Status: Does anyone still read this? Because I'm willing to try and finish it if so.

Just Another Reason I Could Never Forget You

Chapter Eleven

“Mrs. Henderson?”

I looked up from my notes to see my history teacher holding up a yellow pass. That was the one that meant I was supposed to go see someone in the Assistant Principal’s office. Great…wonder what I did now? Standing up, I made my way to the front of the room and took the pass, a blank expression on my face as I looked at the paper. What on earth could somebody in the ap’s office want me for?

Walking out of the room, I headed down the hall towards the office section of the school. It wasn’t that big of a school after all, and my history class just happened to be located about fifteen feet away from the room. When I entered the office, Mrs. Mazar looked up from her desk and gave me a small smile, pointing towards one of the many vacant chairs in the room. After signing in, I sat down and waited, wondering what on earth I had done that could have landed me here.

As I waited, my eyes roamed around the room, taking in all kinds of details. For example, the carpet actually had a pattern on it; you just had to look at it for a while before you saw what the pattern was. There were pictures of students all over the place, ones that had some kind of award. It was interesting seeing all of the different people that were really at every school. I looked at Mrs. Mazar’s desk, my eyes tracing the grain pattern in the wood. It was all simple things, things that most people would just look right past.

“Jericha? Mr. McCusker will see you now.”

I stood up and gave her a shaky smile as I went over to his office. When I opened the door, Mr. McCusker looked up at me and gave me a grave smile. Uh-oh…this can’t be good. Well obviously not, because he’s sitting there with a very grim look on his face. Oh shut up…it could be anything. Yeah, but it’s probably not something you’re going to like hearing. Shut up….self.

“Come in, Jericha. You may want to have a seat.”

Yeah, definitely not gonna like this. I told you so.

I sat down in one of the chairs across from Mr. McCusker and bit my lip. What on earth could he have to say that would be bad enough that I might fall over.

“Your father was in an accident about thirty minutes ago, Jericha. As far as I’ve collected from your mother, he was on his way to work when a drunk driver t-boned his car. He’s in critical condition in the hospital. She wanted me to tell you so you could decide whether or not you wanted to go see him.”

Speechless. That’s the only word that could be used to describe me as I sat there staring at my principal. I was completely speechless.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, this is extremely short. I'm not too sure how long this is going to be. I will say that I have a good portion of the climax written. It's just waiting for it's right time and place in the story.

I'm not even sure any of you are keeping up with this and reading it. So...until I get some sort of feedback telling me whether or not I'm wasting my time writing this, I'm not going to post anything else of this story. Kapiche?

I still love you guys times infinity though! (: ♥