Status: Completed

You Are the Best One, of the Best Ones

The End.

June 26th, 2010

James paced back and forth behind the counter. It had been two years since he had heard from Lea. He constantly thought about her; he could never push her out of his head.

Lea and her family had already missed the ball, and they hadn't been back the year before, but James knew they'd be back.

They had to.

He watched the floor as he turned around, took five steps forward, then swung around again. His head began to swirl and he felt dizzy.

Finally, James couldn't take it anymore. He let out a gutteral yell. The people in the lobby turned and looked at him, but he didn't care. He grabbed his coat and ran out of the hotel. The beach, he needed to go to the beach.

He got there, and he felt like a kid again. A little boy, just waiting for some adventure to sweep him up and out.

So he could live.

James walked along the beach, not caring that his Converses were getting sandy. He stayed on the beach for hours, until the sky turned orange, with hues of pink. He stood and watched as nature worked its magic. He sighed, feeling as if the sight was too loveydovey and not fit for people in heartbreak.

He turned to the cliffs, and there she was.

Lea.

James blinked, trying to tell if it was real. If she was actually there.

Could she...?

He scrutinized her and then walked up the hill, trying not to run. Not to yell, not to cry, not to laugh. He reached the top and stood in front of her.

She stood frozen. Her pink lips parted, and her eyes shone.

James walked forward until there was but a little space inbetween them. He looked at her questioningly, and she smiled, then grabbed the back of his neck and pulled his lips down to hers.

Lea pulled away and whispered against his lips, "I love you."

The three little words that James had been longing to hear.

He resisted the urge to whoop and leaned down to kiss her. Because it had finally happened. Lea was his.

Lea was the best one of the best ones.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)