Status: Does anyone still read this? Because I'm willing to try and finish it if so.

Just Another Reason I Could Never Forget You

Chapter Three

It’s only the first weekend of school, and I already feel like my head is going to explode. There is at least four hours’ worth of assignments for all of my classes sitting in my bag, and I have a party to prepare for. It’s really crazy, if you ask me. Apparently, since summer just ended, we aren’t supposed to be able to enjoy the nice weather before it fades into snow.

I collapsed on top of my bed, my back hurting from carrying all of the huge ass textbooks I’d need home with me. English, US Government, French, Calculus and Bio II all in one weekend. My mom told me I shouldn’t have loaded up on such big classes, but I didn’t listen to her. Once more, I bit off more than I could chew. Now I was going to have to deal with the consequences. At least I had a party to look forward to tomorrow night. Oddly enough, it was a party at Jack’s house, meaning Zack would be there because Jack and Zack were best friends. That was really the only thing that worried me about going though.

Grabbing the remote for my iHome, I hit the play button and smiled as Dance, Dance by Fall Out Boy began playing. Ahh, the pleasure of being able to relax in my own room and blast my music as loud as I wanted. It was Friday, so my mom would be at the office for another hour or two, giving me plenty of time to sit around and be lazy.

See, my mom has this thing where she has to be moving constantly. Or at least part of her has to be moving constantly. She simply can’t stand it when she is forced to sit still for more than an hour at a time. When she sees me sitting on my butt doing nothing, she gets all panicked and makes up something for me to do, like put up the dishes, or take the trash out. Something that she could do herself, but wants to see me do. It puts her at ease, seeing everyone and everything mobile.

My eyelids were drooping from the lack of sleep I’d been getting the past few nights, and I knew a nap was in order. I stayed up until nearly one every morning doing my homework, only to wake up at six to get ready for school. Zack’s constant teasing had me on edge at school, and then I’d get home and start the routine over again. Not to mention my mom and dad were having phone arguments every night about who should have custody over me. Between all of this, I ended up being one sleep deprived teen. It was pitiful.

My eyelids fluttered open and I groaned, burying my head in my pillow while attempting to go back to sleep. When my body began waking up and telling me that I was not only hungry, but had to use the bathroom, I gave up and rolled over so I could see the clock. My mom was home now, because my music had been turned down and there was the faint smell of beef stew floating up the stairs to my room. Mmm, my favorite, I thought as I sat up and ran a hand through my bright red hair. It was a tangled mess from sleeping there were multiple groans and grunts of pain before I managed to detangle my hand.

After a short break in the bathroom, I stumbled into the kitchen on heavy legs and sank into a chair at the kitchen table, looking over at my mom in a confused manner. She raised an eyebrow before bringing a bowl to me and smiling.

“Long day at school today, dear?”

I grunted in reply, gaining a laugh from her at my unladylike conduct. But this was always how I acted when I first woke up. She nodded as she watched me eat my food in silence.

“I’ve got at least four hours of homework to do before Monday. I’m not looking forward to it. On the plus side, I got invited to Jack’s beginning of the year party. It’s tomorrow night,” I said as I stood up and rinsed my bowl in the sink. My mom sat there for a minute, her mind playing back everything I’d said before grinning. This couldn’t be good.

“We’re going to get up tomorrow and go shopping! I want you to have a gorgeous new outfit to wear tomorrow. One that will make all of the guys look at you!” she said, giggling much like Nichole and Belle would. It looks like they’d rubbed off on my mother after all.

“Mooommm! Why? I think my black halter top and skirt will work just fine dammit. Besides, I don’t know how long I’m going to stay. Zack’s going to be there…” I said, trailing off at the mention of his name. It was almost like a cuss word in this house. My mom usually just referred to him as ‘that kid’ whenever we talked. He’d just become that kind of a topic.

“Fine….fine, you win. I just want you to have some fun tomorrow. Forget about…Zack. If he gives you any problems, then just walk away from him,” she said before kissing the top of my head and going upstairs. I grabbed a can of Dr. Pepper before going upstairs myself, shutting off the lights as I went along.

Grabbing my laptop, I logged onto aim and scanned the list, hoping to find a familiar name on there. The only online person from Maryland was Richie, the best gay guy ever. He was probably talking to his boyfriend though. I looked down the list and smiled as I spied Jack’s name.

Jerri-Berri
Hey (:

JackAttack
Jericha!
Whats up?

Jerri-Berri
Not a whole lot.
Kinda just sitting in my room wishing it was tomorrow already.
What about you?

JackAttack
The same.
Do you want me to send one of the guys to get you tomorrow?
Alex said he had some errands to run over there anyway, and that he’d be more than happy to stop by.

Jerri-Berri
Aww, that’s sweet.
I’d appreciate it (:

JackAttack
Alrighty! I’ll text him to let him know.
Or would you prefer I gave him your number?

Jerri-Berri
Number’s fine.
I just don’t want Zack having it, y’know?
I like being able to sit at home and not worry about him.

JackAttack
Yeah…I don’t know why he’s still acting like this.
It really isn’t like him.
You know who to come talk to if starts messing with you too much tomorrow though ;)

Jerri-Berri
Mhm!
Alright, I’m gonna get off and go to bed hun.
I’ll see you tomorrow!

JackAttack
Night Jericha

Jerri-Berri
Night Jack
JackAttack has logged off.

I smiled at the computer screen for a moment before closing my laptop and setting it on the floor and sliding it under the edge of my bed where I knew it would be safe. My iHome was still playing music, because I had neglected to turn it off earlier, but that was normal for me. I turned off my bedroom light and laid down on my bed, sighing as I lay on my side, staring out the window. The moon and stars were bright tonight, and I wished I was laying on the beach looking up at them.

Curling up in a ball, I closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber, knowing I would need my sleep if I was to be able to function properly at all tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
So....I like this chapter a bit more, because it's not such a filler chapter (:
And I feel like I'm on a roll haha.
So...do you guys all really like this?
Is there anything you think needs work?
I like hearing from you all, and I would definitely take into consideration anything you say as I continue writing chapters.
EDIT:: Do you all like the layout I made for the story. It's my first attempt, so it isn't the greatest...but still...