Status: WORKING ON IT

Meanwhile in Chicago...

Three

“I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR!!!” I said freaking out while video chatting with Katey before I started my journey back to Chicago to see Patrick. “Dress American? Like the fuck if I know what that means!” I said throwing all my clothes all over this. 


“Shorts and a DECENT shirt.” Katey said to me. I grabbed something from my closet and changed in my bathroom real quick and showed Katey. “WHAT THE HELL LIZZIE NO! Are you trying to get Patrick to jump you? That shirt screams I’m low stare at my rack, and those shorts scream They are so short stare at my nice ass I got from figure skating. NO ELIZABETH NO!”

“Then what the fuck am I suppose to wear?” I asked my friend.

“Pens shirt and shorts.” She said.

“WHAT NO THAT ISN’T THE SLIGHTEST FIERCE! That is the Penguins, not the Hawks!” I said.

“Oh dear god... Lizzie American. WE ARENT AIMING FOR FIERCE. NO KANER!” She yelled at me.

“Okay okay...” I said grabbing what I was instructed to wear and went on with getting ready. An hour later I was in the spot I was suppose to meet Patrick at and I was there by myself. My heart was racing. I was there early and then after waiting for almost a half hour my birthday felt like it was the worst birthday ever. I knew I shouldn’t have had so much faith in him. It was Patrick Kane after all. This birthday was suppose to be awesome.

I wasn’t gonna cry, but the tears were burning in my eyes. No matter who it was, Patrick Kane or not, I was always overly upset with people that didn’t follow through with what they said they were where gonna do. It always made me upset. I waited until 8:45 and one tear escaped my eye. I started to sniffle. I got off the steps and turned around to walk up them.

“Lizzie!” Patrick said coming down the stairs. I stopped in my tracks and I saw him and my heart was all mushy and my stomach had butterflies. I was a ball of emotions. I could have started to cry on the spot. “Whoa you are dressed normal. Oh god you are gonna start crying Why are you gonna cry?” He was worried. Then I smiled and started to cry. “Don’t cry! Why are you crying?”

“I don’t it just I thought you weren’t gonna show up and...” I said stopping myself. “Let’s just say no matter what people are to me they don’t show up I start...” Then I just hugged him.

“I’m sorry! Please don’t cry. I feel extremely bad. My agent called, and he wouldn’t shut up. I got down here as soon as I can. Luckily I live close by.” he smiled and touched my cheek. “Happy Birthday.”

“Thank you.” I smiled back.

“I don’t know if I like what I see in this American thing. I mean that isn’t a Hawks shirt.” he said. He was trying his best to cheer me up. I let out a laugh.

“Hold on.” I said stepping a little away from him and took off my pens shirt to reveal a simple cotton black dress with a more than low cut. I took off my shorts and off, and my dress that went kind of way above my knee. Like you bent down you’d for sure see my ass, with that said I kept bending down to a minimum. My hair in a messy bun I pulled down and messed with to get it back to normal. I smiled looking at Patrick that was amused by me. I stuff my clothes in my overly large purse.

“That is much better...” Patrick said looking at my choice of clothing.

“And Katey said a Pens shirt and shorts. That isn’t the slightest fierce.”

“Right Eurotrash. I mean at least you look American this time.” he laughed. I just glared at him.

“So what are we doing?” I asked him.

“I was thinking we can go to eat at just a corner restaurant and then I have a surprise for you.” he said grabbing my hand and leading me to a restaurant not to far from where we were. I love how Katey warned me not to eat the whole day, because she knew I can’t eat a lot of food. We enjoyed a very late dinner and then once we left we started to head to Patrick’s building.

“Why are we going to your building?” I asked him.

“I have your birthday present up there.”

“Sex isn’t a birthday present.” I said looking at him.

“What do you take me as a sex fiend?”

“Do you want the answer to that?” I grinned. He gave me this look and just laughed. It was very intricate to get up to his floor in the huge, huge building. It was a lot of security codes or something he had on his keychain. I felt like we were going to some secret place or something. When he got to his door he opened the door and put his hands over my eyes so I can’t see.

“Patrick what are you doing?!” I asked him confused.

“Just trust me.” He said

“Trust you yeah right.” I spat back. We started to walk and I had my eyes closed. We stopped walking in about twenty steps.

“Keep your eyes closed.” he said moving his hands. I kept them closed, but I was growing anxious. I wanted to know what was around me and what his condo looked like. I was curious to see what taste he had. I heard stuff moving around and then it stopped about two minutes later. “Open.” Patrick whispered in my ear sending chills down my spine. I opened my eyes and what I saw almost took the breath away from lungs. I was standing in front of a huge glass window. The city was in front of me alive at night. It was so bright even from the height we were at. There was no need for lights in the room I was in. I was awestruck.

“I don’t know what to say...” I said looking out the window then back at Patrick.

“I know how much you said you love the city at night. I have one of the best views in town.” He grinned.

“Patrick this is really sweet.” I said smiled. “Thank you. This is really one of the best birthdays I’ve ever had. It has been one shitty birthday stack on top another for like years, and now I’m here.” I turned to him and hugged him. “Thank you.” I said.

“Hold on Eurotrash don’t thank me yet. That isn’t your present. So to make sure you are less Eurotrashy and well more classy I got you this.” he said handing me a present.

“What is this?” I asked him still holding the box.

“You are just gonna have to open it up to find out.” I grinned. I started to pull the paper off the box that seemed to be all black and glossy. I ripped enough of the paper off and I saw the white letters on the box.

CHANEL

“Patrick...” I said looking up at him.

“Go on...” He said. I opened the box and I saw the one thing I’ve wanted since I could remember.

A Chanel purse.

“Patrick...”I said looking at him. “How...”

“I just guessed.” he said.

“Katey didn’t tell you?”

“Katey told me no flowers.”

“So you buy me a Chanel purse instead?” I asked him.

“I wasn’t gonna get away with just something cheap. Eurotrash, you are to fancy to give you garbage.” he said. I just kept looking at him. I could figure him out. I set down the things on the floor and walked over you him and just looked into his blue eyes for answers.

“What is in there that I can’t comprehend?” I said looking into his eyes more. “Why can’t I understand what you are doing? Why no matter what you say or do I run towards you? That isn’t normal. What’s so special about us?” I had too many questions with a lack of answers.

Patrick pulled me in by my waist and kissed me. This time I didn’t pull away, because there was nothing more than I wanted in the world than this.

“I’m not lying when I say this Eurotrash... You drive me fucking insane.” he said. I just laughed and got out of his hold on me.

“You drive me crazy too.” I said grabbing the Chanel box and holding onto it.

“Good.” Patrick gave that grin.

“You aren’t sleeping with me tonight Patrick Kane.” I smirked.

“Oh really?” He inched towards me.

“Its gonna take more than a Chanel purse, a kiss, and some cute words.” I said walking towards the door and blowing him a kiss. “Until we meet again P. Kane” I winked opening the door and walking out.

I just left Patrick Kane like that, because if I didn’t leave like that something more was gonna happen. If I left Patrick Kane like that, we both were gonna be waiting for more.

Dangerous? Yes, but I’m a fucking genius.