Status: WORKING ON IT

Meanwhile in Chicago...

One

I felt him staring at my chest. I felt him staring me down. I felt my hands starting to shake. I probably shouldn’t have showed up.

“So why was your friend on the East Coast texting me?” He asked me.

“I don’t know...” I said looking at my fingers.

“How did she get my number?”

“Me?” I said looking up.

“How did I get your number? Did I sleep with you before?” He asked me legitimately.

“NO!” I said in shock. “You don’t know who you sleep with?!”

“No?” He said confused.

“Oh my gosh.” I said really this time at a lost for words. He didn’t see any wrong in that.

“Really though how did you get my number.” He asked me.

“My friend gave it to me. How she got it I don’t want to know. All I know is that I didn’t want your number for anything so I gave it to my best friend. I didn’t think she was gonna text you. I apologise for that it is a total invasion of----”

“Whoa calm down. It is just a phone number. Nothing huge.” Patrick said smiling that devious smile/grin. I had to but up the walls up with this guy. I was such an easy person to get, and I’d be the first to admit. Compliments and being a smart ass was something that always worked on me. I was the worst person to bring into this situation. “Do I get your name?” He asked me. “I don’t know it. You know mine.”

“I’m Elizabeth.” I said.

“How proper. They don’t call you Lizzie or Liz, like I’m Patrick, but people call me Pat.”

“You can call me what ever you like.” I said.

“So what did your friend exactly tell you?” I felt him eyes on chest again. I was gonna kill him.

If there was on thing that I hated about guys the most it was their eyes and how they would stare at my chest. I knew they were nice, but please stop staring at my chest. “Stop staring at my chest Patrick.” I said looking at him. His eyes shot back to me.

“Sorry it is just I can’t figure out if they are real or fake.” My mouth dropped and I stood up to leave. “Wait no!” He said getting up to grabbing my hand.

I turned around and looked at him with a glare. “Patrick you aren’t at a bar right now, where a majority of girls wants to sleep with you. It doesn’t work like that.”

“Then why are you dressed the way you are? A pair of short shorts and tank top would have done you awesome.” I just looked at him. “How about we go to Navy Pier tonight. They have fireworks tonight.” Patrick said. “I’ll buy you ice cream or a beer.”

Why did he want to hangout with me?

“I don’t know... I just kind of---”

“You can’t pull that shit on me, you know who I am. I can’t do anything stupid, because I have a image to uphold.” He said.

“Yeah a shitty one.” I mumbled.

“Hey I heard that! I see you getting all sassy now. I’m making you frustrated ain’t I?” He asked me.

“No!” I spat back. “Stop trying to press my buttons you sex fiend!” He just started to laugh his ass off.

“Ouch my ego.” he mocked me.

“Making me frustrated won’t make me like you.” I said. We started to head to the Michigan Avenue to catch a cab to Navy Pier.

“Oh let me guess you like the guys that are phony and compliment you and that are sweet? If I knew any better by the way you dress you love foreigners with funny accents.” He said teasing me. “Your waiting for some French guy aren’t you?”

“UGH! Patrick shut up.” I said getting a cab for us. “Don’t beat up this cabbie okay?”

“Touché” He getting in first and grinning at me. I don’t think this “arguring” we were doing was helping my cause of getting out of here anytime soon any better.

“Where too?” The cabbie asked.

“Navy Pier.” Patrick said. I went to my phone and texted Katey.

Text to: Katey
I’m going to Navy Pier with Patrick... WHY DID I AGREE TO DO IT?

Text from: Katey
WHAT!? WAS THAT YOUR IDEA?

Text to: Katey
NO! He is making me want to choke him. I hate him except not rly. HE IS KIND OF CHARMING IN A GROSS WAY.

Text from: Katey
LIZZIE KEEP DOING WHAT YOURE DOING!

Text to: Katey
But I don’t want to. I want to go home. He is trying to get me to sleep with him. Not happening sista~

Text from: Katey
Yeah don’t sleep with him yet. You sleep with him now you’ll never see him again.

Text to: Katey
I’M NOT GONNA SLEEP WITH HIM EVER.

“Oh you’ll sleep with me one day.” Patrick said cocky.

“Stop reading my phone!” I said throwing my phone in my clutch.

“Oh come on Lizzie why don’t you see this is one strategic game for everyone. Katey get to tell stories and text me. I get to meet pretty girls like you. I don’t see anything about that.” He said looking at me.

“If that is your compliment that is a shitty one.” I said. “I hate indirect ones.”

“Wait hold on let me do this accustom to how you are used to them...” He said clearing his throat. “Mon Cherie your beauty is of Paris at night. Your eyes like big bright stars in the night sky.” He said in a terrible French accent. I hit him and shook my head.

“Oh so French isn’t you thing. You seemed like the French type.” I just looked at him.

“I don’t know what you are trying to hide Lizzie whatever your last name is, but you have I’m cultured written all over you. One of those Americans born on the wrong part of the Western Hemisphere type. If I buy you an American beer will you be offended?”

“Patrick...” I said looking at him.

“Do you even drink beer fancy pants? Do I need to buy you a proper drink? Champagne or wine?”

“Patrick...” I said getting on my last nerve.

“I mean it isn’t like I can’t afford it. You lucked out on this!”

“Suck a dick.” I looked out the window at the city passing by me.

“Feisty!” He said. I was on my last nerve. The cab stopped and I went to go pay and Patrick did.

“Can you give correct change please? I don’t want to get sent to jail.” I said. The cabbie just laughed at me and handed Patrick his change.

“You are just soooo funny.” He said getting out of the cab and helping me out.

“Are we gonna go in a limo next?” I asked him.

“Oh yeah except this time you’ll be losing your clothes not me.”

“I beg your pardon?!” I said in shock of what he said.

“Oh you are so easy to get riled up!” He said smiling.

“Because you such a womaniser! You think just because you are Patrick Kane that means everyone wants to sleep with you!”

“I’m Patrick Kane and no matter what I do people will still love me.”

“I don’t know about that Patrick.” He grabbed my hand and laced fingers with me. It didn’t feel right.

“I won this city a Stanley Cup. I’m loved no matter what I do.” he said looking at me.

“True, but not true at the same time.” We walked into the Navy Pier and saw all the people filling the pier. I felt some eyes on me and some stares. It wasn’t something I was comfortable with at all. “People are staring at me.”

“Staring at us. Remember who you are with, Lizzie. You aren’t gonna get off easy will you?” He said holding onto my hand tighter.

“People staring don’t bother you?”

“You get use to it after awhile. They don’t bother you as much when you are with someone. The general public think it is rude. I get off easy, because I’m with a girl. No one wants to ruin a date or something.”

“Oh.” I said looking down to the ground to not want to see the people staring at me.

“You’re shy aren’t you?”

“I prefer not to be stared at all the time. It is uncomfortable. I mean sometimes it is okay, but like I don’t know all the time would drive me crazy.” I said rambling. Oh god I was getting to mushy. GUARD UP.

“Oh see you got all sentimental! You should do that more often.” He smiled.

“How about no.” I said. We walked to a beer stand right away and we got two beers. He even got me an imported one and we walked around with our beers on the pier. I hated beer. I forced myself to drink the nasty drink. We found a spot to sit for the fireworks. The music started up and we started to watch them go off in the night sky. It was pretty with the perfect black background of the lake. I was drinking my beer and I just looked beside me at Patrick who was caught up in the display of fireworks he didn’t realised I was staring at him.

I didn’t hate Patrick Kane. I didn’t love him either. He was just some bonehead hockey player to me. He was some guy I thought that was gonna try his hardest to try to get into my pants. Someone I have had to build up wall around myself so he was never gonna get into my pants. However, the realness of him kind of made me well... Attracted to him. He wasn’t ugly to me. His blue eyes were amazing, and when he talked his lisp and weird New York accent was kind of cute. His sometime obscene comments and back talk to my sass was intriguing to me.

The things he also observed about me was not very far off. I did love everything foreign, and I was use to European men and their funny accents saying endearing things to me. I didn’t hate American boys it is just they weren’t interesting like people from somewhere else in the world. However, Patrick was interesting to me. I think it is because he lives in such a different world than anyone I know. His world was something I didn’t comprehend. I knew he was “famous” and he was scumbag hockey player to most, but part of me wanted to believe there was something else in this person I’ve maybe only known for an hour.

There was something about Patrick Kane that was making want more time with him to figure him out. I was an open book. I was obviously very predictable. The only thing I knew about Patrick was that he thought more with his dick than his brain. It was obvious.

My brain was getting whacked out and it needed to stop. I stopped staring at him and I started to watch the fireworks again. I was drinking my beer and I looked over again and I saw Patrick staring at my face, and not my chest.

“Hi.” I said quietly and smiled.

“Hi.” he said grinned. MELTING TO THE FLOOR. The fireworks ended right then and there and we looked up at the grand finale real quick. Kaner was more interested in staring me down than the fireworks in the sky.

“Come on.” He said taking my hand once they were over.

“What are we doing now?” I asked him.

“We are gonna go do something I’ve never done before in Chicago.” he said.

“What is that?” I asked him as he led me through the crowd after I finished my beer.

“This.” he said. We were by the ferris wheel.

“You’ve never done this before?” I asked him.

“Nope. I never in my life did this before.” He said. “Have you?”

“I’ve lived here my whole life of course I have.” I said. We got tickets and waited in line and the stares were more frequent than they were than when we first got here. I still was holding his hand and we were just silent when we were in line. When we got to a certain part in line they take your picture and Patrick and I just looked at each other. We smiled and then they gave me some card thing.

“We are so tourist it isn’t even funny.” Patrick said looking at me.

“I know, but it is fun to act like one sometimes. I know I do.” I smiled. Smiles were becoming contagious, because we smiled way too much right now. When we got on the ferris wheel we sat next to each other. We got higher and higher on it we saw the city lit up and it was truly one of the prettiest things you can see at night. I was paying attention to city more than I was Patrick.

“I can see my house from here.” Patrick said. I let out a giggle. I gigged... “I think one beer got you a little loose, Elizabeth.”

“Nah. I’m fine it just beer makes me.----” Then it happened I burped so loud I couldn’t hold it in. My eyes got so big and I covered my mouth.

“Oh my god Lizzie!” He said in complete shock that happened.

“Beer makes me burp. That is why I don’t drink it!” I said completely embarrassed at what happened. I turned about 20 different shades of red. “I’m so sorry that was so---”

“Awesome. I will give you props on that. I don’t even think any of the bros I know could pull a burp off like that.”

“Thanks...” I said just disappointed in myself.

“Whoa Whoa Lizzie don’t get down on yourself. Things just slip up.”

“It isn’t very lady like to burp like that!” I said.

“Calm down, prissy pants Its me here. I don’t think we really care about manners.” Patrick said trying to make me feel better. “ I like that you can burp. No joke. Every girl I ever run into rather die than have me hear them burp. Just don’t puke.”

“I would never.” I said. “Lightweight I am not.”

“Oh really?” He said raising his eyebrow.

“Yup and I don’t puke.”

“Eurotrash.” he said.

“Thanks.” I rolled my eyes. When the ride was we got out, and he grabbed my hand again. We went to where the picture thing was and Patrick looked at the picture of us. It was actually kind of cute. I heard my phone ringing. I looked at the screen...

Katey

“Hold on Patrick I gotta take this call.” I said going away from him for a second and picked up my phone. “This better be good Katey...”

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING OVER THERE LIZZIE?!” Katey was yelling.

“I’m at Navy Pier thank you very much. Everything is okay. I still have my underwear on.”

“Good keep them on. Remember Lizzie, no getting googly eyed.” She said to me as I turned around and saw Patrick taking a glance at me.

“I think it is a little late for that. Katey he isn’t anything like people think he is...”

“Oh god do you hear yourself?! GUARD UP ELIZABETH!” She said using my my full name.

“But I don’t think he is trying to trick me. This isn’t the Patrick Kane we are use to seeing. There is more to him than being drunk all the time. He is okay with just one beer in him.”

“Oh god you are drinking?! No Lizzie. No more drinking! That is just gonna compromise any rational thought left in your brain. Leave as soon as you can. You can’t handle more than you already have tonight.”

“I’m okay! I got this. Everything gonna be okay. This is me we are talking about! Not some idiot.” I tired reassuring my friend.

“Yeah, but we throw hockey and guy in front of you and you throw everything out the window.”

“Not true!”

“Oh god I didn’t throw in the money factor either! LIZZIE GET OUT OF THERE NOW!”

“No! I got this! Patrick is coming over here I gotta go bye!” I said hanging up and saw Patrick by me. “Sorry about that.” I said to him.

“It is okay.” he said. “Here. Here is a souvenir.” He handed me a little picture and I smiled.

“Thank you.” I looked at and it was kind of strange, but a good strange.

“So what do you want to do now?” he asked me.

“I don’t know. The last train back to my neck of the woods come at like 11 so yeah.” I said.

“Well I can take you to your train stop, because by the time we get there it is gonna be 11.” he said.

“Okay that works.” I said. We walked off the pier and to another cab, and it was a quiet ride to the L stop. He was holding my hand. I was looking out at the city in front of me.

“It has to be cool living in the city city part of town. All the tall buildings and lights.” I said.

“It is really cool. I like it.” He said looking out the window. When we got out of the cab that night and to my L stop it was awkward.

“Do I get to see you again?” He asked me looking straight into my eyes. My heart was starting to race.

“Maybe.” I grinned at him.

“It is not nice to give false hope.” he said. “Meet by the river walk in front of Trump Tower on Saturday night. Dress like an American.” He said. I let out a laugh.

“Saturday is my birthday.”

“Well then we’ll have to make it special.” He gave this smirk. We inched closer to each other and then it happened.

He kissed me. I jumped away.

“I gotta go... My train is gonna get here.” I walking up the stairs quickly and tripping and completely eating the stairs. Ouch.

“You okay?” He said.

“I’m just klutzy.” I said playing it off cool. I walked up the rest of the stairs. When I got up to the platform I realised I never got the time. I walked over to the edge of the railing and looked to see Patrick still there. “Patrick! What time on Saturday? You never told me.”

“Oh right. Eight!” He yelled back.

“Okay! See you then.” I said blowing him a kiss and disappearing from his sight. When I hopped on the L that night I just sat there and thought of what was going on.

I was either digging myself into a hole or this was gonna be amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are very appreciated.