Status: WORKING ON IT

Meanwhile in Chicago...

Nine

I wouldn’t have lied if I said I waited for Katey to leave only ten minutes later to realise I left my keys at Patrick’s. I knocked on his door and his face dropped seeing me. “What are you here to yell at me again?” he asked me.

“No. I left my keys here.” I said looking to the ground.

“Oh.” he said thrown off. He let me in and I went to look for them. I couldn’t find them for the life of me.

“Can I ask you something Patrick in all honesty, and in the view of just someone else besides me?” I asked him.

“Yeah, shoot.” he said looking for my keys too.

“Why did you ever want from me?”

“I don’t know, but Eurotrash I really do like you.”

“Like me how Manwhore?” He let out a laugh.

“In the way as if Katey didn’t walk into the door I probably would have taken an advantage of how you feel about everything. Being a manwhore you know how to get what you want.”

“But what do you want?” I asked him as I stopped looking for my keys.

“I wanted you, and I don’t think for just a night either.”

“Oh really?” I raised my eyebrow and sat on the couch.

“Eurotrash can you understand stand something for the sake of us ever going to try and make this easier on you?”

He sat next to me on the couch and put his hand on my knee.

“What is that Patrick Kane?”

“That no matter what I’m gonna fuck this up somehow. That I don’t understand what you see in me that makes you run back for more all the time. That you are the only girl I’ve ever met that never let this go and didn’t give a damn about who I am. I do so much shit in my life that lands me in hot water and here you are. You are so nice and you really do try to find the best in me when I know everyone thinks I am the biggest scumbag in the world.” He said looking at me.

“Patrick...” I said looking at him.

“Lizzie, you need to stay away from me. I will do you more harm than good in whatever I do. If you care about something you enough you have to let them go. Stop trying to fix this okay? I know deep down in that heart of yours you see me as a good person. You have to face reality and realise that isn’t me anymore. I’m who I am now. I’m Patrick Kane. The guy who beat a cab driver over twenty cents and can’t keep his shirt on in a limo to save his life. You are the best girl in the world, and whatever guy gets you is the luckiest person in the world. If I stay near you, I will ruin you. If I ruin you, that is something I would never forgive myself for.” He said looking at me. Tears just streamed down my face. I couldn’t control them. It was effortless.

“I... I don’t know what to say.” I said looking at my hands. He pulled me closer to him and he kissed me. One last time. The kiss was gentle and sincere. I broke down Patrick Kane, just like Patrick Kane broke me down.

I left his condo that night for more than likely the last time ever. I walked out of his building and I hopped on the Red Line up to Wrigleyville to go drink my sorrow away. I picked a bar at random. I sat at the bar and I just drank shots of straight rum. I wasn’t in the mood at all for fancy drinks.

Rum was beyond gross straight by the way. I never recommend it ever. “Miss?” the bartender said.

“Yeah?” I said looking at him

“The man over there want to buy you the next round of shots.” He pointed to some guy across the bar. My vision wasn’t that great when I was in the midst of being drunk off my ass. I just nodded my head, and I drank the four shots over again. I was feeling so sick.

“You know how to drink don’t you?” the person said. I knew that voice... I looked and I saw Brent Seabrook, my fucking luck.

“Oh god I must have hockey player bait written all over me.” I said to him. He just laughed at me.

“You ran into somebody before?” he asked me.

“Yeah, I have Patrick Kane. Persistent mother fucker, let me tell ya.” I said taking a shot again. “God this tastes like shit.” I said downing another one.

“Oh he is crazy about a some girl right now.” Brent said.

“Oh really? When was this you talked to him?” I asked him taking another shot.

“About a week ago. It was funny how they met. Some girl got his number and sent her friend to meet him----”

“---- and she showed up. They went to Navy Pier to watch the fireworks.” I said staring off into space remembering everything.

“Oh shit you are that girl?” Brent said to me.

“Yeah that’s me. I hate your team mate. I want nothing to do but choke him.” I said taking shot. “God this is so fucking gross.”

“What happened if you don’t mind me asking? You did something that made Patrick go insane.” Brent said.

“Let’s see. He called my friend and called me a hook up. I flew off the handle with him. I screamed and cried at him in a public setting. My friend decided to come to Chicago to fix it, but she really just ruined it because the greedy bitch doesn’t know how to say no to him. Patrick was playing her the fool, while still trying to get with me. Needless to say I was okay with everything and on my own merry old way, and then Patrick calls me. He stole my number from my friends phone. I called my friend screaming at her thinking it was her that gave him my number. Needless to say, my best friend is no longer my friend with what we said to each other. Well it was mostly me that said everything. I feel bad about that. Then Patrick calls me up to come over. I said yeah sure like a fucking idiot. I go there and almost sleep with him, but my stupid ex-best friend shows up. I guess she was gonna go over there to fix things for me, but our screaming changed that.” I said.

“Oh wow.”

“But wait the best part! She comes dressed up all wannabe fierce bitch. Only I can really pull off fierce bitch. I mean my nickname is Eurotrash H&M is European. I’m obviously the only one that can do this shit.” I said taking another shot. Brent just smiled at me.

“And anyway! She shows up. I’m half naked. She says rubbish I don’t really care about. Her argument is totally invalid half the time. She told me they made out for a few minutes yesterday. I got angry and stormed out. You wanna know why?” I asked him.

“Why?”

“She wasn’t even suppose to be in Chicago. I didn’t know she was here in the first place. I mean sure I was crying like a baby over Patrick Kane, because he treated me like a piece of shit. However, I don’t need rescuing from my best friend. She was the one warning me the WHOLE time don’t stuck under his stupid bullshit, mind you he is quite the bullshitter, but I don’t have to tell you that.” I said taking my last shot.

“Kaner knows how to fuck up doesn’t he?” Brent said to me.

“Oh yeah. Then he gave me this BS excuse of I need to let you go I’m gonna ruin you blah blah blah. Fucking pussy.” I said just taking his beer and take a sip of it. “ANOTHER ROUND OF SHOTS PLEASE! VODKA PLEASE!” I yelled at the bar tender. I just looked at the shot classes around me. Fuck I already did about 15? I think....

“How are you still able to sit?” Brent said. “Patrick can’t even drink that much.”

“I’m Polish. I drink with Europeans all the time. It takes a lot to get drunk. I’m drunk pretty bad right now, but these last five shots we’ll call it night for me.” I laughed. “Please join me.” He sat next to me at the bar I got my shots and gave Brent one. He took one and smiled at me.

“Prost! Verpiss dich Patrick Kane!” I said raising my shot glass and downing it down.

Mmmmm Belvedere.

“I never seen you sober, but I can see why Kaner went crazy for you.” He said.

“How so?” I asked him.

“Because you live in completely different world than he does or anyone in this bar. Look at you and look at them. You aren’t like them. What girl in this bar is gonna be able to down around fifteen shots and not die or puke all over the place. Kaner kept going on about how this girl wasn’t like anyone he ever met in his life. He said her Eurosnobbery was the most appealing thing about her. You are gorgeous too. I bet you drove him crazy.”

I just started to laugh uncontrollably. “I like you Brent Seabrook. You don’t bullshit me.”

“I’m a no bullshit kind of guy. I think after tonight you should start fresh. You don’t want to deal with Kaner, trust me. You seem like too much a nice girl for him. You seem like a lady Tazer would bring around not Kaner. You want Tazer’s number?” I just started laugh.

“Let me finish these shots.” I said. I did shot after shot, and once I was done I just wanted to fall off my barstool.

“And I’m gonna make sure you get home.”

“Fuck I left my keys at Patrick’s. What time is it?”

“almost two in the morning.”

“FUCK THE TRAIN STOPPED.” I said really loud.

“Well I’ll call Kaner and we’ll go get your keys and I’ll get you a cab home.” Brent said. He stood up first and I stood up next and that is when I just fell. “Oh my god are you okay?!” He said bending down to help me.

“My fucking arm hurts so fucking bad right now.” I said. He picked me up off the floor and held me by the waist, and walked out with me slowly. We got into a cab and I just so tired I wanted to go to sleep.

Brent grabbed his phone and put it on speaker phone.

"Why are you callin Seabs?" Patrick asked.

"Do you have Lizzie's keys?" Brent said.

"No I can't fin---- wait a second why do you know Lizzie?"

"I met her at a bar. She is really drunk and well she missed her train home and I don't know what the hell to do with her."

"Ugh... Bring her here if you don't want to deal with her. I'll get her home." Patrick said.

"Patrick..." I said almost starting to cry.

"Eurotrash are you okay?" He asked me.

"Patrick I love you!"

"Oh god she is so wasted..." Patrick said.

"Why don't you love me?" I said.

"Seabs she isn’t gonna handle a ride home. Bring her here. How much did she drink?"

"I had almost two dozen shots of vodka and rum." I said.

"WHAT!" Patrick yelled.

"How is she not dead yet?" Brent said looking at me.

"I am Polish your argument is invalid." I said sticking out my tongue.

"You can't let that stay in there make her puke or something." Patrick said.

"Fuck you I'm not puking!!!" I yelled.

"Ugh she is gonna die..." Brent said.

"No I won't. I'm just really tired." I said half asleep.

"Stay up Eurotrash!!!" Patrick said panicking, but it was all too late. I was in dream world or I just blacked out. I started to wake up when I was being carried someone and heard talking.

"Is she okay?!" I heard Patrick freak out.

"She should be okay." Brent said handing me over to Patrick. I smelt the faint smell of his cologne and I his heart beating. Patrick set me down on something comfy.

“Lizzie wake up.” Patrick said. I wanted to wake up, but something wouldn’t let me open my eyes. This never happened in my life. He shook me and I wouldn’t move. “Lizzie come on you are freaking me out. Seabs she isn’t waking up!”

“Put her in the shower. Water should wake her up.” Seabs said. I felt Patrick put his ear to my chest. “Is she even alive?”

“Yeah she is breathing.” Patrick said. “Lizzie come on.” I started to hear the panic in his voice. I wanted nothing to do, but wake up and make him feel better. I didn’t like hearing the distress in his voice. He shook me a bit harder this time, but nothing seemed to wake me up. I felt him pick me up and was set in the bathtub. I felt water splash and I opened my eyes.

“Oh god you woke up.” Patrick said.

“Patrick...” I said looking at him.

“Oh god don’t ever fucking do that again. You scared me.” His blue eyes were staring into mine.

“I don’t remember how I got here. I don’t remember anything.” I said crying. I woke up and didn’t remember anything. It wasn’t Patrick in front of me that made me cry it was the unknown of what I did to get there.

“I’ll leave you alone.” Seabs said walking out of the bathroom.

“Here come on I’ll get you into dry clothes.” he said. I tried to stand up, but something in me wouldn’t let me. “Here I got ya.” He said picking me up from the huge tub. He grabbed the towel and wrapped it around me and picked me up again to only bring me to his room. He went into his walk in closet and brought out some clothes. I went to do the buttons on my shirt and I couldn’t even undo the first one.

“Patrick. I can’t get my buttons undone.” I said trying so hard.

“Okay I got it.” he said walking over to me and sitting next to me. He slowly got the little buttons undone on my blouse, and I even noticed him staring at the same bare skin he was staring at earlier that day. He was so gentle this time, though. I tried to get out of my shirt but failed miserably, and once again it was Patrick helping me again. I wasn’t capable of doing anything when I was that drunk. Ten minutes later, I was dressed in dry clothes Patrick just sat on his bed and looking at me. I crawled onto his lap and put my head on his chest. I felt safe right there. “Don’t ever do that again Elizabeth. Don’t ever go up to Wrigleyville by yourself and drink yourself half to death. One more shot and you could have been dead. When I said I don’t want you near me I meant I didn’t want around me not dead. I thanked god Seabs was there.”

“I’m sorry Patrick.” I started to cry again. “I’m so drunk and I want it to go away. I want to wake up, and everything be back to normal.”

“Tomorrow you’re gonna wake up and be in the worst pain possible, but don’t worry you’re staying here. Someone needs to watch you. I’m pretty sure we should have brought you to the hospital.”

“I’m fine. I’ve done this before. I just never passed out the way I did. I heard everything you were saying, but I couldn’t wake up. It was scary.” I said. I was shivering so bad right now.

“Are you cold? Can you breathe okay? Do you have alcohol poisoning?” he was freaking out again.

“No! I’m fine. I’m good. It is just the air conditioning and being wet a little doesn’t mix.” I said.

“Oh.” He said He pulled me closer and I was starting to warm up.

“Manwhore I’m tired. Can I go to sleep yet?” I asked him.

“You can do what ever you want.” He said getting comfy on his bed.

That night I fell asleep being held closely by the one person I wanted to be by in that moment in time. There was something about Patrick that not only drove me crazy, but also made me feel safe. Let’s face it, my life was in shambles right now. My best friend was no longer a best friend. The person I was crazy about didn’t want anything to do with me. I drank myself almost to death. Things weren’t so great right now. I was broken record right now, and I didn’t know what to do.

However, none of that mattered right now. All that mattered was that in this moment I content with this hole I dug myself into...
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS PEOPLE. THEY ARE AWESOME.
just sayin~