In a Heartbeat

In a heartbeat

I remember it clearly. I don't think I'll ever forget it because it was the moment that made me realise I could never live without him by my side.

We were sat in our lounge with the curtains closed and the fire on. I was snuggled into Gerard's lap with my head resting on his chest, listening to his heartbeat and letting the rise and fall of his torso soothe me. He was holding a book up, reading intently but still stroking up and down my arm with his fingertips, giving me goosepimples.

"Gee?"

"Yeah sugar?"

"What would you do for me?"

He put down his book and looked at me, frowning a little.

"What do you mean?"

I sat up so I was straddling his legs and looked straight into his gorgeous eyes. He moved his hands to the small of my back and stared at me with his head tilted slightly to the side waiting for me to speak again.

"I mean how far would you go for me? What would you do?"

When he didn't speak straight away I wasn't sure he was going to answer. He looked at me lovingly and I smiled a little as a bigger grin spread accross his face. He pressed his lips to mine, kissing me softly and catching me off guard. By the time I started to kiss him back he pulled away, licking his lips.

"Anything and everything sugar."

I suddenly found myself extremely shy and I was amazed that he could still do that to me after 4 years of us being together. I lowered my eyes to my hands that were curled around his hips and tried unsuccessfully to hide my blushing cheeks. I couldn't believe I was blushing. I felt like a complete idiot but instead of laughing at me he lifted my chin so I was looking at him and smiled again.

"You're so beautiful Frankie and I love you with all my crazy little heart. You know that right?"

I just nodded and smiled back as he tucked my hair behind my ears.

"So would you do anything I wanted in the bedroom?"

I wiggled my eyebrows at him and licked my lips exaggeratedley, making him giggle like I loved.

"Without a doubt you big slut." He earned a bite on the nose before I continued.

"Would you eat your own arm?"

"Yes."

"Would you live on the streets for me?"

"In a second."

"Would you lead a life of crime?"

"Definately."

"Would you hurt people for me?"

"Absolutely."

"Would you kill for me?"

"Without hesitation sugar."

"Would you die for me Gee?"

"In a heartbeat."

My insides were close to exploding each time he answered because even if he simply stayed with me I knew it would be so much more than enough.

"Same."