Sequel: Returners

The Company

Final Chances

“I’ve called you all here to tell you the news. Tomorrow, I’m leaving. I didn’t tell anybody much because I didn’t want you to wallow in pity. This pretty much means you, Jess.” Jess looked about ready to cry. “I will be back though, this is the main thing I can’t stress enough. I will be back to see you all again. To boss you around, and to keep you on your toes. While I’m gone, Morgan will be in charge. Don’t give him grief, I know he’s not as good as I am, but he’s gonna do his best, so that’s okay.” He opened his desk drawer. Out of it he pulled 4 oddly-shaped packages and gave one to each of us. “These are very, very special. Not something you find every day. Now.” He clapped his hands. “Clear off! I’ll see you all tomorrow, 9am sharp. Good night.”
“No way, you are not getting out of it that easily!” The normally quiet Janto spoke up. “There’s a tradition on earth, a last meal sort of thing…”
“Oh, drinks!” Jess squeaked.
“Yeah, you can’t go without a drink!” Morgan bellowed, grabbing him and pulling him right out of his chair.
“Ha, I was waiting to see who’d make me drink.” He nodded at Janto. “Well, will you all open you’re presents?” he looked ecstatic. We all pulled the paper off. I looked around. Morgan was holding onto a black, finger shaped rock and looking adoringly at Justin. Jess was holding some kind of Nanotechnology and tearing up. Janto had an oddly coloured box. He put in into the deep folds of his jacket and smiled at me.
“Are you going to open your present?” He asked innocently.
“It’s a chain.” I looked at it. It should have been a lot heavier than it was.
“Keraliaon. Nine rare metals, forged lovingly in the pits of Malchik.”
“It almost killed me to give her that.” Justin muttered to Morgan. He chuckled.
“I was hoping…that you could put the pendant on it.” I smiled and fished it from my top pocket. “I couldn’t ever find anything pretty enough to put it on.” He took the chain and the pendant from me. I found Jess, Justin and Morgan all looking intently at me. I suddenly remembered something I had read. “Wait… Malchik…those are the wedding pits!” I looked stunned.
“Yes. They are.” Janto stepped up to me and clipped the necklace around me neck. It was a comforting warm metal, and I could feel Janto’s breath on the back of my neck. I hoped I was right. I hoped that I hadn’t read wrong. “Megan May Harkness. Will you marry me?” I stood, rooted to the ground. Then a smile broke out on my face.
“Yes Janto. Of course!” He covered the distance and kissed me.
-
“Farewell, my friends.” Jess flew up to him and hugged him so hard, I thought he would pop. Justin smiled at us all. “Jess…Janto…Megan. Can we have some time alone?” he motioned to Morgan.
“Of course.” Jess hid herself down in the office. I peeked out through the window.
“What are you doing?” Janto asked.
“I’m watching.” I said, with a smile on my face.
“For what?” He looked at me expectantly.
“You’ll see.”
“Remember the Queen Dreagus?” Justin mused.
“Oh, god yes. That bastard.”
“We almost died that day.”
“You got bitten in half!” Morgan laughed. “Thank god you’re not human.” The humour left both of their eyes.
“I’ll miss you, old friend.” Justin said with kindness.
“Do you have…”
“I have to. I’ll be back one day, Morgan. I just don’t know when.”
“I got you something. Megan said it’d be a nice parting gift…” Morgan handed him a plastic bag. Justin rifled through it.
“Figurines.” He smiled. Thank you Morgan. Now I can show them how far the human race has advanced. With my help.” He grinned.
“I was sure you’d like it.” Morgan tried to smile, but it gave up before it reached his face.
“Good bye Morgan.” Justin turned to leave.
“No. Wait.” Morgan spun him around. “I can’t let you go without ever doing this.” He pressed his lips upon Justin’s.
“That’s what I was waiting for.” I smiled at Janto. He smiled back at me and wrapped himself around me.
The transporting light came down and bathed them both in blue-white brilliance, until Morgan was left quite alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
But wait...
Whats that lassie? Timmys found a sequel?

Yea. And it's better than this. =D