your new roommates.” Said the girl, who was wearing a green face mask.

Upon Clarity's silence the girl called Dolores started to speak, “We're going to be your family for the next two years. However us three have been family for the past four, but we're willing to make room.” The girl in all pink giggled, and the three girls linked hands.

Clarity merely stood and stared at each of them, with one long bored stare. Then she turned back to her desk and continued to pile her books and quills and parchment.

“Well, I never . . .” Delores trailed off, the three girls turning away from Clarity and back to their hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe. I know I haven't been updating a ton or anything but I am just starting to get back in the swing of things and since I just finished my Damon Salvatore story I am now focussing completely on this story and another Harry Potter story called Lost in Tranquility < check that gem out if you please.