Status: Re-Writing

Emotions Run Wild

Regret

When Alice had called I wasn’t sure what to think. She had left me after all; told me in so many words to be with Scarlet and then she calls and complicates the relationship. I would always love Alice; she had found me, led me out of the darkness and helped me when I felt helpless. But I loved Scarlet too. I had hoped she would understand that.

Of course what she had heard didn’t fall in my favor. Stepping up the stairs to our porch, I paused as I spotted Edward. Why did Scarlet not let me explain?

“Because she’s afraid of what she feels; she is used to not feeling anything at all, but around you the emotions you feel are transferred in a sense to her and she is scared of how she feels around you. Scarlet doesn’t know if what she feels is real or if it’s just a joke.”

Offering me a smile, Edward paused as I replayed the phone call from Alice. Growling he moved quickly to the door, “Go back to her, make her let you explain yourself. I will call Alice; she can’t mess with human emotions like this,”

I had to agree with Edward. I couldn’t just give up on Scarlet. I wanted to be with her; she would just need to understand that a part of me would always love Alice.

“You might not want to include that part,” shutting the door behind him, I spun on my heel and sprinted off into the forest. Running back to Scarlet’s aunts house.

But within a 10 meter range I could smell the blood and it tugged on my needs, pulling my thirst to the frontline.

Taking a deep breath, I ran as fast as I could into the house and up the stairs. The scent was strongest from her bathroom. Kicking it, I winced as some splinters flew past her head landing in the bathtub. Scarlet was passed out against the wall blood still pouring from the cut on her left arm but I could tell it was beginning to clot.

What had I done? This was all my fault. Sweeping her up against my chest, I ran out of the house as fast as I could to my own, bursting through the door as Edward opened it.

“Carlisle, you have to save her,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I was hoping it was longer.

Love,
Devon