Status: WORKING ON IT

Meanwhile in Chicago...

Seven

I need to blow off steam from the past week so bad. I spent money. I got my hair done. I did everything to make myself feel pretty and fierce again. However, nothing worked so with that said I laced up my figure skates and bought five hours of ice time at a rink. I wanted to skate until I felt sick. I wanted to be so cold my hand would become numb and red. Maybe that would make me feel like my normal self. I pressed play on the stereo system and old routine music I’ve done played across the Bose system speakers around the rink. I skated slowly to my spot at the centre of the ice and let the music kick in and I started off with my simple steps. I didn’t even need my eyes open anymore.

Pump, pump, pump, crossover.

Right foot up, jump with left foot, spin land on right foot skate backwards.

When I landed I just moved around the ice switching direction on one foot. I started to build speed for an axle. I was halfway in air when I heard my phone ring. It startled me and I landed on my arm and side when I fell to the ice. I got up quickly in pain and picked up my phone.

“Ow hello?” I said in pain.

“Lizzie?” I heard his voice.

“How did you get my number...” I asked him.

“I got it from Katey.” he said.

I was gonna fucking kill her.

“What do you want Patrick? I’m trying to block you out.” I said. I looked at my arm I had ice burn all up my arm. “Fuck my arm.” I quietly said to myself.

“What happened to your arm?” he said in somewhat concerned.

“I’m at the rink skating right now. You called right in the middle of me doing an axle... I fell. My arm is throbbing.” I said looking at my arm.

“Are you okay?!” He was worried.

“Stop faking emotions Kaner. I’m fucking fine. I fall all the time.”

“You must not be a good skater then.”

“Go to fucking hell. I hate you.” I said.

“Lizzie wait hold on.”

“What?” I said.

“Can I see you again?”

“Patrick the only time you’ll ever see me again is when you are wearing a hockey helmet and I’m on the other side of the glass.”

“So what does that mean?”

“It means I never want to see you again. I tried my best to find something in you that wasn’t a skeezy hockey player! Why are you so dunce? Why can’t you understand that when you call a girl a hookup that hurts their feelings. That if you never ever said that to Katey in the first place I wouldn’t be here in a ice rink skating trying to get you off my brain. I wasn’t trying to make you fall in love with me! I was just trying to find the better person in you. You know what I wanted out of this whole deal? The satisfaction of knowing that you aren’t what people say about you. I never wanted a boyfriend out of you, because you would be world’s shittest boyfriend. I liked having you around. I really liked you a lot I will admit that, but I don’t think there is any part of me right now that would make me run on a train to Chicago to go see you right now or if if ever feel like that again.”

I was lying through my teeth. I wanted nothing more than to just hop on a train run up to his building and just be around him. He was dick to me, but every girl seemed to love a guy that treated her like a dick. Patrick was that one person that treated me like a dick. He treated me like shit, but there was something about him that made me go running back for more.

“I want to try to, but you aren’t give me the chance to prove you wrong.”

“Patrick I have to go.” I said hanging up as fast as I could.

I skated for two hours straight with no break. Jump after jump after jump I felt my legs getting weaker. My hands were red and cold from the cold atmosphere I couldn't fell them anymore. My lungs hurt from the crisp air. I needed a break. I got off the ice and walked over to a bench. I took a few breaths and dialled Katey’s number.

“Hello? She said.

“Why did you give Patrick my number?” I asked sternly.

“Lizzie what are you talking about I didn’t give Patrick your number.” She said confused.

“Bull fucking shit you didn’t! He called me. He said he got my number from you! Why are you lying to me!?” I said was flying off the handle.

“Lizzie calm the fuck down. So he got your number no big deal.”

“No big fucking deal? IT IS A BIG DEAL! Why would you do such a thing when you know I’m trying to get rid of him.”

“Lizzie you aren’t gonna get rid of him. He is Patrick Kane.”

My blood was boiling. I stood up from sitting down.

“WELL FUCK PATRICK KANE! FUCK HIM AND HIS STUPID DICK HE THINKS IS HIS BRAIN. I HATE HIM. I did this as a favour to you. I wasn’t suppose to get dragged into all of this! I wasn’t suppose to crying over some dickwad.” I was starting to cry.

“Lizzie you have no one to blame but yourself for falling for him. If I know you were gonna get mooshie I would have got someone else to do it for me.” Katey spat back.

“FUCK YOU! You know why you made me do this Katey? BECAUSE I’M THE ONLY CAPABLE OF DOING IT. You know I was a for sure shoo into his life because I got big boobs and nice legs. I don’t see what you get out of this deal? I mean after all if I did ever sleep with him You’d just be the pathetic friend that name drops Patrick Kane, because you can’t actually do it.” I yelled into my phone. I didn’t care who heard me I was so angry. My blood was boiling. My heart was racing. I don’t think I was ever so angry in my life.

“Oh that is it ELIZABETH CZECH! Get off your high and mighty pedestal. You got where you are in life, because you are some spoiled rotten brat with good genetics. Go starve yourself some more. I mean after all the weight you lose is for ice skating right? Not for when you go up to Wrigleyville looking for some guy to leech onto. Guys don’t like fatties do they?” She yelled back.

“You get a lot farther in life if you don’t live through you friends.”

“You also get a lot farther in life when you don’t worry about what people think about you. Go shop at Zara Lizzie I heard they are having a sale!”

“Jealousy is a bitch!” I said hanging up. I was angry and started to skate again. I fell more than enough. I had to stop. I stopped skating, and then I went home. When I got home I just laid on my bed. I put on my iPod and just stared at the ceiling for about a half hour. I looked to the side and on my night side if saw that picture of Patrick and I. I just had a little grin. I missed this just being innocent and fun.

No Elizabeth you just miss him.

Shut up brain.

I got up and took a shower to try and get this chill out of me. Nothing is better than taking a hot shower in the mild of a 90 degree summer day with extreme humidity. I got out of the shower and started to get ready to what I was gonna do.

I grabbed that one lucky Zara shirt, that one one pair of fierce short shorts, and that pair of ALDO wedges that I got on sale. I put a little amount of makeup on, because where I was going I don’t think my makeup was gonna count. I heard my phone ring and I picked it up without looking.

“Hello.” I said.

“Lizzie come over please. I need to talk to you” Patrick said.

I didn’t have to think.

“I’ll meet you at your condo...” I said monotone.

“I’ll be waiting.” He said. I rushed to get ready, and then I took the train and I couldn’t get their quick enough. I rushed to get to his condo. I never was so quick about something in my life. I knocked on his door and he opened right away.

“So agreed to come here why?” He said letting me and walked in.

“Let’s get something straight Patrick. You drive me fucking insane. You treat me like shit, yet I’m still here. I like you for some odd reason. My brain isn’t working the right way since I met you. My normal brain function would tell me to get the fuck out of here and never talk to you again.”

“And yet you are here...” he grinned.

“Oh yeah I’m here loser.” I grinned. He inched closer to me and finally he pulled me in by the waist and we looked at each other.

“So figure skater... How flexible are you?”



“You are just gonna have to figure out huh?” I winked at him.

“You are so asking for it!” He said.

“Maybe I am.”

“Oh when did you become some sassy.”

“When you start hanging out with a manwhore.” I laughed.

“Well tell that manwhore he got pretty good game.” he smiled and kissed me. I let out a laugh. He picked me up and I couldn’t stop laughing. “Oh you likey?”

“Maybe...” I said slyly. He carried me to the couch and threw me down, and I couldn’t stop laughing.

“Case of the giggle much?”

“Maybe?”

“I think that is your favourite word.” he said going into kiss me again.

I wouldn’t lie this man was magic. He knew every spot on my neck that drove me crazy. He also knew how get off someone's shirt in record time.

Then there was a knock on the door, and they wouldn’t go away.

“GO AWAY!” Patrick yelled.

“Ugh mood killer.” I said looking at him. Patrick was actually kind of angry.

“Who the fuck is here?” He said getting off the couch without his shirt on. I leaned on the couch to see him open the door, and when he opened the door and the person I saw...

Lets just say me leaning over on the couch caused me to fall over the couch and land on my bad arm.

“Ouch.”