Status: Does anyone still read this? Because I'm willing to try and finish it if so.

Just Another Reason I Could Never Forget You

Chapter Fourteen

The rest of that week was relatively slow. Nothing exciting seemed to be happening and I only got to hang out with everyone once. Since Zack and I were the only two single people, we were a bit left out because the others all had things planned. And that one day consisted of us sitting in Rian's basement playing Mario.

It is finally Saturday and I have absolutely nothing to do. The guys have a show tomorrow night, so they are spending the morning practicing. Me? I had some French and US Government homework, but that only amounted to about an hours worth of work.

I had just plugged my straightener in and turned it on when I heard my phone go off. Who on earth is texting me at 9 in the morning?

Zack Merrick : Hey. So I know this is random but I was wondering if you wanted to come over later and watch a movie or something?

I eyeballed my phone, wondering if this was a trick or not. Maybe he really was a decent guy. Maybe you're falling for him. Shut up... self. I don't need your crap today.

TO : Zack Merrick Yeah, sure. What time?

Zack Merrick : Really? I thought you'd say no.

TO : Zack Merrick Yeah, really. I though about saying no. But I'm bored.

Zack Merrick : Sweet! Does five work for you?

TO :Zack Merrick Mhm. I'll be sitting out front waiting.

Zack Merrick : Alright. See you at five, Jericha.

I tossed my phone on the bed and went to stand in front of my vanity and straighten my hair. The only problem I've ever had with straightening my hair is the fact that it is so thick. It never wants to stay straight and it would be a miracle if I ever managed to get it to curl right. The last school dance I went to, it took me nearly three hours to get my hair to curl, and that was only after lathering my hair up with sprays bobby pins. Needless to say, I really don't attempt to curl my hair often.

When my hair was straight, well as straight as it was going to get, I pulled my makeup bag out of one of the drawers and set it in front of me. I pulled out my black eyeline, my gold eyeliner, and my mascara. Simple, yet it made my eyes go from bright blue to a very shocking shade. I've had people tell me that my eyes look like ice cold fire before. That in and of itself is wickedly cool.

Why am I getting all dolled up just to go hang out with Zack? Because you like him dipshit. Not again...why are you always popping up when I talk to myself? Because I'm your obviously more sarcastic and logical self... duh. Ugh... whatever.

It seemed like I was constantly arguing with myself, which probably is a sign that I'm going crazy. But honestly... I'm not I'd care all that much. It just depends on what kind of crazy I am, I guess. Maybe it's a hereditary thing, this constant arguing with myself. After turning on my computer, I began doing some research to try and figure out more about myself.

<->

I've spent the last seven hours doing research on hereditary diseases and conditions, trying to figure out whether I'm just a black sheep in my family or not. Between the computer and constantly asking my mom questions, I discovered that a lot of the women in my family argue with themselves. Actually, some of them argue with multiple selves. Yeah, apparently multiple personality disorder is common in my family. Awesome, huh?

I looked at the clock and sighed. I had two hours to get ready to go to Zack's house. The major problem I had was choosing what I wanted to wear. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to impress him. Not at all. Rather, I was trying to save myself the hassle of him hitting on me or trying something. So I rummaged around until I found my gray skinny jeans and then grabbed a plain white v-neck shirt. Putting on my black flip-flops, I stretched and smiled at myself in the mirror. I felt comfortable, and everything was damn near trick proof. Now, I just had to find a way to waste another... hour. Joy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm...so, this is definitely...a shock, hopefully. If you all predicted this, then I'm scared. I don't want ya'll knowing the ending already, aside from what I've mentioned already. So yeah, feedback like comments and critiques are greatly appreciated. I want to know what you guys want to see here.