Seize the Day

The Day He Left

I closed my eyes.
I knew what I had to do.
Their after me again.
Once they find me I always had to leave
Drop every damned thing and leave.

This time it was going to be hard. I was packing my stuff quickly and messily. I didn't care at this moment anymore I have to leave my family, my beautiful wife and and my baby girl Ani. Six years I was okay, now I just have to pick up and leave. My wife and daughter would be killed because they knew me and came from my seed.

"Hon, what are you doing?" I didn't answer, I couldn't. It would be too hard. I felt tears slick down my face as I kept packing. My wife looked into my eyes and saw the tears. "No Matt, you can't do this to us!!"

I just closed my eyes and let the tears fall and the pain worsen. "Look Baby... Clara, I'm sorry I have to go, I have no choice." I told her as she grabbed my arm. I looked at her crystal blue eyes puffy and red.

"Can't we work this out?! What did I do?!" She cried. "I'll do anything to keep you just don't leave me?! Don't leave me and don't leave Ani..! Matt..!!!"

I shook my head.

I zipped up my duffel bag and walked over to my daughters room, with Clara at my heels the whole time begging me not to leave. I kneel ed next to my five year old baby girl, I kissed her forehead.

"Bye Daddy, I'll see you 'marrow!" Ani squeaked with joy and innocence.

"No Baby. Not tomorrow. Daddy's got to go away for a long time." I kissed her forehead again. "Ani, I want you to remember one thing your whole life, if you never see me again. Okay?" I asked, she nodded getting a little teary eyed. "I love you so much. I always will. If I had the choice I would have never leave you, but that's not in my authority. Maybe one day I'll see you again as a beautiful young woman... but I wont watch it become."

I grabbed her under her arms and hugged her tightly. Her tears stained my shoulder. I pulled back and took my gold chain off my neck, with the two pendants on them. One a silver dream catcher with real turquoise stones woven in the metal strips. The other was a small gold circle, on one side it said 'Have Strength if the world', and on the opposite side it said 'Seize the day.' I placed it around her neck.

"DADDY!!!"

"Shh," I shushed her. "I'm sorry I'm leaving you, but don't forget be strong, and be yourself. Just don't whatever you do, don't forget or hate me... this wasn't my choice. You'll understand...one day." I caressed the pendents. "The catcher is for luck and the other is for strength, you'll member that right?" She nodded tears falling from her dark lashes. I kissed her forehead and stood.

Ani latched onto my leg. "Daddy!" She screamed. I scooped her up and walked to the front door. "DADDY!!!"

I handed Ani to my wife but Ani didn't let go. She was still screaming my name. Clara yelled at me. "You have your only child screaming for you! Can't we work something out?!!"

"DADDY!!"

"No Clara, we can't, maybe one day and not anytime soon." I whispered. This was so hard, I kissed her cheek and placed my hand there.

"Damn you Matt, damn you to hell!!" Clara now growled. "If you leave now, I'll - I'll never forgive you!!"

"I know Baby, but I have to take that chance. And one day I'll tell you and and hope I can get you back and hope you'll understand." Tears slipped from my eyes again. I pecked her cheek once more then turned my back to them.

If I looked back now, I'd be sucked back to them and end up loosing them a much harder way. This was the hardest thing I've ever done. Leaving my beautiful wife and my baby girl Ani.

I just have to have the strength of the world on my shoulders and to seize the days I cherished with them...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry with all the song titles I was just listening to them and they fit sorry..
gott I feel that this is so repetitive ...
well any way comments! much loved!